Mars Volta = not so great?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by MrLebowski, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Uhh, has anyone ever seen Volta live?
    incredible.

2. seriously. the mars volta is an amazing band...geez

3. Im not a fan of Mars Volta but I do wish At The Drive In was still together.

4. For some people, well I guess like me, I never really listened to At The Drive In but Mars Volta is completely different. I dunno, it's either you listen to one, and not the other, or neither one at all.

5. Haha, I'm a huge fan of the Mars Volta, but this article had me rolling!

6. Mars Volta has a few good songs. I saw them live though and they where horrible. I puked fuckin EVERYWHERE during that concert. Too many pills. :)

7. Honestly, I tried quite a few times to like Mars Volta, I just don't feel it... Annoys me.

8. Uhh, moe. sucks. And definitely not the biggest touring jam band.

9. haters can hate and lovers can love.

mars volta woot:hello:

10. i think they kick ass... but i can understand why some people might not.
    they arent for everyone.

my only complaint is that their lead singer is a fruit loop.

11. fruit loop? as in gay?

12. No, I think he meant sugary, toasted, puffed, and unoriginal.

C'mon, kids, let's try some Mars Volta Flakes! MMmmmm...good with toast and jam! Part of a complete art rock breakfast!

Anyone who thinks that Mars Volta is worthy, should also listen to Van Der Graaf Generator, Tangerine Dream, Gong, and numerous other bands who did all that shit, even better back in the 70's. I don't mind Mars Volta, but I understand the reviewers frustrations with listening to it. It's not bad, and it's nice that this type of music is still being performed, but there is a tributary lineage that is somehow being ignored.

Hippier-than-thou?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvYNb67B5dQ&feature=related"]YouTube - Gong: Flying Teapot[/ame]

13. hes not really gay, but yes i was calling him gay.
    he dances in a very feminine style and is always talking against moshing at shows... which in my opinion qualifies him as a fruit loop. but i still like how into the music he is and respect him as an artist... i love the band as ive already said.

14. I like the mars volta but they will never be as good as At the Drive In.

15. i like them but they seem to have gotten kind of played out... for you to write suc ha long review means they have to be at least pretty good lol! they do have good guitar solos and have a good retro sound, but at least theyre not pompaus as shit like that one guy who came out around same time in that band hes got the real crazy hair and hes kinda fat... im pretty sure the album you reviewed was about a friend slowly succumbing to a hard drug addiction as they watcehd helplessly but it was probably more like they alienated him and he died alone because they thought theyre so cool making his soul into an album, anyways thats probably why they were cursed to have a sound that seems to repeat itself, but they really almost had something amazing and of their own truly that didnt get old kind of like zeppelin(but completely differeny you dig) with the voice that almost wasnt annoying and the guitar solos that almost didnt all sound the same

16. death cab for cutie is great though

17. I'm 50/50 on the Mars Volta. I agree they are incredibly self indulgent, but some of their shit's alright, and some of that is actually quite good. But you got to sift through a lot to find the decent shit.

18. I lawl'd at this hard too.

19. bump , idk how i got here (was searching for crap sunglasses) but i fucking bought that cd when it came out on a whim not knowing much about TMV an it was decent to
    good. i played it last week. but anyway...

the guy who wrote that article said they were arrogant for making a 16 minute song and he could have " cured cancer or something".

LOL id say the fucktard sitting in his e-blog filth who thinks he is capable of curing cancer is the overtly arrogant gayboi(not that theres anything wrong with being gay) in this situation.

20. Yeah, I don't think readiohead should be on that list, at all.