Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

GREAT game... Season opener GB gets to go to the defending superbowl champions 12th man arena.

2. Yeah I can't wait to see that game.

3. The Browns are gonna win the Super Bowl this year.

4. Matthews and Peppers are going to be scary good,

Sent from my SM-T217S using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Mathews probably but Peppers is done. If he gets 8 sacks I'll be totally surprised

bat mobile

6. #62326 -13 Amp-, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    I remember Peppers great days when he was a Panther...he could comepletely take over games...but would go missing in games more than he'd take them over...he hasn't been that monster he was in carolina since he's been with the bears...

I always said he had all the talent in the world but never had the heart or drive of say a jarred allen or strahan...a joke among panther fans back then was the nickname given to peppers, "tinman" kuz he had no heart

His best days are behind him but he can still have some good games...i wish him the best though, he left in a bad situation but I've always been a peppers fan too (panthers fan)

7. The falcons met with Jeremy Hill. Hopefully that means Scott Pioli has convinced dimitroff to lose his stupid "filter" for so called character risks. I really hope so, because somewhere on his way down to Atlanta Dimitroff forgot what the patriot way was. Hopefully Pioli can remind him what exactly that is. So not trading up and passing on guys with baggage.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

8. #62328 SiberianShepherd, Apr 24, 2014
    Peppers is pretty consistent actually. The years he had less sacks were also the years he didn't start in a few games. I think GB got a good player(at least for a couple years more) for cheap(3.5 mill) for the first year. 

EDIT: and to be honest as a GB fan we need all we can get to help our defense. Mattews and Sitton can't do it all. We need a better safety too.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeppJu99.htm

9. If Julius Peppers is the tin man does that make Tony Romo the scarecrow?

10. #62330 1bakedpotato, Apr 24, 2014

first off, Josh Sitton? the OLine guy?

I love the pick up and I'm not expecting the guy that used to play in Carolina with his hand in the ground to show up on Sundays this year. But I do expect attention to go his way, and it won't ALL be on Matthews. Maybe it opens up the door for guys like Mike Neal, Datone Jones, Nick Perry, and even AJ hawk. Last year Hawk had some pretty good sacks on blitzes right down the middle when both ends were doubled.

Safety is the biggest concern for this squad right now. I fully expect them to address it in the draft.. again. Morgan Burnett isn't the greatest pass defender and Davon House gets lost all the time. 

Remember the last FA picked up in the later part of his career? How did that one work out for us?

[​IMG]

11. He's still a guard so he deserves a mention.  I guess i should have worded it differently.
    Do you think GB will trade up for a first round pick? I am hoping so. We need a safety desperately.

But anyway Green Bays year this time.  :bongin:

12. I really didn't know there was this many GB fans in this thread, Either that or a lot of you guys came in here this year or this is your first year on these forums !

In other words tho its great to see all you Green Bay fans :smoke: , I been a fan since around 1996, Brett Favre was the man lol

13. #62333 SiberianShepherd, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    I've been a fan since I was 7(i am 20 now) I originally liked them because neon green was my favorite color(they were the closest in color) And over the years I actually learned about them haha. I pick 1 NFC and 1 AFC team in hopes they meet in the superbowl and that's already happened for me GB vs the Steelers. 

EDIT: but good call I am new only been on the forums for a month.

14. Ya man I don't really remember what made me start liking them I'm 22 liked them since I was 6 . I also do the 1 team in the NFC and 1 team in the AFC my team in the AFC is the Jets lol

15. I like the packers but I hate the Jets and Steelers.

16. I used to always be a packers fan as my second team when i was little but then I realized I was actually only a Brett Favre fan. I hate the packers now.

17. #62337 SiberianShepherd, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    I can't believe he is coaching high school football now lol

18. I used to like Favre but now I just think he's a total douche.

19. I always wonder what could have been if we never traded Favre. In his Atlanta career he was 0/4 with 2 picks haha

20. Packers dont need much production from Julius, he'll always be seen as a scary threat on the edge all season long.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Grasscity Forum mobile app