Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. #72661 guod, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015

King Smoke: I know right? Crazy shit....

:edit: Giving money to the NFL, would be like donating to the government....:(

2. They're not. They're jew'd the worst of all professional athletes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forumlll.

3. I see the point you're getting at, but he's still making ten million dollars over four years. Let's calm it down. Yeah, relative to other sports football players make less, but ODB could've chosen to play a different sport too...he's a 90s baby, he was alive to see all the big money deals baseball and basketball players started getting around the time he was 10 or 11. IMO, if the risks aren't worth the reward to him, he's more than welcome to walk away from the game and join the ranks of other risky professions where you're severely underpaid and certainly are not making millions (law enforcement, soldiers, lumberjacks, oil rig workers, etc.). Dudes have walked away this past season having made less money (Chris Borland, for example).

4. Because he's getting paid fat already.. He's not supposed to push for more for all players?

Football players should just roll over cause they're predecessors screwed the sport? with that line of thinking the NCAA could be considered a decent organization.

This and the reasons you cited are why unions exist man. You gotta fight for what you wanna do before you give up. Not the other way around.

Rosters are bigger in football than the other two sports, so more players are getting paid, which means less money to go around.

If the concern is he won't have enough money down the line to pay for potential medical problems stemming from the job (which was ODB's argument), the solution is to push for guaranteed healthcare for current and future players. I don't buy for a second that giving a guy in his 20s an extra few million a year in 2015 is going to help him as his body betrays him in 2045-2065 after years of playing a high-contact sport. A healthcare program through the NFL would ensure that and while it would cost the NFL's franchise owners a good bit of money, ultimately it's great press that would help revive the NFL's current abhorrent image in the public eye and it would also be a way to circumvent paying players more money now.

6. Football won't exist as we know it in most of our lifetimes.

7. How's it rockin bro! How's the OD season coming along. Bless my journal with some pics!

8. More exciting news for 49ers fans...NOT!! Guess this is why we went DL in the first round. Justin The Cowboy Smith....retires. Lengendary 49er...

Excited to hear Charles Haley work with our edge rushers like Aldon Smith. Im interested to see this rookie Eli Harold kid...he sounds like a steal and will get playing time.

9. 9ers r so fucked. New coach. Half their front seven retired.

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #72670 budsmoker55, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  11. Leave it to the NFL to turn this whole thing into a fucking shit showe

12. #72672 budsmoker55, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
    Wow Kraft giving up I guess "reluctantly accepting the punishment" fuck that .. Tom Brady's appeal will go on ...

Possible deal behind closed doors I'm guessing? Tom Brady appeals and gets nothing now probably...

13. I bet Goodell wanted something out of Kraft in order to reduce the penalty to the team and Kraft didn't want to give it up. I find it hard to believe they'd be negotiating over Brady's suspension. If they were then the whole thing is a sham. The judgement is supposed to be about the truth, not backroom deals.
    I bet Goodell wanted something out of Kraft in order to reduce the penalty to the team and Kraft didn't want to give it up. I find it hard to believe they'd be negotiating over Brady's suspension. If they were then the whole thing is a sham. The judgement is supposed to be about the truth, not backroom deals.

14. It was a shit show from the very beginning. The refs were tipped off well in advance of the game that the Patriots were suspected of deflating footballs, yet they still allowed them to play with them. Rather than nipping it in the bud they turned it into a sting operation and it ballooned into a huge black eye for the league.
    It was a shit show from the very beginning. The refs were tipped off well in advance of the game that the Patriots were suspected of deflating footballs, yet they still allowed them to play with them. Rather than nipping it in the bud they turned it into a sting operation and it ballooned into a huge black eye for the league.

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432320395.258964.jpg

16. So why isn't every one jumping on A-rod. He said he likes his balls filled a 1/2 psi over the regulation.
    Gaspp

17. #72677 Royal Vengeance, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
    He didn't get caught. That's the way rule breaking works.

Like my buddy use to say when he ran red lights "No PoPo no Problem"

There's also not a slew of evidence against him actively trying to get the balls at a certain psi like there is with brady AND then covering it up and not answering questions or handing over your shit. He was being investigated by a private company (NFL) and he's being punished by a private company for not abiding with the investigation.

Short simple sweet answer? Brady apparently sucks at cheating and is a dick when he's caught. Who cares about AROD

18. Running red lights is dumb as fuck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Especially with traffic cams. Besides, the intersection is controlled for a reason...

20. #72680 Royal Vengeance, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    Lol. Yes running a red light is dumb. Good input.

Also traffic cams have been removed from almost all of LA because of law suits.

Again. Running red lights is dumb. Oi Vay!