God/Jesus/religion enough is enough

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Chirstiandude, Aug 5, 2008.

1. I don't believe that there is an elephant orbiting earth ...
    And Christianity hardly teaches the idea that everything is "one big consciousness"

I don't understand the point of your post.

2. wow, dancing around in circles again. this thread is just full of

[​IMG]

3. i respect you beliefs, but id also like to clear up that the christian concept of hell wasnt incorporated into the bible untill the romans got their hands on it (im not exact what year) also i think anyone reading this should approach everything with an open mind. If you come to conclusions on things you clearly no nothing about and are just accumulating knowledge from a book than you are just conforming to a belief of someone else out of fear and insecurity of what happens if you hadnt. Im not saying theres not a god or gods, who knows.. find out for yourselves.

4. the concept of religion has been brutalized by governmental powers for thousands of thousands of years and we justify this concept by using at as means of incentive for positive action.... if you were actually concious of the concept of good there should be no incentive. i dont understand why people just cant do what they know is right, simply because its the right thing... mindless of the laughable concept of law. all respect:smoke:

5. #145 Captain Cannabi, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
    Great Post Dude, I would just also like to add the passage in Genesis(Not sure on the exact chapter/verses, sorry) that God said "Behold,I give you every Green Herb and every seed bearing plant that bears seeds of it's own kind, and it is good." This is an Ad-Lib of the verbatim version.

And in Ezekiel, God said "Behold, I have given all the seed bearing herbs on earth for the service of man"

Now, what I gather from that is God sees no problem with us using Cannabis, in fact he put it(and other herbs) on the Earth for the service of "MAN" So, I think we should.

Also, In a vision of Heaven, a Disciple noticed the "Healing Leaves" I think we all know what those were... Can you say Medical Mary Jane?
    :smoking:
    Proof (for me) there is Cannabis in Heaven.
    Thank you, God Bless, and Smoke Up!

:smoking:[Capt. Cannabis]:smoking:

6. for the past....15 years of my life i was in some hot stuff.very depressed.Tried to kill myself multiple times,had no friends and whoever i was hanging out with made fun of me for being a Christian.I never disrespect their religion at all.I respected their views yet they mocked me...not to mention the stuff that was going on in my family life.Things really got bad when the girl i love made me feel useless and awful.I had to go to the hospital because i was having some crazy heart attack....

Were i live if you don't believe in god people will chase you with burning torches and sticks..
    fuck North Carolina i wanna go back to Syracuse NY were i lived happily as a atheist :hello:

7. god did not turn your life around. when you come to realize that the only reason your life turned around was because you instilled confidence within yourself, you will become an even more happier person. it's all in your head. god is not helping you along. you are helping yourself along.

8. I love how people quote the bible, It's an ancient book written 2000 years ago by people whom never had actually met the Jewish Zombie, and has been changed over the past 2000 years to meet peoples needs, wheres the credibility?

9. copypasta

10. epic win.

11. Atheist's Nightmare:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ed-hZqqxU&feature=related]YouTube - Play him off, keyboard cat!![/ame]

12. #152 ChronicPooper, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2010
    Dear god, who brought this old thread ...

And furthermore trying to clear up your religion is bound to piss some people off who want proof, or are from another religion..

Hasn't anyone noticed that there is no God, and that the more we label the energy, and possess it as our own personal deity we look up to the more conflicts arise?

The key word bolded above is energy... That energy is everywhere.. it is everything....

Hasn't anyone noticed when you pray you are praying to your consciousness? Yes, you have a powerful self that listens to you. Did you know you can construct your own reality just knowing life is a dream? Bet you religion wouldn't want to teach you about meditation, or any of the normal things we are capable of that we so call "supernatural, or paranormal" when there is nothing over the ordinary for them.

2 Key things I have learned in the past through unlocking my inner self..

1) We are all one and connected in a loving all powerful consciousness
    2) Life is only a very short dream in which we all wake up to in time of Death

I bet you people will come in here and start saying which fallacy I used instead of being open to any possiblity.

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDW6vkuqGLg]YouTube - Finger Pointing to the Moon - Bruce Lee[/ame]

14. Haha since we are all posting videos heres one to soothe the soul..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm4JvWSpEc0&feature=player_embedded#]YouTube - Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab - Just Listen[/ame]

15. agreed. you, sir, know whats really good. it took me many trips, some very intense and some more relaxed and enjoyable, a few spiritual journeys, and a lot of meditation and research to really even begin to understand it all.

However once you start the journey of learning about and understanding the true nature of things, everything starts making a lot more sense , and life is a lot more enjoyable...

16. Exactly, I thought I knew a lot, when I first started my awakening process and even now I know I only know less than 1% of creation, but I have learned soo much that it's as if I have only barely scratched the surface..

17. good hing god changed your life and not you.

18. Naw, "jesus" is only relevant insofar as the idea of the "Messiah" tries to negate the previous religion. It's a form of control, a transfer of power from one group of people to the next. New religions get formed out of bashing the old one, as an antithesis. None are truly original. Only the form of the God changes to reflect the population it tries to control. You can't really rely on the Holy Bible to say anything true about itself, because it's biased, written by scores of people, and varies in ideology from age to age.

The only things worth regarding as sacred are the Earth and the Sun.