Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. #63161 chux, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    There's been award winning players who go entirely undrafted. Most of his production came against weak opponents in a 4 week span. Not saying him being gay didn't make him slip a bit, because it did. Some teams don't want that attention.

2. Thats it, my bad, i dont pay much attention to the AFC tbh. GB doesnt play until next Saturday, and lets be honest, thats all that matters ;)

I was happy to see Fred Jackson get a 1 year extension though, one of my favorite players with his humble iowa roots. Although CJ will probably get the majority of the workload, its nice that Fred will get to finish his career with the team that gave him a chance.

3. i love fred, he is a class act and a true example of persistence. and still going strong at the age of 33 :smoke:

4. So, definitely not drafting Spiller anytime early in fantasy this season.

5. why not?

6. Because he vultures majority of Spillers carries.

7. I'd take him late second or early third. Fred Jackson is going to fall to pieces eventually and Bryce brown doesn't scare me at all

8. I kept waiting for Fred to fall apart last season and Spiller to start going off, but it never happened. Granted Spiller was dealing with injuries all season, even when he was healthy he was underwhelming. I wouldn't use my late second on him, but after that maybe, depending on need and how the board fell.

9. if spiller is healthy (he was banged up all last year), he can easily get 1,200 rushing yards with another 400 - 600 receiving yards.... dude is still worth a high pick.

and for the guy saying bryce brown doesnt scare you....probably not gonna happen this year due to him being 3rd on the depth chart but the dude will break out and be a good player down the road. he has been productive in limited opportunities in philly and he's looked great in training camp so far this year. he will either replace spiller if we cant re-sign him after this year or he will replace fred jackson when he is ready to retire.

10. Glen Dorsey out fir season 49 NT

bat mobile

11. Oh I know that Bryce brown is a pretty good player. He showed in Philly in 2012 minus his fumble troubles. I'm just saying if Fred Jackson goes down I wouldn't be too worried that Bryce brown takes a lot of spillers carries

12. #63172 Kooz, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
    Is there anywhere I can check up on the big transaction and trades from this offseason ? I just want to refresh my memory before start of season and such .. like MJD to raiders Shaub to raiders .. sproles and Sanchez to eagles shit like that

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Getting really worried. Not even into a single pre season game, already injuries:

Hunter out for season..torn ACL
    Crabtree and Lloyd out 1-2 weeks...
    Dorsey out for season

I mean we have depth, but geez!!!!

I'm happy Bryce Brown is gone. just sayin

15. im glad you are. fumbling problems can be solved pretty easily with proper coaching though. he is big and fast and has averaged 4.6 ypc in his career. i will take that. oh, and he didnt even have any fumbles last season.

16. football is officially back! lets go buffalo, and no major injuries please!

17. Game on !

Also when I first saw Bryce brown he seemed like a mini shady .. so he has potential

18. #63178 HT, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014

Im not really focusing in on that stat. more of just the fact that he didnt take a step foward last season. he did more in his rookie season even with the fumble issue. Being a homerun type a runner his first season I thought he could have had more success in Chips Kellys offense than he did.

the other reason I say Im glad hes gone is that Darren Sproles is the new backup, which is obviously an upgrade.

19. Ya I'm hype the season has started but I hate preseason .. lol .. did sammy Watkins play ?

puttin coe college on the map, just down the street! 151