Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. I don't have huge hopes for Ravens this year but i bet they will be one of the interesting teams to watch.

If Ozy can work his magic on draft and chemistry works , we may find ourself in another interesting Playoff run

2. They definitely have the ability to make the playoffs but it will be tough for them to win especially since they'd almost certainly be playing games on the road.

3. Might just struggle until they get out from under flacco deal. Free up some money and get some help

bat mobile

4. Exactly!

5. Looks like the hawks/Sidney rice contract was for somewhere around 1.4 mil (apparently less than he was offered by the jets??) which would be a great steal for us if he can stay healthy

6. Pryor to the Seahawks for a 7th rounder.

Good pickup for them IMO.
    Wish the Niners would've picked him up tho

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Don't see why the seahawks need a 4rd qb unless they don't really trust tjax or bj Daniels to be a backup...

Pryor is a younger, better version of T-Jack, imo.

9. Yeah but Jackson has years of knowledge of the way the hawks play where Pryor has none. I'm guessing Pryor is fightin bj for 3rd string this year and slowly working his way up to backup Wilson in 2-3 years or to be traded for a 3-4 round pick after he gets some quality coaching and mentoring in the seahawks locker room to improve his skills/worth.

10. Why do teams trade away potentially good players for shitty 5th-7th round picks n shit like that ..? I'm not saying Pryor is no Brady, or any other late round QB or speedy QB coming out of hte draft, dont really feel like looking but im pretty sure he came out either same year as russell wilson or a year later, but is like 3 years younger ..

Pryor is probably actually faster than Wilson, but Wilson is a rock and has a strong arm 95 MPH fast ball type arm.. He might have a 5-600 yard rushing season this year , but Pryor might not even get to play in the reg season. He's just a back up .. fighting for 2nd string with Tarvaris Jackson haha 

I like Pryor tho , he had some good flashes and great quarters but concussions hurt him, I don't know how to fix not getting concussions but maybe he just needs to not run face/helmet first and bulk up a bit be more sturdy/rock solid and lower center of gravity like wilson , he will teach pryor

11. Pryor has some good speed, maybe we can convince him to be a wr? :laughing:

12. Pryor was a third rounder in the supplemental draft. He came out at least a year before Wilson but maybe two or three.

The reason players get dumped for late rounders is that they become no longer a part of the team's plan for the future so the team tries to cut losses and get what they can for the guy. If they didn't get the pick from Seattle the raiders would've just let him go. A 7th rounder might not seem like much now but you never know how the player taken with that pick will end up working out in the league. Also any picks you pick up could be part of a package you put together to trade up in the draft to get a guy you really need/want.

13. ready for the schedules to come out tomorrow night... i'm loving Green bay home games this year: jets,pats,eagles,panthers,falcons 

14. free up cap space as well

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Super Bowl XLIX predictions? I'll start. Green Bay Packers vs Denver Broncos! Go Pack Go!

16. New England Patriots over Green Bay Packers

17. Green Bay has it this year. Hell with half the team missing last year we got to the playoffs lol. Matthews/Peppers combo FTW 

18. The peppers signing is being pretty overhyped IMO

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum