Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. They've been getting a cap full/two of water each day and the other day the soil was super dry so I gave them extra water, there's three holes in the bottom of each for drainage

2. Hey all,

I'm having a few problems with my plants. First time grower, just switched plants in to flowering 4 days ago. Hempy bucket, 4:1 perlite:vermiculite.

The Bubba Kush (sativa) has had drooping leaves for a bit, makes me think overwatering, but I didn't think that was possible in a Hempy. Some leaves also have brown/red patches (pic 1), leading me to believe phosphorous deficiency. Any other ideas as to what my problem may be? I have also noticed a bit of algae on the top of the perlite, and some is also visible through the drain hole. also a bit of red starting on the serrations of some newer growth (pic 2).

20150903_232753.jpg

20150903_232712.jpg

Overall picture of the plant

20150903_232648.jpg

The Dream Queen (Indica) is looking pretty bad. Quite a few dead, brown crinkly leaves (pic 1), a lot of red on the leaves (pic 2), looks like what may be some clawing (pic 1 & 2). Figured it may be root problems, I included a picture of some of the roots close to the surface of the medium (pic 3 & 4). I'm pretty sure my ph is within range, verified with chemical kit and electronic ph tester calibrated with calibration solution. Algae can be seen through the drain hole and a bit on the underside of the perlite sitting on the surface.

20150903_232815.jpg

20150903_232856.jpg

20150903_233141.jpg

20150903_233106.jpg

Overall picture of the plant

20150903_232656.jpg

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441366234.502633.jpg well I finally popped my autos . I'm expecting them to sprout sometime Saturday or Sunday . Sorry it took me about week after I got them . I was just waiting for my 3 other girls to mature a little . They gave me a couple scares but they seem happy and healthy now . Pic above . I also got these from the vault . It's my first grow and I decided to go in coco . Honestly I'm finding coco quite challenging but I believe the results will be with it . I'm gonna do my autos in organic soil . I'll have my own little comparison with different grow mediums . I have been grown tomatoes and peppers for years so I'm not totally green to growing . I'm actually finding most things I have learned about tomatoes applies to weed as well . Growing indoors is a total different monster than growing outside though .so far so good . Happy growing everybody !
    Sorry this was suppose to go in a diffent thread . I would delete it if I could figure out how

4. hi Ant Dog i aint to sure but i am certain ya not supposed to top Autos ,,,,,and if i am right (dont really now about Autos ,,i think that they should be in the final pot by now ,at least a &ltr at the smallest size ,,,,,,,but i am sure an Auto grower here will put you on the right step,,,,mac

5. thanks bro but these aren't autos . You are absolutely correct though . You shouldn't top autos because their life is to short to recover . That would seriously hurt your yield . The plants in the pic are feminized seeds . I did just start germinating 5 autos . Sorry about the confusion . It's just the way I wrote the post . Sometimes I get so many thoughts going on I almost confuse myself lol

6. Hey I woke up this morning and my one if my plants was badly wilted.... It got to about 69 degrees and I have not watered for 2 days and they where transplanted 3 days ago as well... I don't know what I could of done wrong they are under 2000 watts of light and slowly keep wilting?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441377256.171123.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441377269.688912.jpg

These are the images of the plant

7. Hi Ant Dog ,i think i got ya mixed up buddy ,,,dont know where i read that you were topping them autos ,my brains getting confused of late lol ,,,mac

8. Bare with me I am just learning this site. Hopefully this is the correct venue to ask questions. It's getting later in the north east outdoor season and I have switched (but only fed once so far at half dose) to my bloom fert which is extremely high in P/K. Where it's still kind of early in the flowering stage I'm starting to worry about not having ANY nitrogen in my feeding. Any recommendations? I hered giving too much nitrogen during this stage can stunt my flowering growth. So I'm not sure if I should give it another feeding of the veg fert.

9. My veg was something like 24/8/16 and my bloom is 0/50/30

10. it's all good brother . I'm thinking when I said popped you read topped but either you was just trying to help . I can't be mad at that

11. it's all good brother . I'm thinking when I said popped you read topped but either you was just trying to help . I can't be mad at that

12. If I mixed half dose of ea. Together, do I come out with a 12/ 29/23? Because if that's the case then I would do that for a few feedings and graduate into a full 0/50/30 regimen closer to the end? Thoughts?

13. does anyone know what deficiency or problem this could be? Leaf tips are curling up on some leaves . i am 5 weeks into flowering. Growing soil,10 gal pots. I just gave them some bone meal. Given that this problem wasn't there before i assume that is what might be causing it. I flushed her but still worried. If anyone has any input its appreciated.

Attached Files:

14. HI guys complete noob here. I was given this [plant about a month or two before it flowered so I dont have much info on it. It started flowering and very recently started showing these discolorations. Also think there is some type of bug problem.

20150903_143743.jpg
    View attachment 1866081 20150903_143800.jpg 20150903_143344.jpg 20150903_143331.jpg
    20150903_143344 (1).jpg 20150903_143351.jpg

it got a little heat damaged because of a cpl 100 degree days recently. Any info on how to save this would be appreciated. Thank you

Attached Files:

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441425120.621939.jpg

A few of my plants have developed these orangish looking spots. They seem to be happy, healthy and growing fairly fast. Thinking maybe nute burn? Ppm 254 (very small amount of b vitamins, 1/8 strength veg nutes and 1/2 strength cal/mag) Are these anything to worry about? Any input would be much appreciated.

16. Looks like a ph problem imo

17. So after watering one of my girls she started to wilt A LOT ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441432524.847928.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441432587.608275.jpg

18. thanks for putting me right Bro ,,think ya right when yo said i read popped as topped ,,lol,,,,,luck with ya grow ,,,mac

19. #17979 HiFL420, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
    Hhhhhmmmm ok, PH between 5.5 and 6.0, constantly wants to rise though. This is my 1st grow so maybe I'm keeping the PH balanced the wrong way. I have been diluting ph down acid in a cup with reservoir water in it (DWC) and pooring it in the res, everyday. I get it it down to 5.5 and when i check the next day it's usually right around 6.0. (Air temp 71-75, res temp 67-71)

20. hhhmmmm ok, PH between 5.5 and 6.0, constantly wants to rise though. This is my 1st grow so maybe I'm keeping the PH balanced the wrong way. I have been diluting ph down acid in a cup with reservoir water in it (DWC) and pooring it in the res, everyday. I get it it down to 5.5 and when i check the next day it's usually right around 6.0. (Air temp 71-75, res temp 67-71)