Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. NHL Goaltender for the Colorado Avalanche.

What you guys think about my Chiefs? I feel like De'Anthony Thomas is a real upgrade over Dexter McCluster.

2. Yeah, he knocked her out.

3. I don't know a lot about the chiefs offseason, but I don't know if they can overcome the losses on the Oline. But then again I don't really know who the replacements for them are

4. The goaltender for the Colorado Avalanche. He allegedly told his girlfriend after beating her that she was lucky they weren't still in Russia...

5. #63125 1bakedpotato, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

11m dollars richer today

6. Cecil Shorts is out with a hamstring injury, was really hoping he would be a fantasy contributer on my roster.

7. Not his fault. His hip was injured and that o-line was very bad.

8. Well deserved for Jordy!!!

9. #63130 420 Spawn, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
    As a Jets fan, I love all the smack their talking (especially on defense). That's how the team was in 09/10 and that's when the defense was downright nasty ( though we had Revis playing at an all time great level for a Corner) Now the pressure is on to get the job done. The beginning of the schedule is pretty brutal.

10. Haven't they been talking shit for years now? Maybe they should start proving themselves first.

11. They've toned it down big time the last 2 years, Rex especially. The defense is always legit. It's the fact that they never have any offensive help that hurts them.

In 2012 the offense couldn't have been any worse. But they were still in the playoff hunt relatively late in the season. Last year, the offense sucked also, Geno was the worst QB in the league, and they missed the playoffs by a game. This year, on paper, at least, both units should be improved. It's the brutal start of the schedule that concerns me.

12. At least Rex isn't guaranteeing Super Bowls anymore. That's a start

13. That annoyed even Jets fans. It's so hard to win a Super Bowl, and there's so much luck involved as well. To guarantee one was pretty dumb.

14. #63135 Deleted member 506764, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    It wasn't dumb when Namath did it.

But they had already made it there when he said that...

15. Yeah, that was a little different.

Say what you want, but he was a hell of a player in college, might be in the nfl. Before he came out I saw midseason projections on espn that had him at around pick 20 in the first round. I was actually frustrated that he came out before the draft, was one of my favorite college players last year. 

17. #63138 El Duderino, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    just watching some morning news here in Texas, and i see that the Raiders may be coming to Texas next year... whats up with that? first Toyota headquarters leaves Cali for Texas,... whats going on? does this mean California wont have an NFL team?

18. No way are they going to Texas. Doubt they are leaving Oakland for LA next year...but they will definitely not leave for Texas.

19. #63140 chux, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    Michael Sam? He's nothing special. Too small, too slow, too stiff. He went late because he isn't a very enticing prospect, not because he's gay.