Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Gotta love stories like this comin out of the NFL with all the other shit goin on :rolleyes: , once again the seahawks do the right thing for an injured player (possibly career ending). Instead of giving him an injury settlement they gave him an IR spot (that gives him more money then the settlement would) and are starting to train him to become a special teams coach instead if his career is actually over.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cam Newton or other running QB's will never have chance to become elite as their durability will never reach to 20% of a pocket passer. This league will never let runing QB's demonate them for long period. Similar to RB's playing career , running QB's will go quickly.

3. I'm going to throw this out there... Husain Abdullah was not fucking penalized for being a muslim last night and there isn't a fucking religious indifference here... that's just how the rules work. Sure, they will probably need to be tweaked to either disallow all forms of prayer or to allow all forms of prayer.. but [​IMG]

was penalized..

like, i get it.. all for fairness and equality.. but it's like the media is retarded or something... everything has to be a war with them

4. The NFL has come out and said the refs were wrong to penalize Abdullah.

-(Tim)-
    Upsidedown Mountains

5. You can commit domestic violence, but you can't celebrate a touchdown. #NFL

6. Actually after seeing that Cousins is going against the Seahawks this week... I might have to take back what I said lol

Sent from my~★☆Continuum Transfunctioner☆★

7. Elite is top 5. You honestly believe he is a better QB right now than Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Luck, or Rivers? Because the stats say he's not even top 15. And he certainly didn't pass the eye test last night.

8. #65128 J.Raptor, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    I iddn't know elite had a number requirement :confused_2:

better? certainly isn't playing like it but you implied that it was permanent which I just don't believe a month into the season.

plays like this for the full season then I'm on board with you but after 4 games? nah i'm not going to crucify him for not having any gifted receivers outside of two slot guys and an obviously not 100% gronk. Lafell is like wr3 on most teams in the league but we'll see if that changes and not to mention his usually above average line is about as porous and strong as a wet napkin atm and they had to go up against Hali, Poe, and Houston...that's scary for any QB not to mention one that hasnt been getting his usual protection

9. I know this nullifies any other opinion I post but..

I think goofy bastard Eli is elite.

No one else knows right now though :p

10. they would eat up EJ even worse. still a good move IMO.

11. And last season? He was like the 14th best QB for the entirety of last season and it's carrying into this season.

But yes, the word elite implies that you are among the best at your position, which he hasn't been since last year. I'm not saying he's awful and needs to retire, but he is certainly no longer among the best.

12. #65132 Deleted member 795475, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    It doesn't take a long career to become elite though... Just because a Kaepernick or Newton wont last as long as a Favre, that doesn't mean they can't be "elite". Just a different kind of elite. A second year QB could be elite, regardless of his play style. 

13. I hate Pats and Brady as much as anyone here, but to say the guy is no longer elite might be a stretch.  We're a quarter of the way into the season, and he's struggled as have the Pats in general... It's going to take much more for me to completely count out Brady though.  As of right now, he isn't playing like an elite QB.  That much is true.  Can Brady no longer be considered elite? That has yet to be fully determined as far as I'm concerned.

14. Brady was never elite.

Just sayin. He's a system baby.

• Like Like x 1
  15. An elite QB to me.. Is someone who makes an average team look exceptional.

I truly don't believe Brady would've prospered in any other system than with bill belichik and the patriots teams ability to surround him with all stars almost every season of his career

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's not just 4 games. He was a top 12-15 QB last season.

I think it's pretty clear he can't carry the team on his back anymore.

And there have been years where he didn't have much in terms of weapons and still put up gaudy numbers. The guy is just getting old.

17. he has played the majority of his career without great weapons actually. randy moss is the only real elite target he's ever had. you can count gronk if you want but he's often injured.

most people that watch the NFL would agree to this too, i dont think ive ever heard anyone say Brady has always had all stars to work with almost every season. thats just not true bro. nigga was throwing the ball to troy brown, deon branch and david patten in his hay day lol. not all stars at all.

• Like Like x 3
    Brady had some great defenses when he won those Super Bowls. Better than Peyton ever had...

19. thats nice but the post i quoted clearly is talking about the offensive system and offensive weapons he's had around him. we're not talking about defense.