Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do different colours of weed ash determine the quality of the weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Roflmazturr, Sep 16, 2008.

1. the whiter the better.

2. I promise you bud that doesn't at least turn grey or white has chemicals in it.

3. what? what color does it turn besides white? Every weed i've ever smoked, regardless of genetics and quality, turns black because of the heat, and then turns into white ash. It's pretty simple.

4. Smoke some of my nugs from my first crop that literally had no flushing, and no curing... You need a lot more than a bic to get those to turn white. :D

I scorched some of them until no more smoke came, and they were still black.

5. if that happened to me i'd probably just stop smoking it out of fear that something was horribly wrong lol

6. depends on the temperature of the room

7. no. different strains of different qualities are all different colours of the rainbow

8. When does one become a pro cannabis smoker? I cant wait till that day!

9. Hey. So umm does it matter what color your ash is really? When its turnin color its time to pack another bowl thats all it means.

10. all weed is the same color , its your eyes and brain that make them look different.

11. Sorry, Im still a little confused on the topic.
    When you smoke is it supposed to be white/grey?

Because when I smoke my weed its black, but then turns white when it can't be smoked anymore.

Lets say I pack a bowl.
    I light my Spoon Pipe.
    Its burning I take a hit, and then let the spark/fire/flame die out.
    The ash is black and can still be smoked some more.
    Is that bad?

12. bro... the color of weed ash only varies between bowls because you torch it for a different amount of time... If you just keep torching it, it will just be white..... always.

13. If anyone is ever woundering why no one ever comes here anymore, this is why.
    Kill yourself and don't talk unless u know.

There are a plethora of things that cause your ash to stay hard and carbony. Most of the time it is from an improper flush leaving chemicals behind that deposite carbon upon ignition.
    This can happen in a few ways, over feeding without an improper flush is the most common.

When your weed burns black it does not mean its bad or that it is a bad quality. The weed I just grew gets me stoned as hell but burns black due to running a low ppm mix with molasses that didn't get flushed quite enough.

For thoes of you whom contest, don't respond without a viable return method of why your ash burns black and STAYS black?

14. i've heard a white ash means the buds were completely flushed, but i could me incorrect

15. fuck you all

16. white ash means the plant was urinated on at some point. have fun

17. The bud I had recently turned black with white ash covering it in my bowl...good/bad?

18. in case anyone hasn't realized yet, nobody knows for sure what ash colors mean, and honestly who gives a fuck

19. Nah, the color of the ash doesn't have anything to do with how dank your bud is. It should always burn a grayish/white color.

20. [​IMG]