All About Lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jcj77d, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

What smokesara is saying is, Mars Hydro II, or as I just did, 2 Mars "1" 300w LEDs for a really good price I'm sure [​IMG]

Check out my Album and grow log threads. I have a 2x4x6 grow rack, actually 2 of them. 1 is a nursery with CFLs + a 180w LED. The other is my flower rack, with the 2 Mars 300w, and an Apollo 240w LED. So, you'll have plenty of room!

3. #303 chemeke1130, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    Anyone have any experience with the clw solar flare 220w full cycles. I purchased two of these unites and a 3x3. Wanted some individuals with experience on these systems to possibly tell me how they worked out for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. subbed in, learn more knowledge here, thank you.[​IMG]

5. a few 23watt cfls will do good in there. bit small for LEDs, or HID imo.

Chef.

6. Hi, so I have a GrowLab 40 (1'4" x 1'4" x 3'11") on the way because I am only growing one plant ATM (my first).  So I was planning on getting an Apollo UFO LED to put in there, but I am hearing so many conflicting stories about LEDs working amazingly and thenothers saying they are crap. 
    \nIf LEDs are manufactured to have the specific bands of light in the Red and Blue ranges that weed needs, why would they not work so well?  I understand 1-3-5w makes a difference on the light's effectiveness over distances, but as long as I make sure I am good on that end, should LEDs work fine?
    \nI don't care if I have to mix some bulbs to get a good set up, I just want some good information on how I should set up my lighting for this small grow.
    \nThanks in advance.

7. Hi, how many grows do people do with their cfl`s before changing them, thanks.

8. Check out the Mars Hydro thread in the lighting section. So many people have them, myself included and they are excellent.
    If you want to check out the site it's mars-hydro.com

9. I'm hated on here by the Mars guys because I smashed a Mars light on youtube and posted it in the Mars family thread and they went nuts. The only reason I smashed it is because I make my own lights now and the panel had diodes burn out Mars did send me diodes to fix it but when I found another panel with burnt out diodes I choose to fix the one that only had 1 doide out and smashed the one that had 4 out. Don't get me wrong they were willing to fix it and told me to send it to their repair center but the panel weighs 26.45lbs and I would have had to go and spend more money just to get it fixed and doesn't guarantee that the other diodes would follow no thanks. I have 2 Mars II 1600's just sitting now waiting to get sold.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Awesome link, thankyou

11. Ill send u 100$ for em

12. While a bit more expensive at first, it would be cheaper in the long run to go with the newer 60W arrays like these:
    http://www.taiwanecoled.com/
    They have a veg-intensive (more blue spectrum) and red-intensive (more red) for flowering.
    They also have good heatsinks to dissipate heat and I've seen them in action.

13. #313 LEDgrowman, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
    I would rec a optic 120 watt vero18 3k for straight flower or 4k for full cycle. Save 10% HIGHYIELD Hope I could help. Good luck!

14. Whats ya veggin with these days styles? wonderin if those mars units work good for veg?[​IMG]! Peace bro!

15. #315 LEDgrowman, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    Hey! That looks like mine! I got one those Heavenbright.com Model V6 186watt ultra high effieciency vero based grow light 3000K all way around and its blowin my buds up!. (3wks) 12/12 over 2 H.S.O Ewe-2 Kush , and (5wks) 12/12 with 120watt and 200 watt opics Tangie Left(120) CottonCandyCane Right(200). Either ,Or HeavenBright and Opticgrowlights are the best options for the indoor horticultural lighting. I would buy one of each? They pay for themselves after 1st run.

Attached Files:

16. Had an idea. Rare, but there you have it. I'm trying out different plans to make the best of large, twin 2000 ft2 footprint greenhouses. Versus wrap-around panels to provide auxiliary lateral LED illumination to a crop growing in large volume high-brix medium, has anyone seen a high end, (aka BML Spydr) spherical mirrorball construction to provide the same effect, but emanating from the center? The growing trees wrap around the geodesic LED versus the other way around.

17. I'm gun shy after burning my girls early on as rooted clones and have kept the light high ever since.

Now that I am starting week 6 of veg, just how close can I safely put a 600w HPS to the girls?

The hood is cooled etc. You can look at the journal in my sig if you need to see it before answering.

I feel like I am so far away i'm wasting light due to the inverse square law, however I don't want to burn them again.

18. Flower run update with 120 and 200 optic vero29 and Osrams factory built ZelionHL 3x2 unit. Moxie LemonOg under the Osram and moxie snake venom under 200 and DNA white alien is under the 120. cycle started yesterday. Can check my video updates on LED grow lights youtube channel for panel testing w/review.3500K white light is best bang for the buck,but if you want the best? Osram OSLON SSL80 660s! All testing is done in 5gallon root pouches,Coco/Perlite with Botanicare Expert Coco feed program.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. The panels I make. I haven't made my 6500k light yet CXB 3590 DD the highest bin Cree has right now

20. I havnt gotten far enough yet to use cobs for veggin? but when I do I am gonna go 5K Vero29. I like a little more red in the spectrum for veggin lately. Ive been using a51 RWs whites/ which I think is 5200K. seem to stretch the sites little more than my 6500K tubes do.