Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. JUST CAUSE YOUR ON ESPN DOESNT MAKE YOU A FUCKING SPORTS GURU ..

It sickens me how everyone on espn whether it be an anchor on sc or people with their own show .. they all swear they know everything about every major sport . But yet all they do I'd regurgitate the same shit every other show talks about DAILY .. makes me fucking sick .. sorry bout the rant but espn correspondence are full of shit

2. Well damn, that was a close game 

3. Anyone in a FF league who is playing against someone with Jullo... ha ha ha. Sucks to be you

All sportscasters are self-important assholes. They take their jobs so seriously, but it's just a game. That's why they call them "games," cuz that's all they are. Completely irrelevant to real life. They're entertainment; an escape from reality.

The talking heads aren't any better at picking games than a coin toss. Oh sure they have memorized every fucking statistic for every player going back years, like it matters. They're the big experts but they don't know shit about who's going to win any given game. Of course, they have a 50-50 chance of calling it right, just like you, me, or anyone else.

Haha, America's version of the Roman Empire's "Bread and Circuses."

5. There's only a few people I do like ..

I like Colin cowherd even tho he's a douche bag tho he covers real shit like sports betting and the whole wiseguy and shit like that .. 90% are fuckin tools especially the girl Michelle Beadle she's only popular cuz she's someone cute but she's a fuckin idiot

6. Congrats devin hester, and its only right he did it w/ the Falcons and since he's Primetimes protegee basically & the fact that he said he wasnt happy with his last couple years in chicago

7. Need some help making a decision on what Jersey......

Do I go with the guy who will be around for a while, julio jones. Orrrr Steven Jackson. Just because I go by Jack and one of my nicknames is Jackson, and I could get it on a jersey without feeling like a douche

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Julio all day errday

'Too blessed to be stressed'

9. Haha thanks, that was all I needed lol. My fantasy football team avatar is this for Pete sakes lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

10. I just looked through all the posts during the game and it seemed like people enjoyed watching us rape the bucs which I find hilarious. I have Ryan in one league and Julio in the other so that's awesome too

9/10.. would bone

How do you know another WR might not put up that much? It's only Friday...

13. I got smoked. He had Matt Ryan to and the kicker for the falcons. He had 3 guys play and put up 75 points. I am fucked again this weeks.

14. my opponent had Julio Jones so hes already beating me by 28 points! 

15. I am expecting a good game by Ravens against Browns and a 10+ victory. Jimmy Smith with an Interception

16. Wished the niners got him. They were making a push for him when he was a FA

17. #64637 MrRaider, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    Fuck Hester and prime time doucebags
    If i ever see Deon I'm punching that punk
    bat mobile

18. #64638 1bakedpotato, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    Man I love my Packers but damn it's kinda tough to have confidence after the first two weeks. I forsee a ton of shoot outs kind of like last week and that's a little scary. Hopefully guys like Micah Hyde and Clinton-Dix back there in the secondary show some growth this year, bend but don't break and make the big plays when they're needed have been what hold the team above water. I hope to see the offense grow a little bit though they've taken a step back. Lacy can be a stud runner and James Starks is a solid RB2 but MM has been trying to run the ball maybe a little to much.. when you have guys like Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb, and Jordy Nelson you have to let those guys make their plays when the o-line can hold up.

Also, through the first two games it seems like the packers are trying to get Matthews involved more in pass defense... freeing up the QBs to stand in the pocket longer then you'd like to see. I was really hoping when they picked up peppers that they would unleash the beasts on both ends and bring good pass rush along the outsides. 

My thoughts.. my thoughts... Go Pack Go!!

The next three weeks are huge, divisional stretch.. Lions Vikes and Bears.

Uhhhh.. Its not like its an impossible situation to win in (being against someone who puts up 38, on thursday with just 1 player)

but its hard as fuck to come back from something like that. Guy in my league is already down 28 points on this guy who has julio. and they both have only played 1 player so far

Your point? I'm down 61 cause guy had Ryan and Julio ...but his other players are Eric Ebron and other not-so-good guys. I definitely have a chance still...