Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Small guys can easily take down big guys. But you still have to take height into consideration regardless

'Too blessed to be stressed'

2. More bad influences in the city of Detroit than a football team's head coach?

You don't say...

Nah im joking I know what you meant.

3. #66824 James Ryan, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
  4. I'm enjoying these Seahawk interviews lmao.

Don't really care for them(except a few players), but I wish more players would stand up to the nfl's bullshit.

5. #66826 SaltyWarDog, Nov 26, 2014
  6. #66827 Luvs2splooj, Nov 26, 2014
    Because it's cheap and takes no talent? The play I was talking about wasn't even a P.I, their feet just got tangled up. If it weren't for offsetting penalties it would of been a free 30-40 yard play for absolutely no reason.

Also, Shermans such a poser.

7. Man oh man, Thursday is gonna be so awesome!

8. Fuck yes, love lynchs attitude toward media, love the baldwin cutout with sherman.. so much win on the seahawks media game haha

9. So you couldnt care less that the Flacco to Torrey Smith combination is leading the league in drawing the pass interference flag?

10. #66831 Luvs2splooj, Nov 26, 2014
    Of course they are, it's 50% of their gameplan.

I think the pass interference call in general is bullshit. When it's called on a 15-20+ yard pass that's a HUGE amount of free yards for a ball that wasn't even guaranteed to be caught. Every other penalty is no further than 15 yards(and that's the worst kind, personal foul), and a P.I can be as long as the pass is. IDK what a good solution would be because without it defenders would feel a bit safer interfering, but they can be game changing. It'd be one thing if it were black and white, but I've seen so many BS P.I calls lately.

11. Part of their game plan is to stretch the field with their talented wrs off Flaccos deep ball. They draw a lot of flags because the Smiths are one of the better duos in the league , and Flacco throws the deep ball better than most.

As for the penalty itself, it makes complete sense to me. They simply need to do a better job of calling it

12. Part of their game plan is to stretch the field with their talented wrs off Flaccos deep ball. They draw a lot of flags because the Smiths are one of the better duos in the league , and Flacco throws the deep ball better than most.

As for the penalty itself, the yardage, it makes complete sense.

13. IMO they should give 1 penalty review a half or something. Make it just for a handful of calls, idc, I'm just tired of seeing awful calls.

14. Even with a review it's near impossible to tell the difference between the player falling on his own and getting interfered with, sometimes.

I feel like a lot of bullshit PI calls come from the reciever diving for the ball and not catching it. If the corner does so much as poke the reciever right before he dives under his own will to catch the ball, PI will be called. I don't like it but like I said sometimes it's near impossible to tell the difference and I wouldn't want to be the one making those calls.

15. I'm more concerned with the roughing the passer, helmet to helmet hit penalties. Those should be able to be reviewed.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

16. When wr are 5'9" and 160lbs soak and wet, everything is a foul. Nfl is turning into a track meet

17. It's changing from a brute game to.. Something else.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's gunna be a bad final solution just.. A different one.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forumlll

18. Yeah some people like watching golf and tennis too

19. And A LOT of people like baseball. :rolleyes: