Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Russ will get the money he wants. hes a great QB imo.

Plus he is practically the NFL's posterchild when it comes to "off the field" charity work and stuff like that. Which is a small benefit to any team who has him in their PR department, because of his charity work.

2. if I was St. Louis, Jacksonville, Buffalo, the Jets, Houston, Cleveland, Minnesota, or Washington I would give Russell Wilson a max contract.

3. #67463 llllllllll, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014

Cleveland is gonna stick with Johnny football for now.

Call me and say Johnny Manziel has no football skill when he has a team around him that is actually in it to win it (like some time next season)

The Browns lost all drive to play this season as soon as soon the call to play Manziel went through, in a sense it was the browns management saying, "fuck the 2014 playoffs, we are playing for the future of our franchise for now".

4. I don't think he has no skill. I don't think he has the work ethic or dedication to the game. I don't think he has the maturity to be a leader on and off the field.

5. #67465 Griffijuana, Dec 19, 2014
    I think he doesn't have the skill. He's too small, and too slow to compensate

6. yeah I didn't mean you, I was just speaking about people in general. I saw a lot (more) hate for manziel after last weeks game, which in my opinion only showed that the browns have given up this year, and not that manziel is a bad QB.

I couldn't foresee the browns being interested in Wilson. Atleast not interested enough to drop the cash on him

7. I'm not sure when Wilson is under contract until but things could change a lot before then. Right now though Cleveland definitely won't be bringing in anyone else to start at qb.

It's a moot point anyway because Seattle will retain Wilson.

Dude has a whole team of people in his PR department to tailor his image. Very savvy, but a good chunk of it seems very plastic.

Did you see the game tape of his throws? Stares down his receiver hardcore. Questionable decision-making skills too. Just doesn't look competent imo, got nothing to do with his personality...

9. yeah but those are all things that can be fixed

10. #67470 SaltyWarDog, Dec 19, 2014
    we believe in victory. in a close one, jags wins

11. Does anyone else think jameis Winston will be a better qb than mariotta? Winston is more of a pocket Passing threat than mariotta... Yeah mariotta is better off the field and had only 2 picks all season compared to jameis' off year.. But Winston is way bigger probably more durable and mariotta might be the next rg3 if u kno what I mean

12. Jameis turns it over too much

13. Hope they dont do what they did to Kaepernick. Wilson is not a rodgers

14. DE Cliff Avril signed to 4year contract with seahawks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forumlll

The 9ers have a great contract with Kaepernick.  Not only does it contain a clause which permits SF to lower his payments unless he does special things in that season, but he can also be cut at any time.. Like a burner cell phone, pay as you go.  He has the ability to make an "extra" 2 million each year that he can take SF to the superbowl, or named in 1st or 2nd team all pro.

He seems like he is in a very disposable position in SF.  Wilson isn't arod but what quarterback in a signable position is as promising as arod right now. Gotta take what you can get and russell wilson is good enough for the seahawks

16. Can't wait for Thursday night football on a Saturday at 2 in the afternoon.

'Too blessed to be stressed'

17. I completely agree about Kaepernick contract. I think a change in program for kaep is what he needs. He needs to be a pistil type guy who challenges the d with his legs first, along with a strong run game. All these attributes are also in Wilson to a extent. I think Wilson is more accurate for sure, but not a drop back and carry the team kind of passer on a weekly basis. If Wilson was in sf offense right now which is struggling running the ball I would guess he (wilson) would be struggling too. The both of them are very inconsistent at passing still.

18. I can't put too much of the blame of Kaep...they are trying to make him more of a pocket passer which is going to take some time to learn and the offensive line isn't as strong as what it was past few years. They aren't doing a good job blocking for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Eagles gotta win or they donesies. 

20. As a Seahawks fan I'd like to see them lose. :p

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum