Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. I wonder if a team could use dual slot receivers effectively like the pats did with TE's.
    I'd want to see Cobb come to Miami after they cut the shitty LB's. Cobb and Landry inside with Wallace outside. Clay can be flexed around. Draft a WR 1st or 2nd round this draft to replace Wallace and his contract. I want Wallace cut after next season unless he goes insane and actually fights for a catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If greenbay doesnt pick up Cobb OR use that extra cash to get someone from FA then that is a serious problem

3. Peyton Manning taking a $4 million pay cut, I love when guys do this. Some people are so damn greedy, I mean I get it but shit put $500K in my hand and I'll make millions off of that without playing football.

4. I think Cobb goes to the Eagles. They saved like 20+ mill moving shady and if Maclin doesn't come back that obviously is a big hole that needs to be filled.

Plus chip could use him in the wildcat

5. How about turning 20 dollars into 100 first big guy .....:rolleyes:

6. ooooohhhh burnnn

7. The hard part is turning that 100 into 10K

10K and you can come up with an idea and ATLEAST convince people to give you more money lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forumlll.

8. I don't see how this puts them in any worse of a position. Who did you think was going to be their quarterback?

9. I heard Wallace may not be brought back for next season with the phins. A return to Pitt is likely according to league sources.

10. Miami basically has to retain Wallace now. He and Landry are the only proven receivers on the roster. His dead money is too much to make cutting him worth it cap-wise. If someone trades and absorbs that contract more power to them. I'd take Sanu from the Bengals straight up for Wallace. Then Miami needs to draft White or Parker. I think Parker could fall to 13. Also with the cap relief sign Mark Ingram.
    I think an Ingram/Miller backfield would be a good, cheap platoon.

11. #71911 budsmoker55, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    hoyer .. could of pursued McCown before Browns got him hell I'd take Matt Moore over Matt cassel he is HOT GARBAGE! .. Would also take Sanchez/mallet over him ...never mind cassels injury risk has he ever made it through a full season?

12. Vince Wilfork is out in New England.

13. #71913 Nugagerube, Mar 5, 2015
    Crazy Philly traded mccoy but RB are being increasing devaluated in the nfl today. If Alonso does what he did his rookie year it'll be a good trade. Demeco Ryans was a good vet. Kendricks is a talented young lb. If Alonso produces then eagles d may be good again. Now to fix the real problem the secondary

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. the year Brady went down

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Darnell Dockette signing with the 49ers!

16. Yeah i just read they declined his option. I'm still holding out hope they work something out. Vince can still be a productive player for us and he's a great locker room presence. With all he's done over the years I wish they would just hold on to him long enough to let him retire a Patriot. I feel like they owe him that.

17. Hope the lions pick him up with suh being gone. Then we could use our first round pick on a corner or OT

18. #71918 Deleted member 506764, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    He's had a couple good seasons. 08 was a good year of course, that's really what brought him to everyone's attention. I think 2010 was his good year with the Chiefs if i remember correctly.

I'd take him over Sanchez. He can perform in the right system with the right pieces around him. Having Lesean McCoy will take a lot of pressure off him.

And it's not like the Bills have to start Cassell. I'm sure they'll have a qb competition during training camp and pick the guy that gives them the best chance to win.

But yes, I'd rather have Brian Hoyer or Matt Moore too. We don't know how realistic that is though. If the money is comparable would you rather live in Buffalo or a different city?

19. #71919 budsmoker55, Mar 5, 2015
    7 years ago? and even then he could just pass as a game manager ... He is absolute utter shit .. And I can't wait to watch us stomp them twice this season

20. #71920 budsmoker55, Mar 5, 2015
    cause having AP in the backfield made him look like an all star LOL ... He blows you'll see won't be long before he's benched (if he's the starter)