Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. #15001 Jimbob 6554, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    I'll take one when I get home And not really the whole leaf is just Turning yellow with brown/black spots and it's only affecting one lead at a time was thinking it was mabey the ph but I'm not totally sure. I'm also just curious about something, I used hyponex potting soil and it has peat moss and perlite mixed in but the way my plants are acting as if they are not getting enough air to the roots should I mix in more perlite ? If so how would I do that with out harming the roots..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427603398.229973.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427603491.216477.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427603540.336254.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427603568.089138.jpg here are the few pics I haven't been checking my ph could that be it ?

3. Light brown spots, LED grow, prob Mag def right? How do I fix that, I have general organics multi pack including calmag or should I do something else? New growth seems to be going super strong and nice bright green so I don't really wanna mess with it if I don't have to.

Attached Files:

4. hi dirtdiggler ,,yep seems like what pokemot said a zinc deficiency,,but as well ive just been having a' look in a book 'and it also looks like it could be a bit off sulfur deficiency as well,,,,,mac

5. I'm getting my coffee and bowl rips in for the morning here....I'm waiting on the lights to come on so I can further inspect my multi-strain madness for unwanted males....I did however confirm my first female last night before lights out:D....

6. I'm getting my coffee and bowl rips in for the morning here....I'm waiting on the lights to come on so I can further inspect my multi-strain madness for unwanted males....I did however confirm my first female last night before lights out:D....
    I'm getting my coffee and bowl rips in for the morning here....I'm waiting on the lights to come on so I can further inspect my multi-strain madness for unwanted males....I did however confirm my first female last night before lights out:D....

Attached Files:

7. It looks nitrogen deficient (hungry)

Blood meal, worm castings, chicken or steer manure will fix this. Castings or chicken manure in a tea will be the fastest methods of delivery. You could even do a foliar application of ACTs. (see Pokes resource center for info on how to make and apply acts in the link that follows)

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1305106-pokes-perpetual-underground-jungle-15-strains.html/page-429#entry21482385

8. Get a closer pic of the effected leaf please.

Calcium presents as rust spots.

Magnesium presents as intraveinal chlorisis. Conpletely different and unique deficiencies.

Are you spraying anything by chance? It looks like the leaf got sprayed.

Dont do anything to it until we figure out whats wrong. You add calmag youre gonna muck it up.
    ~ poke

9. Ya sorry that pic was bad lol here are some better ones.

I have never sprayed anything before so I need to learn how to foliar feed one of these days lol I have a killer Alfala/kelp Tea brewing right now, so maybe soon I will learn the art lol

The plant is growing awesome under the 192x3 Mars LED really bushy and I'm LSTn her around the container

It's an organic grow that is pretty ghetto to say the least, I learn more everyday and like to experiment so shit happens sometimes lol
    Ya sorry that pic was bad lol here are some better ones.

I have never sprayed anything before so I need to learn how to foliar feed one of these days lol I have a killer Alfala/kelp Tea brewing right now, so maybe soon I will learn the art lol

The plant is growing awesome under the 192x3 Mars LED really bushy and I'm LSTn her around the container

It's an organic grow that is pretty ghetto to say the least, I learn more everyday and like to experiment so shit happens sometimes lol

Attached Files:

10. Those weren't much better lol think I need to turn off the fan haha

11. Good man. If you didnt see the link i posted above here it is
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1305106-pokes-perpetual-underground-jungle-15-strains.html/page-430#entry21485442

I too am an organic gardener, so if youd like to learn anything at all about organics the link above will help you. To make things easier on those seeking help ive created "Pokes Resource Center"

Sounds corny, but its a collection of links, vids, guides, etc at the top of my journal, stickied (on every page), so that should anyone need help in anything, from ACTs to SSTs to you name it, they can find in depth help there!

You are doing a damn fine job! Excellent!

As for your issue, its early stages of potassium deficiency and magnesium. Because we see both together we know ph is falling. It happens a lot in organics due to rapid decay and buildup of sulphuric acid.

To combat against this you want to add some oyster shell powder or another liming agent.

Kelp meal will no doubt fix potassium. If magnesium doesnt correct consider spraying epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) as a foliar spray (under leaves to feed stoma(ata), which are like plant hairs, or pores that drink and breath. You want .5 to 2 tsp per gallon of water.

When foliar spraying spray under up, never spray the top of leaves.

Never ever spray under hot lights. The mist can make the light explode and it WILL burn your leaves. Either turn off the lights or move them elsewhere. Keep a fan on the plants to make evaporation quicker.

If you ph your water before watering youll want to increase ph by 1000 for instance, 6.5 ph will be 7.5 ph.

If you ever need any help and want ONE ON ONE help feel free to pm me anytime.

I mean it!
    ~ poke

12. #15013 NorthernAutos, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Hey poke, I'm chopping down my hempy soon and figured I'd use it as mulch. It was grown in perlite with hydro nutes. If I add those leaves to my organic soil will it effect anything?

And also... What are the best ways to apply the leaves? Mixing in with my CC and sit for a month, "top dressing" after it goes in pots etc... Thanks :D

My Organic, LED, Autoflower grow!
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1364334-NA%27s-grow-journal

13. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427687219.367738.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427687250.803399.jpg also one of my plant are getting dark brown spots all over it /:

14. Can some one tell me if these are balls on these girl clones and gonna Hermie? Or if my others have any problems !! Thanks

Attached Files:

15. I have some girls 4 weeks into flower under hps lights would it effect them to switch now to led lights

16. #15017 ganjaguy99, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    What kind of setup are you switching from and what LED setup are you going to? Why the switch? Why not just add the LEDs to help the HPS ?

I doubt it will hurt anything unless you are losing wattage and then your plants will just not grow as well. Your temp and humidity levels might change so you might have to change your venting but I can't see an issue.

17. Hey guys another sick plant here and I let her go way to long before posting. I really tried to find out the answer on my own but there are so many conflicting theories and it seems like such an easy Symtom to recognize but I have no idea and don't want to screw it up further because it's almost on all the leaves.

Attached Files:

No it should be perfectly fine to add any of the ways you mentioned. Theres no best way only your preffered way. Any you listed are fine :)

The spots are phosporous deficiency. You could correct this with a top layer of manure over your soil (top dressing they call it)

Chicken manure is the cheapest and most readily available at 3 bucks per 1.5 cu foot bag at home depot.

It looks like a simple calyx. Google calyx and see. Its not a pollen sack.

No it wont. I switched at 8 weeks flower from hps to led :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Looks like potassium, magnesium and nitrogen deficiency.

When you see any of those in combination it means ph is dropping. Usually that means not enough liming agent was added to the initial mix. Ou can fix it by adding a liming agent, some oyster shell powder, etc.

Id add some castings as a top dressing or manure if you dont have castings