All About Lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jcj77d, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Hi all, i need to replace 2 HPS 1000w bulbs with LED's. I can't use LED fixtures as the bulbs are in a carousel. I did come across some bulbs and i can get them in the color spectrum that i want. The LED's are all one color and from what i have read, i don't think these bulbs would give the plants what they require to flower properly. Here's a link for the bulbs can someone knowledgeable please help me out on this?? 

http://www.livingled.com/store/LED-Mogul-Base/hi-power-LED-replacement-parking-lot-light

2. The chart

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. I am growing 4 the first time. Have been doing good for 1st 22 days now they are getting yellow and curling up at ends. Im trying inside but also live in south and have been putting them out each morning.

BTW I ONLY HAVE 2 PLANTS. Gonna put up pictures.

Have been using 2cfl lights
    1. 4500 lumens/ 2700 ks
    1. 1500 lumens/ 5000ks

I just started using fan in my grow room.

Using. 3x2x3 area cabinet.

Do i need diff light, etc thanks!

4. Stop bringing them outside

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Im starting off my first grow (stealth grow box). im using a 200w Dual Spectrum CFL grow light (senua). it stated when i brought the item that it has two different settings (blue & red) (6700k & 2700k) but i have no idea how to change the settings on the light as there no switch or nothing. It didnt even have instructions with the light... ?
    Can anyone help me out!

6. Ok I'm starting in a few weeks. What wattage do I want for hps bulbs for grow and flowering 4 plants

Let's Smoke About It....

7. Hey I just built a smaller box for two plants and I dont fully understand electricity haha. Can I plug my T5 2ft 2 tube light in a power strip with several other cfls and not catch anything on fire or should I try to spread them around to the other outlets around my room? If that makes sense

8. I couldn't see an issue , the t5ho's are only like 54w , I have over 400w Into one outlet haha

9. Right on thank you kindly. One issue down, onto the next forum haha

Sent from my Z750C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. haha yeah plenty of reading , but nothing will teach you more than your first grow haha so I learnt.

11. Cool thanks so much, and Yeaa my only problem with HID is the heat that it emits and I'm in a compact space as well (closet grow) so I can't let my plants get to close to the lighting... This is why I'm leaning more towards LED

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Is it bad to have reflective materials under the plants, reflecting light up to the bottom of the leaves? I would only be doing it on one side of the tent, not for the purpose of reflecting light, but to prevent light leaks. If that's harmful for the plant, then I would use a non-reflective material instead. Thanks.

13. check this one out amazing reviews. Worth the money just about to get it. A couple friends swear by it. Very quiet and built like a tank. A little pricey but get what you pay for and I feel it will be well worth the price and then some.
    http://growershouse.com/california-light-works-solarflare-220w-led-grow-light

Let's Smoke About It.....
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1320164-Sade's-First-Grow-Green-Crack