Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Hey everyone, I'm a new user and was wondering if you guys could help me diagnose my sick plant, lately the leaves have begun to curl inward and taco, I initially thought it was heat and or light stress so I turned the lights off for 2 hours and moved the lights further away, I haven't seen any improvement, I'm now wondering if it could me an Mg deficiency. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427739744.086602.jpg here is a picture if it helps.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427739744.086602.jpg here is a picture if it helps.

3. I'm switching from 2 100 watt hps to 7 300 wat leds saves power and heat is a big concern I'm switching everything to led next cycle was just checking if I could do it now

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427750394.915916.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427750412.001189.jpg

Hi, how does this plant look. Is it close to harvest or can anyone predict how long. And if left will the buds thicken?

5. Looks to me like heat damage considering there doesn't seem to be any issues with the colors of your leaves or anything. Try to keep temps under 84-86 with good air flow. Remember that your plants won't magically get better in two hours. It can take weeks for them to recover.

"We made nature illegal. This just shows how unnatural we have become"
    Looks to me like heat damage considering there doesn't seem to be any issues with the colors of your leaves or anything. Try to keep temps under 84-86 with good air flow. Remember that your plants won't magically get better in two hours. It can take weeks for them to recover.

"We made nature illegal. This just shows how unnatural we have become"

6. I agree it looks like heat stress. Unfortunately your pic wont enlarge on the multiple devices ive tried viewing it on so I cant say for sure.

Either move the lights up and/or increase air flow.

It looks to have nute burn and you're at least a month away, maybe longer. Yes, it will definitely fatten up if given the right conditions.

7. Not sure if this will help, It enlarged for me :p
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427752092.894795.jpg

And thanks for reassuring me, I'm gonna be mulching that up today probably! Will it make a difference if I chop the leaves up compared to putting them in whole?

My Organic, LED, Autoflower grow!
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1364334-NA%27s-grow-journal

8. Thank you VERY much for that!

100% sure it's heat stress only. Increase circulation of air and/or move the lights away.

Thanks bro!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks man, i really appreciate it!

10. anytime man. i mean that sincerely. pm is always open to everyone!

• Like Like x 1
  11. There was no liming agent added at all, unless there is some in Nutrimix HP, so is that going to continue to cause me issues. I have a container of domilic lime, can I add it somehow? I also have the full line of general organics, would anything help from that line?

12. Can anyone help?
    I had three plants, one I planted two weeks before the other two, this one died a few days ago, now one of the other plants is also looking unwell, the leaves are drooping and it is no longer able to stand by itself, the soil seems very moist but I haven't watered it since I transplanted them, over a week ago and it's only been today that it started drooping. Could it be because I aerated the soil with a cocktail stick? I am also now using a cocktail stick to help it stand. 
    I also think I may have seen a spider mite on it today but I'm not sure it was a very tiny white insect but it wasn't on the leaves it was only on the pot I have it in. 
    I've stopped watering them and feeding them and pretty much left them alone for a while hoping not to over water or feed them.
    I'm not sure how to post pictures yet but as soon as I work that one out I will.
    Is their anything I can do to save them?
    Also can spider mites cause the plants leaves to droop and the stem to become weakened? 

Dolomite lime is not the best choice, as it has an improper calcium to magnesium ratio of 2:1 rather than 5:1 as it should. Something like oyster shell meal wont raise ph but the calcium will help slow the decay and stop locking stuff out. Something like kelp meal is a better choice of feed as it ontains 73 micro and macro nutes to cover the full spectrum of what may be lacking.

Read this for dolo lime info
    http://organic-fertilizer-tips.blogspot.com/2011/05/dolomite-lime-why-using-lime-is.html

It sounds like stem rot or root rot from not adding enough aeration such as perlite to your soil and overwatering. Small plants up to 6-7 inches tall need only about a shot glass worth of water around the stem. Dry roots are better than wet roots.

Consider hosting a pic on photobucket and then using tags to paste it here

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427764993.311653.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Is that a male? Need to know asap, please help!! And have another one I'm unsure of. View attachment 1735140 if anyone can help

16. Is that a male? Need to know asap, please help!! And have another one I'm unsure of. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427765206.285832.jpg if anyone can help

17. Shit, that what I thought I have a plant in the same room that showed no signs of being a male, till it started to bud, do males bud? Bc now I'm entirely insure of what I thought I knew..=\\ if u want to see the plant budding message me and I will send it, don't want to confuse people with the other plant picture. Thank you

18. Hey poke I don't mean to be a bug-a-boo but I'm not sure I'm seeing any positive effects yet....it's definitely putting red streaks on my stalks....wtf'....and they're still pale green. ...I just don't wanna add nutrients thinking they're under fed. ...they have perked up but not all of them ...some are still a bit droopy...
    care to enlighten me ???...I'm perplexed :mellow::mellow::mellow:

Attached Files: