Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Yeah around 3 gallons is perfect 10-15 litres Ish.

Chef.

2. aeration means air in the soil. If there aren't enough aeration amendments (perlite, pumice), the soil will hold too much water and that's what it looks like in the photo. Either that or you're just watering too much, probably the most common mistake with novice growers. Seedlings don't transpire much water so typically it's several days between waterings

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1357118-Scotty%27s-first-grow

3. Hello!

I've been growing this plant for 1.5 months. At first had a lot of issues with overwatering, temp, and humidity. Then repotted, fixed everything, but it seemed to late and most leaves fell (presumably from overwatering). Still gave it a chance and now still, some leaves are seemed to have grown again (or maybe they haven't fallen yet. I don't know). I haven't watered the plant in over a week and a half. The soil seems dry at least at the top, but it also seems very compacted, (like it dried in that shape. For me to test the soil with my finger, I had to 'carve' in wide away from the plant to avoid damaging). The pot still seems normal weight (i.e. Not empty, but def not full either). I'm wondering now if I should water the plant or not, or of this plant doesn't have a chance. I can't tell from the shape of the leaves if there's an issue now, and if there is, if it's overwatering or underwatering.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

THANK YOU!

View attachment 1730917 View attachment 1730918 View attachment 1730919

4. A plant that size needs only a shotglass worth of water Every 2-3 days only. Water just around the stem.

Anymore and youre overwatering.

5. #14965 dcaping, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
    Should I water the way you describe now, or are you saying as a general rule? i.e. It doesn't seem overwatered still even though I haven't watered in a +week and a half?

6. Im 100% positive by glancing at your soil that its overwatered. My son brought a plant home a few weeks ago and overwatered it. Its 5x the size of your plant in a pot 3x smaller. I havent watered it since and its still as soaked as yours is. His is dying from the bottom up too as the roots slowly suffocate, forcing the plant to breath through stomata and consume lower foliage for nutrients.

Your plant looks like it wont need water for another 7-15 days and then when its dry and feels like a feather, only then should you begin watering again the way i have showed you. When your plant is 15x bigger than it is now, only then should you soak the pot as much as you have.

Its always better for a plant to be underwatered than over. Underwatered plants force roots to grow and seek out water, overwatered causes roots to sit in sludge, suffocate and eventually rot.
    ~ poke

7. #14967 dcaping, Mar 26, 2015

Thanks Poke! I only watered the way is described in most blogs (allow extra 20% water to run, etc, but I'll definitely won't be doing that anymore)

I'll just let it be and see if the plant makes it. If it does, it's probably very potent [​IMG]

On another note (my apologies if this is too off topic), what do you think about going from harvest back to vegetative and repeating the cycle endlessly?

Again Poke, thanks so much! I hope God blesses you with great yields.

PS. I don't know why the app is double posting

8. I will tell you a scecret my friend. A reveg is not for everyone and its not easy by any means. It takes a skilled grower to achieve a reveg from a harvested plant.

But a much simpler method is this. Before you flip to flower cut off a few backup clones. Now save them and grow them in a separate room under veg lights. Now youll always have fresh cuts of your favorite plant to put into flower any time you want :)

If you dont have the room for this, then keep the clones under 12/12 and manually substitute another 6 hours by moving them elsewhere when the flowering lights go out, so that the clones stay on an 18/6 schedule. :)

Thank you for the kind words my friend, i wish you all the success in the world :)
    ~ poke

9. #14969 dcaping, Mar 26, 2015
    "Now youll always have fresh cuts of your favorite plant to put into flower any time you want :)" --> do you mean that when the clone I took is ready to be switched to flower, I take a few clones out of the initial clone, and then endlessly repeat this?

Thanks again!

10. #14970 rain dancer, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Yep, absolutely. Heres a video i made to help.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eWFEZN_mEg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You can find more help in my journal here
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1305106-pokes-perpetual-underground-jungle-15-strains.html?view=findpost&p=21472028

Top o the page is a special post i put up to cover most every topic you can think of :)

Its also my grow journal so you can stop in and see how i do it if youre interested!

HTH
    ~ poke

11. sounds like you have an auto going there are you feeding it

12. its in Ocean Forest soil...wasn't planning on feeding for another week or 2 until i switch to 12/12

13. You won't need to switch, is it an auto? you need to feed it as soon as you can though looks nice, needs nitrogen

14. no clue random seed from bag of dank

15. Broken branch any way to save? It split of the main stem but not entirely
    Broken branch any way to save? It split of the main stem but not entirely

16. Tape and a splint

17. Its hungry, feed it.

Autos flower under 18+ hours of light.

However photos will show sex when mature, even in veg.