Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Strains Are Extinct.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SpencerSpencer, Aug 11, 2008.

1. I thought Purple Haze is most definitely extinct...
    Panama Red
    Nuclear 19 (never heard of it)

M-13 is clone only... So there are no male M-13 plants so yeah that sucks.

Only 3 I could have swore we would have had more. (off to pineapple express now)

2. haha, damn, shows how much the dealers are really hypnotizing the buyers these days.

3. the only one i know of is Alaskan Thunderfuck. heard so much about it. but it was already posted above

4. G-13 is still alive. Someone got seeds a while back and now a nifty breeding project has emerged.

Does anyone know if Aussie Mutant/ABC/Dizzy is still around? I always wanted to get my hands on those and see what sin againt nature I could grow.

5. I was searching the icmag site and came across someone with a few ABC plants, but i dont know if they were clone only or from seed. This is the plant that doesnt look like weed but buds out right? Some crazy shit. I heard one guy found the mutant, grew out a full batch of seeds and sold them for millions of dollars. No one else got their hands on them...

6. Any more info or articles on that strain you can find?

7. Why did no one mention the ORIGINAL Columbian Gold? That stuff was wonderful - was plentiful, but expensive when we first started smoking. Definitely 2 hit shit!! Sometimes one hit.
    Sure wish I had me some of those seeds!!!
    Olde Hippee

8. #28 Tuk2, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008
    I dont think anything really is extinct(maybe some old strains from the 70s you dont hear about), some just arent as readily available perhaps. purple haze gets tossed around so much, I bet only 2% of that is real at most. There have been many Alaskan Thunderfuck pickups here on the city and that stuff looks legit.

Fact of the matter is I dont give a shit bout this "columbian gold" or "thai stick" or whatever the case may be, because of all the dank ass hybrids we have today there isnt room left for addition strain characteristics including potency to be missing anywhere. So IMO its not like the last dodo bird has been shot. Pretty much, the clubs got it all.

9. The seeds of purple Haze are extinct it only exists in clones. So yes its around, but the actual strain is dead.

10. false.

11. none of those are extinct. they are just hard to find is all. Ive seen ATF around and if thats around im sure the rest are as well.

12. When you lose a strain, especially a unique strain, you lose precious genetics. Throw any pure sativa against a hybrid and you'll know what I mean. Preservation is key unless you want the whole cannabis gene pool to be ruined some day or full of bland hybrids. How can you say you don't care about strains like Panama Red?

I'm pretty sure Colombian Gold isn't extinct. Matter of fact there are seed companies that sell it. Alaska Thunderfuck is still around.

13. pretty sure alaska thunderfuck is still around friend had it a year ago

14. Alaskan Thunder Fuck is still around I've seen Grow Log's unless they are mistaken.

Huh So there are less extinct strains than I thought.

So just Purple Haze Panama Red and these ABC plants... Do any seed bank's sell them?

15. no no the ABC plants are alive and growing, just very very very few people have them

16. alaskan thunderfuck I hear... I've heard mixed reactions, some say it's extinct, but some others say they still have it..

17. Ahhh I wrote it wrong, do any of the seed banks have the ABC plants I'm assuming no because I get the impression they are super rare.:hello:I want one though lol

18. This thread is so cool man. I want to try more types of weed. Lately I have been smoking kush. It is really good. Before that I didn't know what type of weed I was smoking. I have so much to learn, lol. :smoking: