Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

DVD Audio Commentary

• Please log in to reply

Kit Fistoned

Kit Fistoned

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
It's not really something I hear discussed a lot, but I at least enjoy listening to a lot of the commentary tracks on my DVDs. Anyone else?

I don't really have a single favorite; Kevin Smith always has a fun commentary track on all his DVDs, and the Apatow flicks are usually good for a good laugh.

On the more technical side of things, the Star Wars Trilogy DVD set's commentary tracks are really informative and entertaining.

If you're a commentary fan, what are some favorites?

DirtyPete

DirtyPete

Mudrat Detector

• Bronze Member
  • 13,792 posts

Foop

Foop

if the roof doesn't fall

• Gold Member
  • 9,075 posts

sky dog

sky dog

the way of the future

• Bronze Member
  • 12,970 posts

Hazza777

Hazza777

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
turn on the audio commentaries for the visually impared on V for vendetta.

awful film in my opinion but with a quirky narration using a very strange (almost clockwork orange like) vocabulary it becomes amusing enough to watch =D

montaze18

montaze18

• Registered Upgraded
  • 163 posts
cheech n chong up in smoke ~ great commentary

WildWill

WildWill

Just Wild and Crazy

• Old School
  • 19,590 posts
Kevin Smith is just a funny guy in general. His live Q&As are so worth the price of admission. Plus if you won't ever meet a more humble dude.

Foop

Foop

if the roof doesn't fall

• Gold Member
  • 9,075 posts

ColonelZipp

ColonelZipp

• Registered Upgraded
  • 583 posts
director commentary for walle is pretty good... the time and dedication the pixar team put into their movies is unbelievable..

i also learned that the guy who led the sound effects team was the guy who did the sound effects for the original start wars, and the lasers from blasters and tie fighters and whatnot were made by stretching out a slinky and tapping one side while recording it.

the more you know...

i dont watch commentary often though, walle was probably the first one i watched from beginning to end.

Per Waui

Per Waui

Kombo King Jr.

• Bronze Member
  • 6,639 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users