Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Strains Are Extinct.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SpencerSpencer, Aug 11, 2008.

1. How is it a big deal at all?

Purple Haze is probably the most overrated, pointless subject of a strain discussion ever. Who cares? There is better weed in the 21st century. Plain and simple. To suggest that one strains genetics were SOOOOOOOO much better than all the rest, which also makes no sense considering the genetics weren't "lost" they were combined with a different genetic strain...is just ludicrous. If anything, I'm sure Purple Haze and other infamous strains have helped create a majority of the dankest hybrids we have. However, no point in living in the past and taking it like a very big deal.

Also, his point was the lack of proof in any of these claims. To just say "Oh, there's Purple Haze out there...I got some stuff that was purple" is not proof. Sorry, but actual proof would be in this disputed genetic material we speak of. I doubt there is sufficient proof that something like that still exists, at least in the "original" way you speak of it.

He could say Skunk is extinct because what is "Skunk?" Its just a silly name and I'm sure the buds would be fire. However, to prove Skunk's continued existence you would need to compare the original genetics to the current ones. I guess if they are different, well then it's not "legit"...at least with your argument, anyways. After all, purple haze does not make Purple Haze, riiiiiiight?

Moot point.

2. #82 PastyWhitey, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
    You know. What is the only proof that we have that Purple Haze from the hippie days was so amazing? Statements by other people. Which could be overdramatizing.

If some kid came on GrassCity today, and said he had some odd bud that was Purple, and got him lifted beyond anything ever, and even had hallucinengenic properties, you guys would laugh him out the forum.

If your old man tells you he had this crazy bud back in the day called Purple Haze, that cog him lifted beyone anything ever, and even had hallucinengenic properties, you will defend it to the death.

I spy, a double standard.

also to the Purple Haze is Panama Red x Haze comment, I would suggest you do some research.

Panama Red is nothing more than Columbian Red that was migrated to Panama.

Seedsman stocks Columbian Red x Hevilles Haze, so shouldn't that live up to your requirement of Purple Haze? Yet there is no purple mentioned anywhere? Columbia Red Haze

Guess some strain "purest" don't know as much as they think they do.

3. Ande some fkn know it alls get 30 percent of th story and make up the rest to fit their needs my father was a breeder for30 some years for a particular club and i dont even take his word asd gold i think all growers are opinionated but the accepted theory is the trouble with real panama red is even if you take a clone IT WILL NOT grow the same as its mother unless you moved the environment people in ht say it has something to do with the soil and marc emery is said to have started many of the red genes by stabilizing those strains in a very acidic soil he had imported for this purpose but whats it matters in the end is all these f1 hybrids and fem seeds are all restricters on the constant evolution of the plant but there is a lot to be said about older stabilized strains i keep getting g13 seeds and think out of 30 or so seeds maybe found 2 identical plants seeds from my dad all grew so similar and exact fine clockwork was possible oh and if your strain has been around for 40 years then that is 40 yrs of people doing everything they can to improve it that seed will have 2-3 times the tolerance for higher nutes heavier yeilds more intense lights and in general push their limits and you will find they love conditions that your newer chronic would burn fry and die in i am done go buy another dime and dream of a quarterpounder dude

4. Okay, it's a well known theory that Panama Red is really a Colombian Red grown in Panama. You bring nothing new to the table. That still doesn't change the fact that the lineage of Purple Haze is Panama Red crossed with Haze. But your on a good track here and using your brain so I'll tell you what, start growing and breeding yourself. I would go with a male Original Haze from Flying Dutchmen rather than a Neville's Haze. Get a good Colombian Red mother and throw some pollen down. There you go. It won't be an original Purple Haze, but it will be a new strain you can name whatever you want.