Best 100% Organic Soil Mix that's *Ahem* Easy for beginners?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HydroGanic, Aug 3, 2008.

1. You don't know what the fuck your talking about. Just please shut the fuck up.

2. Go with what Rumple was posting, I've used this basic organic mix for a while and have had great results. Very easy to re-use also, take the roots out, add a little more soil and whatnot and you have the next batch at half the price. I've used this for two grows and then I start over. tastes good too!(the buds)

3. :confused:@anyone fairly new to growing nd i just had a thought...if u added protein powder to the soil mixture would the nutrients help the plant gro and perhaps make an altered strain. :confused_2:

4. Hey sorry to zombify an old thread, but I really like this look of this recipe - I am curious though, what total volume would this soil be so I can scale accordingly and avoid overspending? I'm looking for a range of 9 to 15 gallons altogether.

Thanks!

5. #25 pointswest, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
    Question 1: Why do plants 'Burn' when the nutrient mix in hydro is too strong?

Answer: The plant is sucking up the amount of water that it needs and the nutrients are drawn up with it. If the nutrients are more than the plant can handle it will burn because it cannot separate the nutes from the water.
    The fact is though... plants have nutrient roots and they have water roots.

What a load of misinformation.

Try a SIP, self irrigating planter, for growing this style.

Try this thread for soil mixes:

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

PW

6. #26 Str8Dre, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
    FYI- If you're using soil as a medium for growing then it is not hydroponics. Hydroponics actual definition is growing without soil. What you're trying to do is set up a watering system for your organic soil. 
    Also regardless of what you are using nutrient wise, always check the ph before you water. Such a rookie mistake can really detrimentally effect your plants bro. If your tap is 7 then its 0.6-0.3 off of what it should be. For each phase of growth the ph will need to be slightly different for optimal growth, PH has everything to do with nutrient uptake.

7. Not pHing water is a rookie mistake?  I'll be damned.

Dude... *lol*

You're such a damn rookie. 

j

9. You know im noticing alot of anger and hatred on this site and im not liking it if someone is trying something new why disrespect them for it....Hell I grew 20 yrs ago and all these new techniques that are producing amazing meds were not even thought of and yet here you are using it to get mad money or hopefully helping someone with their pain...so for you to call this guy names because he is trying to advance growing is just shameful and remember when you insult someone else you are doing nothing but finding your own faults in another.... good luck guys and anymorebposts like this and ill go to admins then leave this site

I'm here to grow the best meds that the soil can offer......

• Like Like x 1
  10. #30 FunTimeGrowHap, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    If you're referring to that dude that called me a "damned rookie",  I can see how that looks rude lol. 

We both stopped chasing pH years ago.  Jerry's pinned thread in the indoor soil section, where he has gently helped swarms of greenhorns, is my main attraction to this site.  

It's gonna be okay.

11. Hugger, Fun Times and I go back a number of years - if it's the post above from me to him you were referring to then please be assured that I love him like a brother whether he uses Miracle Grow or not...

:)

J

12. Cool I just feel alot of hostility here, not just on this post, but others as well.

Cubic feet is volume bud.... lol, but did you get an answer as far as relation to the cups go because I'm legitimately curious. Not to worried about the overspending part because most of this stuff lasts quite awhile, but more so where I'm going to put the big old bag of soil while I'm only using 9-18 gallons every grow.

hella late lmao maybe I should just try to message rumple...

14. I dont have access to Organic Growing Mixes . What can I use to replace the Sunshine bale?

And is it necessary to add nutrients to this soil when watering?

Thanks for the tips and bomb soil recipe .

Peace and love

15. well, i must say this is my second comment in 2 years, an i bin on a million or so forums an blogs sites!!! ive read an adored...listened an laughed!!! but to b honest im not one to add a comment very often in any "grass fuelled help me out cuz im a beginner" tye shit.
    Anyway, ive read sum ov the previous comments, sum are so very helpful, sum quite misleading, an others very confusing an sound as tho they have been copied n pasted of a soil manufacturers website with added "i no it all".....
    simply, if u have been growing in soil as long as myself, Organic aswell may i add, ive learnt shit fuk knows how much in 11 years growin, an i mean invaluble inside top doh shit!!!
    So You need to find a real good soil to start with, an i dont class fox farms as 1 of those simply bcuz of the price!
    There are plenty of gud soils on the shelfs of many local diy stores n garden centers if ya no wht ya lukin 4.......
    this however comes with time...an tryin a few different ones also helps, no gud gardener ov gods erb just listens to sum1 an says "right, lets do wht e says.....wtf?
    forget tht shit....educate urself b4 u start...ull save alot o time n money!, understand Plant diversity an effects on soil microbial functions and enzymes!