Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Magnifying Glass

• Please log in to reply

KingJesus

KingJesus

Toke Break'n

• Registered Upgraded
  • 224 posts
I need a magnifying glass to check the trichromes on mah plants but I havent been able to find any with over 2x magnification. What is the minimum magnification I need to be able to tell the difference between cloudy and amber and where could I find a magnifying glass like that? Any help would be nice.

Similar Topics: Magnifying Glass     x

Underpantsman

Underpantsman

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,614 posts
You in America King?

http://www.radioshac...pi-2179604.html

Radio Shack brotha

KingJesus

KingJesus

Toke Break'n

• Registered Upgraded
  • 224 posts
^^^^^
One cool ass motha trucka.

Yeah I'm in the US. I'll be heading to radio shack today!!

KingJesus

KingJesus

Toke Break'n

• Registered Upgraded
  • 224 posts
Oh and also one more thing (first time grower),should i take a bud and look at it under the microscope or could I just take a leaf and look at it?

Underpantsman

Underpantsman

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,614 posts
You could just pull/cut one of the little sugar leafs off and look at it. Dont look at trichomes in the growroom if you got a HPS light, you will think they are all amber.

KingJesus

KingJesus

Toke Break'n

• Registered Upgraded
  • 224 posts
Just got home and looked at them under the microscope. One cloudy starting to turn amber and two starting to turn cloudy. Im guessing I have a few more weeks.

dankohzee

dankohzee

Budding Mycologist ;^)

• Gold Member
  • 3,410 posts

somekind

somekind

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,799 posts
You could use your mom's magnifying glasses. OR buy one at ALMOST ANY STORE.

KingJesus

KingJesus

Toke Break'n

• Registered Upgraded
  • 224 posts
So you think a little piece of bud would be a better call? This grow is going poorly tbh. Small buds so far. Only upside is they look/smell pretty dank. I'm expecting maybe an ounce from 3 plants. And one other I think could produce an ounce, but its a different strand and is much older than the others (transplanted from someones house outdoors). It's barely flowering compared to those. But yeah. Back on topic. I guess I'll try cutting a piece of bud before I make any judgement.

Underpantsman

Underpantsman

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,614 posts

So you think a little piece of bud would be a better call? This grow is going poorly tbh. Small buds so far. Only upside is they look/smell pretty dank. I'm expecting maybe an ounce from 3 plants. And one other I think could produce an ounce, but its a different strand and is much older than the others (transplanted from someones house outdoors). It's barely flowering compared to those. But yeah. Back on topic. I guess I'll try cutting a piece of bud before I make any judgement.

Can you pull your plants out and just look at the buds while they are still on the plant? Or are you in a hydro table or something? Hate to see you lose even more weight.

Klutter

Klutter

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,011 posts
I normally snip off just a couple of the shortest leaves found on the buds... I pull 1 from the top, 1 from middle and 1 from bottom.... gives me a good snapshot of the entire plant's trichs...

KingJesus

KingJesus

Toke Break'n

• Registered Upgraded
  • 224 posts
No, it's soil based. I took the plants out and looked at the top colas directly under the microscope and the trichromes look pretty similar to the ones on the small leaves. I still have a little while to go. Whats weird about two of the plants is they barely have any hairs at all compared to the other one. The seeds came from the same bag.

springs23

springs23

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
will 6x magnification work?

trihelix

trihelix

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

will 6x magnification work?

get 30-60x magnification. I just ordered a 30X from ebay for 2$ with shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/w...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Budlet

Budlet

• Registered Upgraded
  • 210 posts
I got this one and it has a light built in. It's a lot easier to look through than the microscopes or the tiny loupes. The glass is about 3/4" in dia and you won't have to remove any plant material to use it, nor do you have to hold it close to your eye so you can spot check all over the plant.

40x 21mm Loop Magnifying Magnifier Jeweler Loupe 2 LED | eBay

Edited by Budlet, 22 June 2011 - 05:55 AM.

rhapsodyrcks

rhapsodyrcks

• Banned by Moderators
  • 8,164 posts
amazon.com type in jewlers loop. 5 bucks, 2 days you have it. Easy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users