Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. yessssss lets go buffalo!!! giving sexy rexy some OFFENSIVE weapons for the first time in his coaching career and our defense was great last season WITHOUT kiko!!

fuck yessss

2. #71882 Royal Vengeance, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    This draft class is suppose to be deep as FUUUUU in Backs so probably a draft pick..

Or they could just go grab some undrafted guy lol

LOTTA the better backs last year were un drafted

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forumlll.

3. Lesean also had an extremely underwhelming season last year. Now we get to really see if the stupid picks the jets made were the jets.. Or Ryan. Lol

Seems like the "good ol' jets" but in buffalo. Grab tons of players in trades that used to be good or were once good.

EJ ain't leading that team anywhere and neither is Brian hoyer (likely candidate after McCown went to Cleveland) so.. Idk if it's just me but seems like Rex being Rex.

Idk though. Not a New York or Rex Ryan fan so there's also that :p

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forumlll.

4. #71884 tetoleetd, Mar 4, 2015
    eh, mccoy rushed for over 1,300 yards last year and actually had the 2nd best season of his career in terms of rushing yards. i think you are exaggerating the "extremely underwhelming season" part.

and ive already been through this in this thread but i truly believe the bills have way more offensive talent on the team right now than the jets ever had during rex's tenure there.

5. Both teams could come out winners. Though I may like it more for the Bills.

6. I know absolutely nothing about Kiko but I'm assuming he's a pretty good LB if they are giving up their main offensive weapon.

And RB nowadays don't get the first/second round importance. The best RB in last years draft (Carlos Hyde) went to the 49ers in the 3rd (?) round. Either way..can get a good RB without using a first round pick...RB is the most overrated position in the NFL now.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Frankly I'm pretty shocked that Shady got dealt for so little. And of course, Chip Kelly takes his guy from Oregon, LB Kiko Alonso, who is coming off ACL surgery and has one career season (albeit a pretty good one) under his belt. Ballsy move, for sure. Eagles have to hope it works out as well as the DJax trade did.

Trent Cole mad af out there too. Can't blame him.

Wonder where CJ Spiller ends up now. I would be okay with trying to get him on a 2yr deal in Oakland, with all the cap space we have. Money better spent on him than last year's piss-ass move to get MJD. Plus CJ Spiller is familiar with splitting time, and that could work great to keep him healthy while letting Latavius Murray try his hand at a starting gig.

I'd also be okay with us taking Todd Gurley, but I think he goes pretty high in the draft. Maybe we can get Melvin Gordon. Ameer Abdullah could be useful; dude strikes me as an Ahmad Bradshaw type of back.

8. You don't need to show up on the stat sheet to be a good corner. Actually, not showing up on the stat sheet is a sign of a good corner. It means the ball isn't coming their way too often.

Put the spreadsheets away, the game is played on a field.

9. typical philly shit ,atleast they get someone on defense tho

10. Hyde went in the 2nd, and i would say Jeremy Hill had a more impressive season as a rookie.

As for Kiko Alonso, dude was an absolute beast before tearing his ACL before the 2014 season, he's a stud and reunited with his old coach from Oregon.

Melvin Gordon and Gurley will probably get selected in the 1st and early 2nd round.
    Whats this i hear the 9ers may be interested in CJ Spiller...looks like they are showing Gore the exit out.

11. I think i would rather have Kiko Alonso than Lesean McCoy right now.

12. Good trade for Philly. We'll see how McCoy does without a good O-line. Great MLB don't just grow on trees... Alonso can be a great if he stays healthy. Eagles needed D help anyway.

13. Is Gurley projected ahead of Gordon? I thought it would be the other way around but I don't watch much college, I know Gordon looked pretty good and I wouldn't mind if the ravens got him. And didn't Gurley have a serious injury?

14. I'm lost for words right now..

wow.

Guess we're trying to open some space and build that defense???

15. I feel like chips system is plug in and play with most of the offense...so replacing shady will be really simple for them...

16. Lesean McCoy is older than Kiko Alonso. LBs have more longevity than RBs. Good starting LBs are also more in demand.

17. Dude your trying to argue with a woman about football. I have up on her a long time ago. Are you winning. She is always keeping score like woman do.

18. #71898 budsmoker55, Mar 4, 2015
    Matt cassel to the bills .... EW ... Just when I thought they were gunna make a run at the pats for division title ... Another cake walk it looks like (yawns)

19. if the eagles dont make the playoffs chip kelly will get fired for blowing up this team and shipping out all the stars

20. Randall cobb will not be on the packers again next year..

have fun with your 2 wins in oakland and 1/4 the stats :laughing: