Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. #65881 *guest, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    For anyone interested; The League cast on who their favorite team is

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1X25HECYxk[/media]

"I'm a Cowboys fan and I fuckin hate em" 

• Like Like x 1
  2. I loved when Mark Duplass burned the hell out of his wife and did a victory lap

• Like Like x 2
  3. #65883 BYOweed, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
    Definitely, and don't leave out Rivers, he's been playing great as well.

4. Idk if you've watched Percy Harvin at all this year, but just having that man on the field opens up so many opportunities. He had THREE tds called back week 5.
    If you're looking at the numbers it might be a questionable decision, but if you watch the two players side by side you would be an idiot not to choose Harvin. In my opinion he's one of the top 5 most exciting and explosive players in the league.

I do 100% agree that the jets will find some way to fuck it up though lol

Luck has better numbers right now

• Like Like x 3
  6. #65887 Royal Vengeance, Oct 23, 2014
    Talking about Best QB shit people always forget the quiet sneaky one..

Phillip rivers. that dude has been playing out of his fucking mind the last two years.

I'd see the heavy competition being Peyton, Rivers, and Rodgers.

Lucks.. Almost their. Another year and he'll just be unstoppable. Wouldn't be suprised if Luck retires the best QB to ever play the game. But right now there's some crazy stiff competition.

• Like Like x 3
  7. #65888 BYOweed, Oct 23, 2014
    You mean more passing yards? He's also had 60+ more attempts, and a slightly worse comp. % if I remember correctly.

Total qbr, Manning is on top, and Rivers isn't too far behind. Also wouldn't count out Rodgers like the above stated. Of course Luck is in the race, he'd be my number 1 pick honestly. ( to build a team around)

There are handful of qbs playing superb this year, it'll be interesting to see how their seasons play out.

Edit-
    Make that 85 more attempts than peyton

• Like Like x 3
    Rodgers is good, yeah. But the question was between Luck and Manning. Luck has more yards and TDs I believe.

9. GIF is unrelated
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. #65891 BYOweed, Oct 23, 2014
    Again.. with 85 more attempts.

And both have 19 tds. If denver was passing as frequently as the colts, mannings projected numbers would surpass luck.

4 less interceptions, 3 less sacks, and he has the best pocket passer rating in the league.. rivers being the only one who's even close.

Plus, everyone is on the Peyton band wagon after he broke the td record.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I would say Luck is the only one in the league now who could potentially break the record.  Rodgers is great but he spent a few years behind Brett Favre, and its gonna take a long career of amazing stats to beat out Peyton and i just dont think Rodgers will play long enough to get the record....Luck might, but only time will tell, we'll see how hes looking in ten years

• Like Like x 1
  12. IDK man i Think its possible for rodgers, but only if he plays enough at the end of his career because of those first 3 years where he didn't do anything.  He also only had 17 TD's last year because of the injury for so long.  

The thing is though if you look at the TD #'s for the years he was playing he is getting more TD's on average than peyton does in his starting years.  

I think its possible but he will really have to milk his career time

13. Rodgers has 18 TD 1 INT that is ridiculous TD:INT ratio. Brady has 13 TD 1 INT. Manning 19 TD 3 INT Rivers 17 TD 3 INT

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Yeah, everyone jumped on the bandwagon ...in 2014 ... 16 years after he entered the league...

I'm a Manning fan but Luck shouldn;t be vilified because he has more passing attempts. Manning has thrown many balls in his career.

15. If Rodgers could get a good offensive line to defend him, then  he could surpass many records.But until then he is just going to have to play hard and get sacked haha.  Also the only interception he got this year was off Nelsons hands or helmet(i forget) so it wasn't Rodgers fault.  

• Like Like x 1
  16. In 2010 Brady did not throw an interception on any of his last 335 pass attempts to close the season. He threw for 26 touchdowns during that streak. It started in the 6th game of the season.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I thought we were talking about the current season?

There's nothing wrong with putting the ball in Luck's hands that often, I'd be doing the same thing. I'm just stating why he has so many more passing yards. But just because he has more passing yards doesn't mean he's a better overall quarterback so far into this season.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #65899 PAToke775, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014

Meh, he has the ability to be one of the more explosive players in the league, but production is what matters and so far this year he's done next to nothing.

And he obviously isn't the most liked guy in the locker room.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #65900 PAToke775, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014

Nobody is vilifying Luck when they say he has more passing yards because he has more pass attempts. That's obviously a big part of it.

• Like Like x 2