Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. his is my third time oostig for help here this is my last try for help.
    Growing in75%/25% coco to perlite. Got 2 clones about 4 to 6 inches tall. It first started about a week into transplant. Some fan leafs edge started curling upward kind of closing the leaf up like a canoe now I have weird twistig and spotting on the fan leaves as well. I think it might be a cal mag issue cuz I'm in coco. I just trans planted in to slighlty bigger pots and precharged my coco with 200 ppm of cal mag and 100 ppm of flora grow and the original 70 ppm from y tap water totaling 370 ppm I also wateredthem with this same mix right after I transplanted
    Some one give me an idea here plz.
    Here fresh pics

Also I pH my sloutions to 5.8.

Attached Files:

2. That looks like thrip damage.

I do believe Spinosad is what you'll need to combat them.

3. Still waiting on an EC meter, did a rough npk to ppm conversion....pretty sure I was drastically underfeeding them. The leaves with the brown spots are pretty much dead by now, but the new growth seems to be a bit greener a day after feeding them.

4. First time sexing plants... Agree or disagree...

AK-47 - Male
    1444434073874.jpg

Lemon skunk - Lady
    1444434115800.jpg

Larry OG - Lady
    1444434143601.jpg

White widow - Lady
    1444434192006.jpg

5. Thanks, your a champion!

6. any idea what caused these spots?
    FFOF soil with some added EWC. About 5:1
    20x 23watt CFL's 18/6 but each plant is only within 6 inches of 6 bulbs. So about 150 watts of direct light.
    22 days old and just started fox farms feeding schedule.

This is the only plant of 4 experiencing the spots.
    The spots appeared after the first feeding of Kangaroots and Boomerang 1/4 recommended dose. It almost looks like the water got on the leaf and burnt it. But more are appearing and have been very careful not to get any of the leaves wet during feeding.
    Now in addition to the spots the bottom leaves are turning yellow. All water and feeding a have been about 6-6.5 ph
    Any ideas for a cause and solution? Thanks!

Attached Files:

7. #18387 sheeeetbag, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015
    In this pot I have a bagseed and an auto chemdog. How do I make the bagseed bloom with out messing with the light cycle of the chemdog?

Attached Files:

8. Ok so I got a Chem dog auto and a bagseed in this pot. How do I make the bagseed bloom without messing with the light cycle of the auto

Attached Files:

9. Whatever you do with the light won't effect the auto..

10. So how long should I run it 12/12 to make the bagseed bloom

11. You will have to run 12/12 untill the photos finished ?
    Not quite sure what your asking?

12. have you got no where else to put the bag seed plant to get 12 hours dark like a cupboard ,wardrobe ,,,then put it under the light for 12hours ......,mac

13. I only want to change the light period as long as it takes to shock it into flowering than switch back to 20/4 for the auto's growth

14. Then the bagseed will reveg..

15. cant see why you want to do this as NEFarmer has said it may show its sex but it'll reveg under 24 hours light ..mac

16. the only reason that would make sense is he wants it to be bigger when it flowers it for harvest or hes gonna grab clones off of it for a while

17. yep that does make sense ,,,,,,,must be why he wants to do that ,,,,mac

18. I reckon you're right about water splashes, looks a bit overwatered and slightly N toxic now

19. Can someone help me decide what this is? My plant is thriving except for three leaves which show signs of root rot or a PH fluctuation. I am on my first grow so it is hard to decide ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444499513.416949.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444499525.853172.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444499543.287701.jpg

20. #18400 GreenDazed, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015
    So I've discovered that I've been over-watering my White Rhino a bit. The plant overall looks pretty healthy but the soil has been holding on to the moisture a lot more than I realized at first. It's getting close to flush time so I'm not entirely sure the best method of doing that while it's over-watered and not drying out. I have it in a closet with one oscillating tower fan, but that's still not enough ventilation for the soil. The smart pot I have her in even has some white stuff around the bottom outside where the runoff tray had nute water sitting. I'm not entirely sure if it's mildew, it doesn't smell like it. If anything it smells like concentrated nutrients that solidified on the smart pot once the water in the runoff was absorbed back into the soil/evaporated. It's my first real grow so I'm all about learning from my mistakes for my future grows. Are there any suggested methods of flushing when the soil doesn't even dry out over days of not watering/feeding?