For anyone interested in learning anything...

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by kinetic being, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Openculture.com and bookboon.com are a couple of favorites......amongst many

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. Shit this thread was made in 08. Should've been stickied before. Great sources. Free education is a VERY good idea. :)

3. Definitely, you don't have to pay corporate for a mind. That's one thing they won't take from us.

Sent from my XT1056 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Love

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #105 canekush, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    Guys if you wanna Learn some cool stuff go on tpb and download some textbooks, if you like the book pLease pay for it afterwards to support the authors. Knowledge is more abundant in the modern world than ever, all you have to do is reach out and grasp it

Where da drank

6. #106 MandalaSmoker, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
    Thank you.

Khanacademy.org

Look into this one too.

7. useful informaion, thanks!

8. FUCK YEAH FUCK YEAH GC!

9. Anyone with internet access may have heard of this already, but TedTALKS is awesome, they cover information on a large range of topics, from anti-angiogenesis foods (cancer-fighting foods), to politics, science, and love.

TedTALKS has some shows on Netflix, they're quick clips, loaded with information.

If you're interested in college applications or researching colleges, CollegeBoard.org, they have SAT Planning and Prep available.

For college scholarships, Cappex.com, I've won a few scholarships from there, and from, OutlawStudent.com, Scholarships.com, Fastweb.com, ScholarShipPoints.com

Leafly.com for reviews on medical marijuana strains.

Pharmacology Research and Development, priResearch.com, has information on clinical trials studying how certain drugs affect certain diseases.

10. #111 ollie123453, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
    There is much information on all things related to sustainability, science and nature, including a very large list of documentaries.
    Can be found here:    http://www.sustainableworks.org/resources/docs 
    Look under resources at the top for documentaries.

11. Thanks a lot!

12. First off, thank you everyone. You have given me a lifetime of learning :) 

+99999999 to www.ted.com Ted Talks are very inspirational and interesting. I'm hooked on them. 

And youtube videos of Carl Sagan, Neil Degrasse Tyson, Richard Dawkins, and Brian Cox. 

Oh and Neil Degrasse has a podcast @ www.startalkradio.net where he features actors, comedians, other science peeps. Always entertaining. Various topics, some fictional.

Lets see... Cosmos series was awesome, both the original and new one. They are different in the messages they give, but still awesome none the less. 

Thanks again!

http://www.math.brown.edu/~treil/papers/LADW/book.pdf (Free online Textboook by Sergei Treil. Covers Linear Algebra)
    http://www.math.uah.edu/stat/ (Probability and Statistics along with applets to visually show what is happening)

14. #115 GanjaGuzzler, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
    Ted talks is a great way for people to understand information in a much more presentable matter, which is why I love it, but doesn't always go into greater detail because it takes a long time to present the information so that everybody can understand or comprehend it.

If anyone says "it's on the Internet so it must not be true" they are ignorant narrow-minded fools who need to open their minds perspective.

If people knew what they were looking for then the Internet is the best place to get information, as the Internet was intentionally designed to share known scientific data (mainly about the secretive particle accelerator which we all know of today) to other scientists and then it was given to the people as a tool of information so that everyone can learn whatever they wanted at a press of a few buttons. Man I love the Internet!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

15. This is awesome, seriously. I definitely feel like I'm part of a minority of individuals who value learning for the sake of learning. I guess in a lot of ways I relate success to education and I relate the level of education and your ability to preform to your overall level of knowledge. Can't say I'm too interested in stuff, like I'm not dying to read and learn, but I really try and push myself to read nonfiction over fiction (or more so philosophical/history based fiction). I'll definitely take a look at these but I also have a question-

Anyone know of any interesting (probably more on the humorous side) books about weed I could read?

16. Learning is fun! Studying is boring.
    hehe

Once you get a good system of studying it becomes a lot easier to sit and do. You just have to keep trying different things until you find a method more comfortable for you.

18. #120 willywagpole, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    Hahah i meant as joke like "studying" is more of a forced education=lack of interest or passion=less stuff gets done/learned.

When you "learn" purely from the heart because you are interested and passionate about the subject you will learn and grow so much better [​IMG]

I understand what you mean though :)