Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Rodgers might have injured his hand/wrist. Not good.

2. Well at least one game today was interesting.

3. lol I love Al Michaels. "woah... a little exclamation"

4. Oh Tony Romo. Such poor luck. He's like the Charlie Brown of the NFL.

On the plus side, Dallas should have a pretty nice pick in the 2016 NFL Draft. I'm betting that in the offseason Team Jones also decides to try and pry Johnny Football away from Cleveland for a pittance to be Romo's backup. You know what? Fuck it, try and get Josh Gordon too. I don't like the Cowboys nor most of their fans but I would definitely watch Romo and/or Johnny Alcohol throwing lobs to Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, and Jason Witten.

I'm fairly confident that they end 3-13 on the year now that Romo is totally done, which would put them top-5 (I think with McCown under center Cleveland sneaks a couple more wins, but Baltimore is absolutely decimated, the Titans are still the Titans, and the Chargers are about as decimated as Baltimore so those are my top-5 for the '16 draft, with Houston close behind). Dez Bryant is going to be heavily blanketed by opposing secondaries, Terrance Williams needs a guy who can throw a deep ball for him to have any effectiveness, which pretty much leaves Cassel trying to throw to Witten or screens to McFadden. They play Washington, then GB, NYJ, BUF, and then end at home against Washington -- maybe they can split the series with Washington or upset the Jets but I don't see it with Cassel under center considering the offense they have in place.

Bills DT Kyle Williams out for the year.
    Romo out for the year of course.
    Devonta Freeman out for the ATL-MIN game this week.
    Revis out this week for the Jets.

5. Imagine if Adrian Peterson was as much of a fucking cry baby about his teammates as Aaron Rodgers is. Adrian, one of the best running backs of all time, doesn't bitch nearly as much as "pretty good" Aaron Rodgers does about his team.

Every year I lose more and more respect for Rodgers. Not that I have a lot of respect for Peterson, but at least when he plays poorly he puts it on his shoulders.

6. I think Romo is lucky to get injured so much... that way the Cowboys can excuse all their losses... they'd be just as bad with him and he would have been released a long time ago.

7. You have respect for Adrian Peterson? He's a great football player, but outside of that, nothing of note. Not a human being I would say is deserving of respect.

Rodgers seems like he's either got the yips or hiding an injury, but to be fair, Davante Adams is a drop machine, TE game is nonexistent, and you never know how GB's run game is going to go. Either way losing to the Lions and Bears means something's off in Wisconsin, yeh?

8. What I was saying is, I at least respect Adrian for not blaming his team mates when he fucks up.

9. Carolina defense is legit....best combo LBs in the game, elite corner in Norman, Coleman gonna make the pro bowl as the safety, Short and Star with Allen..flat out nasty. Man, imagine when they get Benjamin back and pair him with Funchess.

Gotta say, this Panthers team is scary good.

10. Wish the Eagles would have never gotten rid of Coleman.

11. [​IMG]

12. #74813 budsmoker55, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015
    Well idk about this guys ... We're traveling with 3 receivers too Denver .. Lafell, Keyshawn Martin, and Chris Harper ... Just wow .. If we want to somehow pull this off gunna need chandler too actually step up so we can work some of these two TE sets .. This is gunna be an ugly one though Pats 23 Denver 17

13. [​IMG]

14. Dont underestimate Denver secondary. Talib and Harris Jr. are top 5 corners in the game, lets also not forget TJ Ward. I think the X factor is how well they contain Von Miller. If Miller gets to Brady, it can be a long night.

Gonna be a good one, but I would not be surprised with a iffy Amendola and no Edelman, they can get exposed and suffer their 1st loss. Gronk has to have a monster game!

15. I mean I'm definitely not underestimating them hence the "just wow" as far as our receivers go lol .. And Amendola is officially ruled out ...

This is where chandler needs to show why we brought him here .. To be another receiving threat in a 2 TE set when there doubling Gronk ... But you can never count out Bill/Brady!

16. When Edelman went down my roommates all 'eh no problem. They got amendola'

Told him 'what? For two games'?

Dude can not stay healthy

17. [​IMG]

18. I got banned from a thread for less...

butt I'll take the tampon... Cause I'm not a fucking baby.

:D