Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. First casualty from his signing was starting defensive end released. ... I honestly think this is the beginning of the end for you guys. Time to pay for the talent you guys developed and watch surrounding cast get worse and worse.

2. You mean the 31 year old veteran on the last year of his contract? Lol

3. #72923 Kroptonik, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2015
    lol RV, he's only 30.....
    But we got brandon mebane and ahtyba Rubin, Jordan hill, jimmy staten and d'anthony smith to play dt

4. shit I think Rubin woulda taken mcdaniels spot as starter if he was still on the team anyway.

5. People are making too much of a big deal about the phone thing. He submitted his phone records to the investigation but destroyed his actual phone. I'm sure he has some private shit on his phone that's nobody's businesses that he doesn't want getting out. He gave the phone records. Should be enough.

Also Russell Wilson is the real deal. He's a winner and these past few seasons are only the beginning. He has the right mentality to be a starting qb in the nfl and his game will keep evolving as he grows into the role. Seahawks better hold on to him, they can't buy a better quarterback so he's worth whatever he wants.

6. He still fucked up, that shit will now be public record in a federal court...whatever he was trying to hide is now going to be out there anyway.

7. Wow must be some fucked up shit to destroy your phone to make sure no one sees it

8. Not necessarily. Could just be pictures of the wife or something he just doesn't want to get out. It's not like destroying a phone is going to any great lengths.

If this wasn't the Patriots it wouldn't be nearly as big a deal as they've made it.

9. dez startin fights in camp eh? Wonder if the cowboys get the same punishment the hawks got in 2012 when sherman and Phil bates got in a fight.

10. If any other franchise QB and superbowl winning team was found lying to the public about something as stupid as deflating balls a few psi, they would be equally condemned, if spygate didn't exist as well. It's not always the crime, it's often the failed cover up and lack of compliance that angers most NFL fans. If it was any other team they likely would've reached an agreement much sooner, owned up to their mistakes as an organization and it would be over. So your right because it was Robert, Bill, and Tom, they had to try to cover it up and prolong the process.

I'm getting real sick of people claiming it's only because it's Tom Brady, and the Patriots. Bullshit. It's because they got caught breaking the rules, for the second time now. Not that fucking hard to comprehend.

11. Do you guys think Chip Kelly is a racist? I don't get where these accusations come from, but I mean I don't know the guy.

12. No

13. Tom Brady should be forced to play with flat footballs the rest of his career. No suspension or fine. Just a completely flat ball. That'll show him.

14. #72934 budsmoker55, Aug 3, 2015

15. #72935 budsmoker55, Aug 3, 2015
    Maybe not ONLY because it's Brady, Bill, and the Pats but MOSTLY .. your just being naive if you think that the most winning team in football the past 15 years happens to get the most shit because they got caught/accused of two things the past 8 years ... http://yourteamcheats.com

16. They haven't proved anything. Part of getting caught is the existence of proof that you were in the wrong. That doesn't exist.

Also the punishment doesn't fit what the rules specify for an equipment violation, which is what this was, if it was anything.

Apart from destroying his phone, I don't see anything else you can point to that suggests there is some sort of cover up here. And even with the phone, that means whatever he was covering up was on his phone but not in his phone records. So what, did he take a selfie with a deflated football before taking the field against the Colts?

What could possibly be there that would change anything?

17. Collaboration with the ball boys to deflate the balls I guess.....I bet the nfl players of last decade are glad the news cycle then wasn't 24/7/365 like now.

18. I'm not even talking about the phone, just another thing to make you question what's really going on. Even if the only one at fault was the ball boy, everyone else in the organization is denying and trying to cover it up. Like I said the cover up is what pisses most people off. Own up to what happened and it would've been over. Instead, Brady's too worried about his own legacy.

The proof is that the balls were found deflated, not the Colts balls. This was first brought to attention by a Colt who intercepted a ball and realized it was under inflated. Even fans can't own up to it, regardless of who did it, your team cheated to get to the superbowl. No reason they even needed to.. but they did.

On another note, I find it hilarious the Cowboys have the odds to win the nfc east, Eagles are winning the division hands down.

19. Not with all the good black players gone

20. Quarterback controversy

1438707108184.jpg