Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. [quote name="llllllllll" post="21473945" timestamp="1427414530"]Your words not mine, but I'll allow it.

But hey, it's not my problem if you guys cant come to a conclusion about something based strictly off of facts, logic and reasoning...

This coming from a women. Too funny

2. Veterans combine is stupid for every reason posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forumlll.

3. 49ers waive Jonathon Martin...thank god, never should have gotten him anyway. Who the hell wants an offensive lineman who gets bullied? Give me the nasty gritty bully instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Bum bum... Buh buh buh bum.. Go pack go!!

Sent on the mobile app suckaa.. Go grab that shit

5. #72285 Royal Vengeance, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015

Wrong thread lol

6. niners looking to sign my boy bishop for lb depth. Played with him as well. He did win a supper bowl with packers when they got their last one. He would be a solid vet to sign.

I can and do disagree, specifically with what you wrote. Just as what I state doesn't make your claim false, you stating that "it's not false, ergo it's true" is inaccurate.

The NFL Veteran Combine is not deemed a success simply because you believe it to be so. If 2,000 former players apply for it and one man makes it, that's an atrocious rate of success. It wouldn't be worth the effort nor the funds necessary to establish it were it not for the fact that it's broadcasted on television (presumably the NFL Network; I wouldn't know as I don't have television). Clearly it wasn't worth the time of most of the teams in the NFL, because if there was value to be found at this combine, it would be swallowed up immediately, considering these dudes would be had on league-minimum contracts.

I also never said it was a media event, you're putting words in my mouth (which you did in your subsequent post). I'm saying this attempt at creating something that can last and be useful to franchises was a failure. What was it really good for? Throwing dirt on the careers of dudes who were clearly done a couple years ago, like Mikel LeShoure and Mike Bush? Throwing shade at dudes that are never-weres, like Michael Sam? All this shit is good for thus far is training camp fodder. A couple guys who might fall in at #5/6 at WR or deep on the defensive depth charts. You won't be finding guys of particular value out of nowhere. GMs have said as much already.

And the fact that the NFL made these guys pay to try out, when they already are veterans? These aren't motherfuckers coming off the street, they've already contributed to franchises in the past, and you're going to make them pay a multi-billion-dollar company that goes untaxed so that they can embarrass themselves on national television?

Garbage. Hot, hot fucking garbage.

PS the Panthers picked up Jonathan Martin off waivers, and also signed GB castoff WR Jarrett Boykin.

8. #72288 Ryan Donnelly, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Falcons just lost their 5th round pick and fined 350k for piping crowd noise into the stadium :laughing:

9. #72289 budsmoker55, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    And the Browns get a $250,000 fine, and there GM who has no impact on the game gets a 4 week suspension for texting to the teams sideline during games ... Wtf NFL?

10. Both seem warranted to me

11. You shouldn't have to pipe crowd noise into the stadium but I think a draft pick is a little severe. Just fine em and move on, no need to sabotage their talent pool for this nonsense.

And I don't see why a GM can't communicate via text message with the sideline during the game. Why is that against the rules? I wonder if the 4 week suspension bars him from going to team facilities and discussing the team with anyone else in the front office.
    You shouldn't have to pipe crowd noise into the stadium but I think a draft pick is a little severe. Just fine em and move on, no need to sabotage their talent pool for this nonsense.

And I don't see why a GM can't communicate via text message with the sideline during the game. Why is that against the rules? I wonder if the 4 week suspension bars him from going to team facilities and discussing the team with anyone else in the front office.

12. So, how far off is the 'No Fun League' from becoming a real thing now.

13. I thought it already was a real thing
    I thought it already was a real thing

14. I thought the browns were txting other teams OCs for match ups in game for teams that they played...

15. #72295 Ryan Donnelly, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
    Bucs trade 2 time pro bowl safety dashon goldson to skins in exchange for 2016 pick, retaining part of his salary

This new GM has been making some good moves lately, that was one of their weakest positions

16. If safety is your weak position getting Goldson isn't going to help much. Yea he's going to make a lot of big time hits but he's going to get A LOT of 15 yard helmet to helmet flags. As a 49er fan I saw this way to often with Goldson and Whitner.

17. Yep. He is a heavy hitter and they are no loner wanted in the league.

18. #72298 Deleted member 506764, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well they are trying to replace Brandon Merriweather...

19. This guy cant be worse than meriweather dirty wise

20. 2 first round picks and 45 millon spent since 2012 on getting Barron, Revis and him...all 3 are gone now