CO2 Tablets

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Bombastic, Aug 2, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

Any comments on these tablets?

Here is there wright up on them

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=normtitle>
    CO2-tabs​
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
    - For a quick and rich bloom of your FAVOURITE plants -​
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=intro>With this package of CO[SIZE=-2][SUB]2[/SUB][/SIZE] Tabs you will possess a revolutionary new and very powerful product aimed at FAVOURITE on any growth medium. These simple - and cheap! - Tablets are specially developed to replace the complicated and expensive CO[SIZE=-2][SUB]2[/SUB][/SIZE] fertilizing systems used until today. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=normtext>Growth stagnation of plants is often caused by a shortage of carbondioxide; in badly aired spaces this shortage can be dramatic. With CO[SIZE=-2][SUB]2[/SUB][/SIZE] Tabs you can offer the carbon dioxide directly to the roots of your plants and significantly increase the speed of growth.

Only healthy plants will be able to effectively use this extra input. During extensive testing we perceived as the possible side affect a shortage of magnesium due to the high speed of growth. To effectively prevent this we have added 1.2% magnesium sulfate. The tabs release the CO[SIZE=-2][SUB]2[/SUB][/SIZE] in the water and thus stimulate the growth. Healthy PLANTS can absorb many times more of this important nutrient CO[SIZE=-2][SUB]2[/SUB][/SIZE] as is available in the air.

Attention: Adding CO[SIZE=-2][SUB]2[/SUB][/SIZE] short before the dark period doesn't give any results! During the dark period the plant doesn't absorb any CO[SIZE=-2][SUB]2[/SUB][/SIZE]. The tabs bond the CO[SIZE=-2][SUB]2[/SUB][/SIZE] about 4 to 6 hours to the offered water.
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text>Application: When your plants (or cuttings) are healthy you can use 1 tablet per 250 liters of water. In hydro systems you can also simply add the tablet to the barrel. Overdosing is neither harmful nor useful. If you want to add the CO[SIZE=-2][SUB]2[/SUB][/SIZE]Tab instantly, first solve it in a cup of water (gently crush the tablet with your finger in the water) and mix it the with the water that is intended for the plants. Apply twice weekly for optimal results, and preferably during the whole growing cycle of your plants. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text>The use of CO[SIZE=-2][SUB]2[/SUB][/SIZE]-Tabs is environmentally friendly and poses no harm for plants, pets, birds, insects or microorganisms. Adding CO[SIZE=-2][SUB]2[/SUB][/SIZE] Tabs to the drinking water can temporarily lower the pH. It is advisable to regularly measure the pH (of water and soil). High or low extremes interfere with the plants ability takes up nutrients. Use Bacterial to recycle the extra waste (a result of the increased growth) into nutrients. CO[SIZE=-2][SUB]2[/SUB][/SIZE] Tabs and Bacterial are an ideal combination for your plants! </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. Roots need oxygen, not c02.

3. Yes, its the leaves that need co2, the roots need oxygen. This application is more for aquariums with underwater vegetation that absorbs co2 from the water it lives in. Even in hydroponic applications of cannabis its just the roots underwater,not the vegetation like seaweed and whatnot. Good question though, and if the tablets lasted long enough you might be able to rig a system that captures the co2 when it rises out of the water and have the gas feed the leaves. I tried using a completely different brand of tabs from an aquarium store and let the gas feed my clones. I just put tabs in a cup of water on its own and put that in with the clones under the dome to provide extra co2. It may have helped but nothing noticable since the tabs fizz out after 5 min or less.

4. I found these tablets from the online UK grow shops and was wondering if anyone has tried them as is considering giving them a go. Found a dosing machine for them to.

[​IMG]

Here is the rightup of it

Co2 Tablets

These tablets are designed as a cheap alternative to other carbon dioxide systems. By offering gas directly to the root of the plant there is a significant increase in growth. Use one tablet for every 200 ltrs of water, in soil or hydroponics. Carbon dioxide is active for 4-6 hours in the water after dosing. The addition of the dosing machine, which fits onto any tank, regulates the entire process for you.

I use ceramic Air stones and supercharge the Nutrient solution

What does the community think on these ????

5. If my system had a resevior I would like to try it as an experiment on a whole or half a crop to see results. I def find it an interesting thing.

6. just get a coca cola bottle, fill it half way, makea hole in the lid, put an air line in the lid, put the airline into your grow room, put a small cup of water there, put the end of the air line in and itll bubble out into your grow room.

7. I like your method with the coke bottle for bubbling the CO2 into the air--I'm just wondering, however, if the pellet dropped into the water can bubbble for at maximum six hours, do you then have to put a pellet into the water 4 times a day? (on a 24/7 light schedule).

I'm not sure I can do this faithfully every six hours during the entire vegetative process!