Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Thanks for your input. I am not adding nutrients when watering. I figured the soil I purchased (organic soil from a local nursery) mixed with perlite would have enough to last for some time. Adding worm casting had also been recommended to me as well. I figured after I transplanted that the soil was too hot as I saw some burnt tips. I imagined they'd have to adjust a bit, but perhaps I'll try the flush. I will say I don't fully understand the salt build up. I wouldn't think there would be salt buildup in fresh soil. I thought salt build up would occur after adding and using nutrients over time? A flush definitely seems easier than dealing with a pest. And yes I have read much and more on lady bugs in a grow room since then. There was only 2 that were in there when I first set it up. Hopefully I will have no need for them in the future but now I know either way. Again thank you very much for the advice.

2. #19102 Ash Flash, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015
    Would Love some feedback..Got abit out of hand now tryed flushing 6.2ph water then adding reg bloom nutes no pk13/14 as thought that was the original cause..i use only
    xbloom 1ml to 1lt water
    Cal gel 0.4ml to 1ltr
    Bio bloom2.. 1.5ml to 1ltr
    ...when i added pk13/14 i halved those numbers above on my flowering nutes and only added 0.5ml pk13/14 to the mix ..had good feedback when was not that bad of a problem and had been suggested by a few and most helpful Ant Dog! its a calcium def..or could be locked out by too much of something else..if i just flush ph water for a week will the plant not go so well now or should i just continue with my normal nutes its in flower and dont want to ruin it..i used the same schedual of nutes successfully on my SugarBlackRose auto fed Every watering and its beautiful :) 1week left on it and all good but its in soil not coco..and another bluecaramel auto in coco also on same feed schedual but has no problems maybe slight signs of the same def but not anywher near as bad as this one..extra info in tent temps when 400w cooltube hps is on 24max when off 18. Humidity 45/55 ..sorry for the story :D

Attached Files:

3. A bit longer than a week there mate,calmag would help with yellow and rust spots I reckon

4. I've had strains with purple stems no problems grown awesome nugs. Strain dependent and it really depends on a variety of variables like temp medium humidity etc. Nothing to worry about imo

5. My white widow babies are looking funny. Thinking maybe heat stress.
    6 bulb HO T5
    Pro-mix
    General organics nutes

Attached Files:

6. vemiculite isnt the same great for spiders but i find when used with plants its not great

7. epsom salts wont hurt but its most likely down too the cooler nights or you would see other mag def symptoms

8. Just buy a purple strain BB Kush 1448791581920.jpg

9. By the looks of it id call mag def with slight over feed on ya npk id try a plain water with a lil epsom salts and some molassas

10. =====
    i think also if it was a caterpillar you would have found frass(insect poo) on the leaves little black bits of it ,,,mac

11. i used some verm with my seedlings...it worksd ok for mem.i just had to water often b.c it was fine verm and dried out too fast..also it doesnt drain too well on its own..so youll need perlite and or soil to mix with it..

12. This looks like a dead ringer for early to mid stage K deficiency.

Any suggestions?

I run the Canna Terra line, and I have some PK 13/14 on hand. I was thinking a dose or 2 of that would help.

Attached Files:

13. Welp, I gave them some PK. We'll see if it helps.

14. Im clearly having some kind of issue with the environment or nutes because all plants have already hermied on me. Started off with Reserva Privada Purple OG Kush seeds, so the genetics is not the issue. Germinated using papertowel method and planted half in a supersoil mix from my local grow shop (peat, perlite, guano, worm castings, etc) and the other half in a mix I prepared (1:1:1 vermiculite, perlite, peat + 1tbsp dolomite lime/gal of mix). Growing in a 2x4x5 box with a vented (6") 400W HPS 1.5' from the canopy. Had some serious heat/humidity issues in the beginning that have since been rectified with serious fans. I'm running at 26C at peak day temp and 19C at night, with 40-50% humidity. I've got a 220CFM fan running 24/7 pulling through a carbon filter. I've been feeding them different based on the mix and it's the supersoil plants that are mainly having issues:
    Supersoil: just pH'd (6.5) water for first 4 weeks. Transitioned to General Hydroponics micro+bloom (full feed) when switched lights from 16/8 to 12/12. Added Botinacare Pure Tea recently to try to fix problem to no avail. The runoff pH was 6.5 at that time. I also FIMed and Supercropped (different amount/technique for each plant). The pics I have posted are 4 weeks into flower. Just finished a flush with pHd water and half strength nutes.If I forgot something please let me know. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated!!! Tnx.
    Forgot to say that I alternate water and feed every 3-4 days.

Attached Files:

15. Check under leaves and near the soil level during beginning and end of light cycle. I find a lot just under the soil level on outdoor plants.

Chef.

16. #19116 phil_the_geologist, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015

Are they in total darkness for lights out?

17. Yes to me this looks like potassium deficiency. Keep an eye on your nute and PH levels to rule out any possible lockouts.

Chef.

18. They look fine to me apart from the odd leaf. What symptoms do you think you are seeing?

Chef.

19. It was PH related. I was using well water, but the PH of the water bombed this fall all the way into the 4's. So I was using some super concentrated PH up, but it took so much to raise the PH that it caused issues with the plants. Potassium is very PH sensitive, drop a little below 5.5 and K is locked out. Other nutrients have a little more lee way.

20. hey all, just started 5th week of flowering my purple bud feminized. Growing in bio bizz soil using 300w led grow panel ,tis my first grow and was wondering why there is literally no smell . If I rub the stem yeah it smells a little but literally nothing. They are good seeds and are meant to smell ... There covered in triches but no real smell. Any opinions would be great.

Attached Files: