Growing without getting busted

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by letstokeup, Jul 28, 2008.

1. I know people who did it successfully for over 7 years, yeilding huge crops, 12 lbs per minumum.
    To not get caught you have to do several things, the least of all is STFU about and dont tell not anyone whos not involved. Dont show anyone, dont be a big shot, dont tell people you grew it , dont flash money around, dont confide to anyone (cuz they will confide to someone else, who will have someoen follow you, jack you or snitch you). etc.
    If you can, BUY a house to do it in. Thats very important, you dont want teh landlord coming over. Though Ive done it in rented houses, its just more stress. And requires a much more thourough shopping for a house...thats a whole entire thread on its own, what to look for when 'renting' ..if you do, PM me, ill give u the low down.
    You dont want to look like a fucking hippie stoner when growing,. NOT ONE 420 STICKER or anything of the sort on your car. NONE. no greatful dead, or any shit that says I SMOKE POT. you are undercover as a normal human in society, You WILL have short hair, dress nice,. have a inconspicuos car and take all precautions when going to the grow stores.....take off the license plate or the car, cover up the VIN number.....furthermore, never use the address's of your houses for ANYTHING other than bills and even then send those to a PO box.............I can go on and on but thats the begining.....its a fulltime job, a 24hr day thing where one slip up will get you sent to the big house. Do it in a middle class neighborhood, waive to neighbors but dont get to know them well...ok, the other guys can tell you some more advice, i dont usually offer it for free lol

2. electric bills are the last thing to worry about unless you are in an apartment. even then, its not a big deal,. and if you can, what we did, was rent all 4 apartments once, and run the cords through the walls or the attic into the other apartments to break up the bill and do one big room in one apartment. But for houses, i know people that have had 1000-2000 amonth bills in 2400-3700sqw ft houses without ever having a problem.. It isnt a worry at all......the only time it would be a worry is if someone snitched and the cops checked into the electric bill, theyd see it was high and come in, but they think 300 bucks is high enough to come in, so it doesnt matter, may as well rack it up. Under no circumstance have i seen the eletric bill even make someone get popped. thats a fairy tale of people who dont reallly know much about growing, NOOBS who read High Times and think they know the world of growing but dont. sorry noobs. but thats the truth.......but if youre going to get an ulcer with a high bill, than really, just dont grow

3. First second you tell someone, consider yourself busted. Unless it's your brother or best best friend. If you tell someone that you are un-easy with, get them involved somehow and then you can blackmail them :) But a true grower wouldn't get himself into that amount of shit in the first place.

4. The power supply in the computer you are posting from probably is bigger than a 400W HPS...puts it in perspective pretty well. If you are so worried about them noticing power that you wouldnt plug in an extra computer....then youve got reason to worry :)

5. Is there any way you can get tracked by posting on sites like this grow journals ect?

6. Um its the internet the man is always watching and they know where you live!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

7. i mean even if you send shit to your house dont do it all the same shit. buy lights ONLY. its not illegal to send any of those things to your house. when you get to seeds. send it to a whole nother county or some shit. buying 100's of HPS lights isnt illegal. buying the seeds WITH the lights, causes suspicion. like back in the day when they tried to get everyones info from hydro shops "operation green thumb" or some shit. MOSt people really were just growing veggies and shit. made gov't look pretty dumb. but for others, well they werent so lucky. but like i said. its not illegal (would be invasion of privacy) to "watch" you cause you bought a hps light. just dont be dumb.

8. dont ever miss an electricity bill, and the electric company will never question how much you use, as long as they make money they dont care. most police dont use thermal imaging for busting growers, they use it mostly for police chases. it costs over $150 an hour to run a police helicopter, they wont waste that money looking for growers. if they did they are already on to you some other way. what people said above is great so i wont repeat everything. The DEA almost never busts home growers unless they make hundreds of thousands of dollars. if you grow less than 20 lbs, dont worry at all about the DEA. also smoking outside can get neibors suspicious, not always but sometimes

9. also, many microwaves are over 1000 watts, washer and drys are over 1000 watts. computers can be over 500 watts. a 400 watt light will not be notices. even 4 1000 watt bulbs wont really be noticed. electric companies make more money off of people who use more electricity, why would they care? just dont miss an electric bill and they will never question it. its not illegal to have a huge electric bill. running 1 1000 watt hps bulb on an 18/6 light cycle every day for a 30 day month comes out to $42 for a month (where i live). that might help

10. not 2 mention 90% Of people who get busted

are known drug dealers who already had heat on em
    and they had they whole basment full of HD's and dumb
    amount of plants where it looks like a freakin greenhouse

ima grow up to 5 plants in my closet in my apt
    and not even thinkin twice about it....

11. Get really high and watch Layer Cake!

12. Props Jimmy, I just got busted today for 1 plant growing in the bedroom of my apartment! :eek: Hopefully you have better luck than myself, which I seem to have none of.

p.s. maintenance people will sink your ship, lock everything and have a lot of guns around the place so they think you will flip out if they do anything.

13. Growing a small operation inside is really not that hard to pull off... A few plants is very easy to manage...

Keep it quiet and keep it smart is the rule. If you follow those two principles, you will be fine.

Also, don't sell your product.

I think it is a good idea in some cases to have a 1-2 trusted buddies to grow with if you are going to try outdoors. It will make life much easier if and only if your growing partner(s) can be completely trusted.

The problem with a growing buddy is that it increases the chance that one of you will tell someone...

Mums the word my fellow tokers... loose lips sink ships...

14. Sorry to hear you got busted. Apartments are not ideal places to grow. Too many "outside" people have access to your residence to be comfortable. I personally wouldn't do it. Besides, it is tough to eliminate the odor of flowering plants in an aprtment.

15. sparkyzee that's a shame i feel your pain buddy i've been busted before not for cultivation though. you mind going into some details to help the community try to avoid this?

16. If you are growing for personal use you won't need 15-20 plants. You can grow a few plants (3-4) using CFL's. From the outside of the house a thermal scan would look pretty normal. They put off very little heat/wasted energy.

I must concur, however, that telling no one is the key. It can be difficult because growing is so exciting/addictive but that is what GC is for :D

17. right....im laughin at peeps who think we got rights in the us still

there changing the constitution and not tellin u shit bout it
    til they kick in your door because u were a suspected "Terroists"

18. Very true.
    They can detain you just based on suspicion.
    I agree with ^^. Rights no longer exist. Your guilty until proven innocent.

19. I dont know where you lve but, here in the U.S they must prsent a warrant for search and they must hav evidence to back tht up n court CI,Drugs,Guns.etc. Unless they want to have everythng thrown out and kjeep everythng they seize..thts a whole dff ballgame right there..

20. 15-20+ plants? That is a pretty big set up... I have grown that many outside and would never consider doing that big of a set up indoors. If you are growing 20 plants you aren't only growing for personal... 20+ plants is very doable for a lone guy outside, but inside? You would need one hell of an odor control method!