Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. #15061 Sc00byD00bie, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015

pokesmot, thanks for taking the time to try and help [​IMG]

thing is i never spotted any aphids. i scoped the plant, the roots up and down, no aphids no mites. i just transplanted that plant in new soil so we will see what happens.

again thanks for your insight!

2. Fwiw, i never did either :smoke:

But you really wouldnt. The root aphid is small enough that ten could fit on a pinhead.

3. man if it really is RA im gonna cry, seriously. i just finished setting up a 100gallon no-till smartpot in there.

4. Real talk, id cry with ya man.

5. my plants are about 4 weeks from seed and i'm having a few ups and downs with them.

growing in clay pebbles hydro
    400 mh on 18 hours off 6
    4 plants in a wilma system

on all the plants the old growth, lower fan leaves and some of the connecting nodes look f'd, the fan leaves look a dark matt green, and have stopped growing rather than some of the newer healthy growth and on a couple of plants the branches which should have formed from the lower fan leaf nodes is pretty much non existent, like some spakky, midget growth

one of the plants has a small hole in one of the new fan leaves (maybe just where a water droplet formed and burnt the leaf?) and that one leaf has a tip which is brown and twisted. the new growth on this plant is very yellow compared to the rest, mainly the centre of the new leaves

the leaves on all are curled a little at the tip like a claw but some of the larger leaves are cupped at the same time kind of like a taco shell. but i have to admit the leaves are up and down but the lower growth droops all the time

ive done some reading and self diagnosed some of the issues but like to get a second opinion too

6. It sounds like nitrogen deficiency and heat stress.

A picture would help a whole lot :)

unfortunately my camera is shite. u think n deficiancy? why do u think that

i was thinkin n toxicity seeing as the old leaves look a dark green and because of the claw. although i agree the clawing could be heat stress especially coupled with the random hole in the leaf which is no doubt moisture built up that the light and heat burnt through.

however i dont think i am over feeding, it seems difficult to over feed nitrogen in veg statge when the plants uses a lot. and i havent even begun feeding full strength nutes.

8. Sorry, i meant toxicity. Not deficiency.

One o those days.

9. Is this a hermaphrodite??? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427843652.784965.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. ^ That's a full blown male.

11. My growing medium is 1 part Perlite to 4 parts compost as it said to use on the bag for the Perlite.
    I didn't want to use anymore as I feared it would make a bad growing medium for my plant.
    Can you  have too much Perilite?
    I have added a little more than it says too here and there.
    They are about 4-5 weeks and I transplanted them a couple of weeks ago but they're supposed to be auto flowering and they haven't actually started to veg yet?
    I initially buried them too deep so I uncovered the stem a little Monday as the leaves were starting to wilt a very slight bit and used a cocktail stick to aerate the soil... then as soon as I got home that evening the leaves of one had completely shriveled up and the stem went all weak.. Could this have caused it? Although they were both in the same condition on Monday and I did exactly the same things to them although  had areated the soil around the other one a few days previously but not all the way down.

Is their anything now that I can still do or is it too late, the leaves and stem are all still green other tan the tips which have turned slightly brown?

How do you do that tag thing? I'm sorry I don't understand, I'm really bad with computers and stuff haha...

12. Just perlite & compost? What is your compost? Regardless, that ratio is WAY under aerated. Your mix should be at least 1/3 perlite. They're suffocating so transplant into a better medium

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1357118-Scotty%27s-first-grow

13. As scotty said you need at the very LEAST 1/3rd of your mix as aerated. I dont believe you can add too much aeration. Its always better to add more than less.

Disturbing your soil with a stick wont do a thing but maybe damage roots growing on the top. i wouldnt continue that practice.

Its never too late to correct an issue until you give up. Id pull them from the pot, let them sit on a hard surface, remix the soil and put them back.

As for tags, here's how you post a pic in any forum using html
    [ i m g] yourimage.jpg[ / img] without spaces

if you host the pic elsewhere, meaning upload it to a site like photobucket, you just place the image between the tags and remove the spaces and it will appear :)

on a desktop theres a way to select add a picture so it does it for you.

14. Anyone have any info on this it has came back again infected every clone in my system also there is a clear/white slime coating my airstones so whatever it is it likes oxygen

Attached Files:

15. I'm running a dwc 5 gal bucket
    T5 lights with a Walmart brand "grow light" on each side
    Res temp kept below 70 using frozen bottles
    Air temp has never been above 80, never below 66
    Humidity ranges between 50-60 respectively
    Using gh nutes with the Lucas formula
    I set the pH at 5.8 and let it drift up to 6.1 before any adjustments
    The plant is a northern light auto from Nirvana

I'm noticing these spots coming up on her, just on this branch it seems. At first i thought maybe some water had gotten on the leaf, but now it's starting to spread on the lower foliage.

What is this and what should i do to correct it? uploadfromtaptalk1427907061173.jpg

16. #15077 A guy, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    I'm guessing that this leaf bleaching is just a genetic anomaly but what do you think?

In every other way the plants seem super happy and healthy and this is the only location I see this.

Attached Files:

17. I read am article about that just this morning. I'll see if i can find it, but it's on grow weed easy.com i Googled splitting leaf on cannabis and it popped up though lol
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/weird-or-what

18. Cool, thanks!

19. Anytime bro! Killer looking plant!