Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. So he was clearly out of bounds, they didn't even give the Bills a chance to win

2. i seriously dont get it. it was so obvious that he was not touched and rolled backwards out of bounds with time left on the clock.

and earlier in the drive the refs let the clock keep running while they were debating the spot of the ball on that Woods catch.

plus the inadvertent whistle play was a complete clusterfuck. the fact that they blew the whistle is obviously a huge fuck up, but they also fucked by giving the patriots the yardage for the catch. the whistle was blown before the catch was made so the play should have never counted and should have been re-played.

the NFL needs to get their shit together with its officiating.

3. Didn't have a chance to catch the game but I believe that New England is the first team to keep Karlos Williams from scoring a touchdown in his young career. LeGarrette Blount looks primed to have a 1,000 yard rushing season for the first time since his rookie season with Tampa during Greg Schiano's reign of terror.

Also Danny Amendola is on pace for his highest target total since 2010 when he was on the Rams catching passes from a rookie Sam Bradford. Looking at that team's PFR page, it's really a shame how injuries derailed most of the talent on the offensive side of the ball. Bradford got hurt a lot, Amendola got hurt a lot, Laurent Robinson was taken out of the league from concussions, Danario Alexander's knee ligaments gave out on him, Brandon Gibson has never played a dozen games in a season...

4. How is Karlos Williams doing?

I'm a Florida State guy so Karlos is my man... even met his Mom in Dallas when FSU played OK State.

He came out of high school as the #1 safety in the nation but it never worked out for him at FSU, so Coach Fisher moved him to RB and he helped us win the National Championship.

Glad to see he got Drafted by the Bills who have the most FSU players of any team... but I don't really know what he's been up to.

Wish EJ could beat out Tyrol Taylor who wasn't really special in college... I'd think EJ has more potential but it's a tough League...

5. Tyrod injured??? Someone said Manuel...hahahahaha, that's funny.

Connor Cook..the Bills need him already.

6. #74746 tetoleetd, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
    Karlos is doing well, he has made a ton of big plays this year, even catching the ball. he has potential to be a top flight running back. surprisingly though, given his size, he is pretty shitty picking up the tough yards in short yardage situations. and hes stuck behind Shady so his touches are limited.

and EJ sucks. i guarantee the Bills will let him go after this season. he is horribly inaccurate(even a lot of his completions are off target, causing the wr to make crazy body adjustments to catch it) and he plays way too timid. he is also prone to making some huge bone headed errors here and there. i love EJ's personality and how he carries himself, but as a player he is total garbage.

7. tyrod didnt play well tonight but he's actually been pretty good this year. coming into tonights game he led the league in completion percentage and he has been making some big plays through the air as well as with his feet.

i dont think the bills will have a high enough draft pick to get a top flight QB anyway, even if they wanted to(which i dont think they will want to if Tyrod keeps playing like he has).

8. Left game last night with knee injury .. Gettin MRI done today if we lost Amendola that's now dion, Edelman and yams all in consecutive weeks ... FUCK INJURIES!

9. Yeah but with Amendola you can always anticipate an injury costing him at least a couple games a year. Small guy with miles on the body from being a slot receiver over the years lends itself to high rates of repetitive injuries.

LOLBrowns. Video of Manziel clubbing and splurging on expensive champagne leads Mike Pettine to start Josh McCown this week and put Austin Davis ahead of Johnny Football on the depth chart.

10. Johnny Manziel is so unbelievably dumb

11. Is Johnny Football still an alcoholic?

12. My roommate is the biggest Johnny apologist lol

13. Manziel....seriously, 1st round pick??? The Browns starting with Tim Couch, Justin Gilbert are just a few picks that you question. Guess the team is forever in the gutter

14. Ray Farmer has gotta be donezo. Everything he drafts turns to shit

15. What got me is he is the one that jumped to pick Manziel in the 2014 draft, correct? I mean, I assume it was Haslam forcing his hand, but either way that's on you as the GM. Anyway, apparently coach Pettine said he made the decision after conferring with Farmer and his coaching staff.

I mean, this is a bit different than something like the Josh Gordon situation, or the Justin Blackmon situation, imo.

I do wonder sometimes what Cleveland would look like as a team if they had drafted Derek Carr instead of my Raiders. I guess as a guy that doesn't really drink (although I worked in a nightclub for years) I can't quite understand the innate compulsion to go clubbing when you're making millions of dollars with the opportunity to become a household name as an NFL starting quarterback. Hell, you fuck up and lose your job and you can always go back to being a club rat.

16. Johnny should go to the Eagles. I'm sure Chip wouldn't mind a little boozin' every now and then.

17. So I posted about LaRon Landry being reinstated by the NFL sometime last week (iirc) at the same time as Aldon Smith getting a 1yr suspension.

Now I get to post about the NFL suspending LaRon Landry indefinitely for what I have to assume is another PED violation because this big oaf can't stop juicing.

Raiders waive LB RayRay Armstrong, Pittsburgh dog taunter. I still don't understand our trade with Indy that cost us Sio Moore considering he just sits as a healthy scratch for a piss-poor Indy defense and he was a useful piece for us in Oakland.

Miami claims former 2012 1st-round pick Quentin Coples off waivers from the Jets.
    First of all we all know that Chip is either going to force his way to Tennessee for a boatload of picks to Philly or he's going to bring the circus to town and bring in CK7 and RG3 to compete with Bad Knees Bradford and The Sanchize.

More to the topic, a valid point made on PFT (rare that I get to say that):

"Gronk does it and he's just the lovable meathead
    Manziel does it and he should be cut immediately"

18. Rams WR Stedman Bailey was shot in the head tonight in South Florida

19. #74760 Nugagerube, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
    In the head damn? I heard he got shot twice is in stable condition. Surgery Wednesday.
    Apparently there were kids in the car too.damn wtf. Shits crazy.
    Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app