Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Strains Are Extinct.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SpencerSpencer, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Purple haze is gone, It has always been a Clone only strain so their are no seeds of it. If a dealer has something that even has a little bit of purple they are going to call it purple haze. I've called bs multiple times to the dealer having purple haze that was huge nugs i mean huge and i told him it isn't haze it is clearly of indica origin to which he replied "wtf is an indica". Great.

2. if you`d like i got a few purple haze seeds my mom saved from back in the day perhaps i could fax them to you guys.................(insert tons of sarcasm)

3. dude, i smoke purple haze couple months ago, they usally come in spring time
    they not extinct...

4. That is crazy dude.

5. i bet panama red is only extinct in the US i bet its still growin somewhere south of the border.

6. I just bought 3 feminised seeds of Matunuska thunderfuck crossed with KC brains Mango...its an autoflowering purple plant...who knows for sure if its the real matunuska but the guy sure was legit...he was a master grower...once i start indoors over the winter i will have to get the pics of the grow up, and also produce lots of seeds, maybe send some to some fellow blades....well see!!!;)

7. Huh I thought we all agreed that dealers lie...

8. well then i saw purple on it and im sure it purple haze, my dealer grows and he said this is purple haze

9. A lot of strains have purple genetics. Also, buds can turn purple if they are exposed to low temperatures. Purple does not equal Purple Haze.

10. Matanuska Thunderfuck IS extinct.
    The replacement, and what is now being passed off as thunderfuck, is Matanuska Tundra, which is not as potent, due to the fact that the Matanuska valley is suffering from global warming and is not as fertile as it once was.

11. God. If I hear one more person say Purple Haze is extinct, I believe I'm going to shoot someone.

For the last fucking time.

Crossbreed any Haze plant with a Purple Pheno-dominated Plant, and the seeds are Purple Haze.

Its getting annoying really.

12. Purple Haze is DEAD.

13. Your an idiot.

With all respect absconded.

14. i've heard of Acapulco gold being extinct. and Purple Haze definitely still exists. we get that in so.fla. all the time.

15. No, not at all. That will give you a purple Haze, not the original Purple Haze that everyone is talking about. Purple Haze was a strain, not just any old purple Haze. There are new strains that go by the name Purple Haze, but they aren't the original Purple Haze. There may be a few people who preserved it but besides that, it's extinct.

Acapulco Gold isn't extinct. Just very rare, I actually own seeds of it. I have a friend who's dad's friend has been growing it up north for decades.

16. #56 chiefton8, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2008
    there is no way to prove a strain is extinct or not. period.

short of genetic testing, there will never be a consensus as to whether purple haze is extinct. but even that won't work because i am sure no one did a genetic profile on the "orginal" purple haze when it did exist, and so we will never have anything to compare modern plants with. plus stoners aren't likely to genetically catagorize each strain. personally, the thread is silly because no one will ever prove it one way or another.

17. untrue, well not totally. there is "tundra" being passed around, but matanuska valley thunderfuck is still very much alive. just hard to get a hold of.

18. my friend had real purple haze and real panama red not extinct at all really good smokes

19. Your taking the word "Extinct" to literally if you don't consider Panama Red extinct. Sure a few elite growers may be in possession of the incredible strain, but that's just a handful of people.

20. There's no way to prove if it's extinct or not, but if it's not there, it's not there. Making it extinct. Don't take things so literally dude.