The Official College Football thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Deutschbag, Aug 29, 2008.

1. SEC has 5 teams in the top 10.. there was never any doubt about the only real conference in college football, but there it is in numbers

2. Go USC! w00t!

3. Bah, rankings don't mean jack. Georgia should have lost to South Carolina and Auburn put up a whopping 3 points against Miss St. in a win.

There's no doubt that the SEC is the best conference in college football (for now) but it's not because a bunch of ignoramus pollsters say so... remember these are the same guys who had Ohio State at no. 1 to start the season and put USF at no. 2 last year after they lucked out against WVU. Ohio State at no. 1 and USF at 2?! lmao

These polls are just masturbation... it's a good thing that none of them count till week 8.

4. umm USF won on the road at one of the best SEC teams last season and you wonder why they were #2

5. yeah dude gotta agree here USF actually has wins over legitimate teams unlike your noles who just beat up helpless cupcakes..we'll see how good they really are when Wake comes to town...but face it the ACC is down

6. #26 Perpetual Burn, Sep 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2008

Yeah, and then they lost to the Rutgers, UConn, and Cincinatti proving they in no way shape or form deserved to be the no. 2 team in the country. Or did you forget about that? ;) Plus, they got killed by Oregon in the Sun Bowl.

Let me reiterate, USF is nowhere near being a top two team... get over it.

WOW! Three wins ever against ranked opponents... ALL HAIL USF FOOTBALL! :rolleyes: Give me a call after USF wins their second National Championship and I'll consider putting them in a category with FSU.

At least my Noles didn't lose to Notre Dame. :p

7. i'm talking about this season man...last season they were way inconsistent but I think they might get it done this season

as for rippin on michigan....new coach, new system with players not recruited for that system..Give Rich Rod a year or two, he will bring us back to the top...oh wait, we already have the most wins in CF...

8. MSU is going to destroy Notre Dame this weekend!!!! 9 point favorites? Should be 19!!

And Michigan is going to get destroyed by the Badgers! I cannot wait for Saturday!!

9. Nebraska Huskers FTW!!

10. How 'bout them Buffs? Beatin' up on hte mighty Mountaineers like that. I think we should move them to #2. Forget Oklahoma... all they do is beat up on cupcakes like Chattanooga. ;)

Should be a good game in Jacksonville... FSU vs. Colorado.

11. FSU is better than last year
    but thats not saying a whole lot

Florida's still gonna scrape em
    so:wave:

12. #32 Perpetual Burn, Sep 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2008
    Well, I dunno about that now...

we sucked tonight. Turnovers and penalties. We killed ourselves. Seven turnovers including five interceptions and 139 yards in penalties. Our defense played great and Wake Forest tried to give us the game... but our offense wanted no part in winning. It's like Wake said, "Here, just score one touchdown and you win." But our quarterbacks just replied, "No, you have the ball." I've never watched a more undisciplined display of offense in my life... and I've been watching FSU all my life.

I don't know what to think about the Noles now. We did what we were supposed to the first two games but didn't play even remotely up to our potential tonight, except on D. Oh well, I suppose solace can be found in the fact that we still had 22 players suspended including eight starters; they'll all be back next week so hopefully we can take care of Colorado... but I'm not at all confident. I might just end up watching that one on TV now.

Oh, and to top it off: I lost my wallet tonight. Either it fell out or some doucher picked my pocket. I am borderline depressed right now...

13. Okay, last year, Oregon loses its number one, number two, number three, and number four quarterback. This year, we've lost our number one, number two, and number three quarterback (number two and number three will be back next week though, but we lost today without them). I know, "no excuses", but are you fucking kidding?

14. Geaux Tigers.

15. Gators beat the shit out of Tenn lass nite

it was great

16. true, but SEC games can be huge defensive struggles at times.

You don't have to tell me why the SEC is the best, as a long-time season ticket holder for the University of Alabama until a few years ago, I've seen it first hand. The SEC is number one primarily due to one factor: speed.

Speed on all sides of the ball, we're faster offensively and defensively moving to the ball. Added to that the fact that the teams in the SEC play against this kind of speed, week in and out. Yeah, it's true that we beat up on each other.. but look out for whatever team emerges as SEC champ. For the past 2 years we've seen the best of the big 10 (and supposedly in the nation) unable to even compete against SEC teams because they appear to be moving in slow motion compared to the guys on the other side.

Everybody should start drinking the Nick Saban kool-aid right about now, The tide has got a big game coming up this saturday against georgia in another epic SEC clash. My friends up here bitch about an SEC bias, but the conference consistantly proves themselves to be

17. Not looking good for my mountaineers:( there is always next year when our defense stops playing like a bunch of preschoolers with down syndrome