For anyone interested in learning anything...

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by kinetic being, Sep 19, 2008.

1. nice to know that the search for the ultimate truth is possible through grass city. ;-b ("thanx!")

2. This.

3. dude ..kinetic being ... you're fucking amazing! thanks for the links. i have stuff to read now when im blaze. i mean, i waas thinking about about plato and stuff liek that.. but theses links seem more fun

4. Anyone know an online source where I can learn about Space,Universe, etc. This section of grasscity has interested me.

5. #25 Cuniform, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
    wicked gnarly dude thx!
    Quantum physics is a bitch tho, thats why i went into atmospheric science
    [​IMG]

6. thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!:hello:

7. Great post! I think the majority of people, including myself, need to brush up on their facts.

8. Fucking a, dude, this is the most awesome thing I've seen posted here. Thanks a ton.

9. Any links for info on Plant Science/botany? :D it would be helpful

10. Wow this is great, MIT Robocraft Programming :hello:

11. #31 GrapDutchDrizzy, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010
    [​IMG]

High Existence

High Existence, Educate yourself without school

Ebookee and Podiobooks
    E-books

Librivox Acoustical Liberation of books in the public domain. Im sure most of you guys know about Librivox

Sheet Music Archive
    For Singers and Song Writers

12. Hands down the coolest post I have seen thus far here in my short time on GC. Thanks for this!:smoking:

13. Excellent post.
    More fuel for my 3 am exploring into the universe.

...and to think my bro is paying to go to MIT, smh

14. Anyone with interests in the classics (even though these people may be far and few) might enjoy these websites:

Perseus Digital Library - Perseus Digital Library - A free online database of many classical texts, in both English and their original language.

Codex Sinaiticus - See The Manuscript | Genesis | - Codex Sinaiticus - A free internet copy of one of the oldest Bibles in existence. Includes pictures of the manuscript fragments themselves. Can be found in English, German, Greek, or Russian.

bibliotheca Augustana - Bibliotheca Augustana - A free internet library consisting of many texts from the ancient world. Provides text in Latin, Greek, German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Russian, and more.

Greek Bible - Greek Bible - A version of the Bible in Greek. This version may be easier to read than the Codex Sinaiticus, due to the fact that almost half the words on almost every page of the Codex are assumptions, and are in parentheses.

15. #35 hardstyleaz, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2010
    Wow, thanks for all of that, I will definitely look over/read/download most of this.

+ rep and bookmarked

Edit: Oh you're not a member :(. Register so I can give you rep! lol

16. I like to look into law and deductive reasoning and the like, I quote laws to piss off police officers. They are not amused. I am actually more of a science guy its not cool but it gets results, unlike god.

17. This was a great post. You cant do a service more worthwhile than to encourage the seeking of knowledge. Look at all these posts, people saying they are actually taking this good advice and learning. Very impressive, spot on I say.

18. shit like this is what really helps us and moves us forward as a whole/species

i wish people that think like this can move on to a separate island, then we'd have so much unbelievable progress
    anyways sure im not 1st to say it but GOOD JOB

19. Here are 2 really cool sites.

WolfRamAlpha- Computational Knowledge Engine. Anything i say about this site would not do it justice. You can input math, geography, economics, astronomy, dates, integrations, formulas, etc. The list goes on and on. The guy made a video faq of what it can do here: screencast.

TED Ideas Worth Spreading: Basically a site full of videos from people around the world talking about ideas for the future, the world, universe, etc.