Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Is it roughly a 8 week flower on that strain, if so it looks like she is just nearing the end of her cycle.. is it all over I can't tell, it looks to be just on upper growth?

2. I have a question... Is there something wrong with my clones? Got them a couple weeks ago. Have them under 1 90w led and 2 6500k cfls one looks stunted and the other has a slight dis coloring. Both are in lst mode at the moment. The bushier one is the one I think is stunted. What do you guys think? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429307920.751315.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429307948.096206.jpg .

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. Ok, so I am doing my first grow and I am a little concerned about my plants.  Here is the pertinent info:

Medium: FF Ocean Forest and Perlite (2:1)
    Strains: Grape Ape and Blue Cheese (from femenized seeds)
    Nutrients: 600 ppm Mills (A+B+start R), RO water, feed every other water cycle.  Will increase eventually but I read FF soil was hot and I don't want to burn my ladies.
    Water cycle: 4-5 days, when top 1/2" dry. 1/2 - 3/4 gallon per plant (no runoff).
    Pots: 5 gal Smart Pots
    Light: 600W MH, cool tube
    Time: 4 weeks into veg
    2015-04-15 17.33.52.jpg

I am noticing the following:
    1. Small lower leaves (ones that aren't getting light) on some plants are yellowing and dying.  Is this normal?  Should I trim these or just let them be?  
    2015-04-17 17.04.33 HDR.jpg

2. Leaves are folded up into slight V-shape (see picture).  This seems more pronounced on upper leaves.  Could this be some sort of weird light stress?  The cool tube keeps the temps down. I can keep my hand at the canopy with no discomfort.  The light is about 14-16 inches from the canopy.  My temperatures during the day at soil level are 73-78F in the sun. I haven't tried elevating my temperature sensor to canopy level.  Should I do this?  Relative humidy is at 50-60%and is controlled by a humidifier. I am growing in a tent in my basement so the ambient temp is 64-65F with 30% RH.  To avoid running my humidifier all day I am not using an exhaust fan to control temperature.  Instead I am using passive ventilation (i.e. opening vents on tent).  Anyone else experienced the V-shaped upper leaves?  I raised the light and the grape ape immediately stretched up, but the leaves were still V'd.  
    2015-04-17 17.04.55.jpg
    2015-04-17 17.04.46.jpg

3.  My big grape ape plant has some lack of coloration (yellow/green) appearing between the veins on the lop leaves.  Lower leaves are a dark green.  This is pretty subtle (see picture) but if it is an indicator of some nutrient defficiency (or toxicity), then I would like to nip it in the bud early.  Blue cheese is not having this issue.  The big grape ape has a 3 week head start on the others (don't ask) so it has been vegging for 7 weeks.  
    2015-04-17 17.05.06.jpg

4. Blue cheese is staying very low and bushy with tight internode spacing. Leaves are drooping but aren't limp.  Almost seems like it is purposely growing low.  Could it be that this strain doesn't like the light/heat?  The grape ape plants are taller and fuller with more nodes.  Also some of the very top leaves have small holes .  Don't think it is pests becuse it is indoor and in a tent.  Could excessive heat do this?
    2015-04-17 19.00.05.jpg
    2015-04-17 18.59.53.jpg

I think there is also a chance that I am being an overprotective parent here.  All opinions / thoughts are welcome.  I plan to swith to HPS on Sunday and then 12/12 next week.  I can only flower 3 due to State law.  I was going to cheat and flower 4 in case one ends up a hermie. Trying to minimize the stress so that doesn't happen.

4. looks like something has been Kuching on those leaves

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Something has been for sure, like, running a train on those bitches, like, nemenemenemenen....

6. Wow, roots exploded over night, from an one root at an inch to this! TINY bit of algea on the roots though😢😤

Attached Files:

7. Those holes can happen with chlorine toxicity, but since you use RO water, that shouldn't be the problem. That can also happen if your plant sweats a lot. The moisture buildup on the leaf, mixed with the heat, and light can burn a hole into it.

pH flux, low moisture, pests, and leaves growing pressed against something can also cause it.

IMO rule out everything you can, but don't drive yourself crazy over it. As long as your plant looks happy and healthy otherwise, don't worry.

I have leaves do this, but never turn yellow around the, for lack of a better word, tear. The middle vein of the leaf is broke, but the whole leaf is still green and healthy.

8. Bummed out here......bought three northern lights autos from Royal Queen....only tried to germinate one, took almost 48 hours in a plastic cup. As soon as I saw the taproot about to bust out i dropped it in a coco pellet and wrapped the whole thing up in alu foil and put it in a warm spot. Two days later, today, i see the shoot is already an inch high and super yellow....like ive never seen a sprout so yellow and its got me worried. These coco pellets are impregnated with NPK and says the ph should be 5.4.....today i put it the sun all day, its not hot sun and ive been checking on it all day....no change.....gave a light watering as the pellet was pretty dry in the morning. What can i do to save this wimpy looking thing? Thanks!

Attached Files:

9. Hi,
    I've currently got a single plant growing in a basic spacebucket setup. Some of the leave towards the bottom and all of them in general seem like they may not be entirely healthy. I saw a picture of all the possible deficiencies and excesses so I wanted to post a picture while it's still in the early stage so I can make sure its healthy. Any advice is much appreciated!

Attached Files:

10. Thanks for the advice applehead.  I moved the light away and the leaves are un-Ving.  I also hung a flycatcher in my tent in case a moth got in and is munching on my leaves. Still haven't found any critters of the crawling variety.  The blue cheese definitely seems a lot happier with the light further away.  

11. Glad to hear it bro. Smoke a bowl in my honor B-) :p

12. Top growth of plant has turned paler over past 2 days any ideas what could me causing this its 3rd week in flower and I'm using biobizz soil and nutrients

Attached Files:

13. Have you been using cal mag

14. No I haven't got any cal mag .. I have Epsom salts should I use some

15. well I use canna products and always get noticeable magnesium deficiency in 3rd week flower if i don't supplement, so maybe something to consider

16. Ok thanks for the advice I bought cal mag today will use next watering .. will the affected leaves return to a darker colour or will it stay that pale colour till finish?
    Will it have any effects on my final yields

17. Hi this is my first time posting ☺ well my question is this: I have some pretty ladies growing right now ( my first try) and one plant has some little white stripes in the leaves. I was wondering if you guys would help me...😉

Attached Files:

18. It should green up if that's what it is when did you stop giving veg nutes out of curiosity mate

19. Did you give it water

20. Good evening Poke! I'm not to sure my plants sick, she looks pretty good but I'm just checking up on it before it (maybe) bites me in the ass lol in the picture on the top left corner you can see all the bottom sides of leaves turning purple... Almost uniform? that's makes me think it's genetics. The fan leaf stems are red as well but my plant looks 100% healthy otherwise. To me at least lol
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429675935.769802.jpg

Does all this add up to something you know of? Deficiency, genetics etc... Thanks man :D

My Organic/Hempy/LED grow journal!
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1364334-NA%27s-grow-journal