Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Lynch had been mostly silent on the topic -- until Ismail Senol entered the equation.

"To be honest with you, I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I was expecting the ball," Lynch said. "Yes, I was expecting the ball. But in life, these things happen. Like I told a reporter after the game, it's a team sport."

Lynch didn't put the blame on Carroll, though his ensuing explanation left plenty of room for interpretation.

"I had no problem with the decision of the playcalling. I think it was more of a ... how do I say this? When you look at me, and you let me run that ball in ... I am the face of the nation," he said. "You know, MVP of the Super Bowl, that's pretty much the face of the nation at that point of time. I don't know what went into that call. I mean, maybe it was a good thing that I didn't get the ball. I mean, you know, it cost us the Super Bowl. I have full confidence in my teammates to execute that plan because we've done it so many more times. But would I love to had the ball there? Yeah, I would have.

"But the game is over, and I'm in Turkey."

2. Suh not tagged!!! Raiders

[​IMG]

4. Texans finna release WR Andre Johnson if they can't find a suitable trade partner for his services.

Titans cut S Bernard Pollard.
    Steelers cut WR Lance Moore.

Lions re-sign QB Dan Orlovsky for 1yr.

Eagles sign former Packers LB Brad Jones.

Dolphins cut CB Cortland Finnegan.

Non-exclusive franchise tags for Demaryius Thomas of the Donks, Dez Bryant of the Cowboys, JPP of Big Blue, Justin Houston of KC, and Stephen Gostowski of the Pats.

5. Cary Williams cut. No surprise here. Brandon Fletcher soon to follow I'd imagine

6. It's nice that I can have faith in Belichick, because right now it looks like we might lose Revis or DMAC and I have no idea who I would keep, the age curve for corners is steep, Nnamdi was a stud, and fell off a cliff. Revis is going to get paid.

But McCourty isn't the same player if he can't rely on Revis Island.

I love this time of year, PNW weather has been beautiful, spring training is underway, and the NFL hot stove is going to heat up real quick in the next week. Playoff basketball is fun too.

"Revis Island" for anyone whos forgotten...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. #71869 Capt Soydog, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
    Really?

He is obviously one of the best corners in the game that took our d to the next level. You can cherry pick low lights from everyone.

I don't even understand why you do this shit. What value do you get?

Because I'm here for some casual football conversation. Not your childish responses.

Edit: and your two low-light were a crazy catch by the GOAT receiver and McCourty blowing his coverage

9. call me when revis does something important in this decade

10. Won a super bowl, as the leader of an excellent secondary.

11. are we talking about sherman or revis?

12. also to add, i know its a team game, but revis has 1 tackle in the SB and 0 pass defenses.

To put it bluntly, you dont need a good defense to beat seattle. So color me un-impressed.

13. "Do your job. If everybody does their job we win will. "

Revis does him job better than most, and more consistently. The season encompasses much more than just the Super Bowl.

I'm finally leaving for good, thanks for ruining this thread for me.

14. Thanks for cracking that egg of knowledge on me.

Capt. Soydog,

More like Capt. Obvious.

[​IMG]

15. So lesean McCoy is a buffalo bill WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK

16. #71878 budsmoker55, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425426093.205280.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425426056.033837.jpg OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Wooooooooow!!!!!!!!! What a trade..

18. soooo philly is def bringing in a new back then right...... or is sproles getting the #1 spot? lol?