Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. If it is nute burn it wont get better without a flush.... They almost look cooked from heat too...

What sort of aeration is in your medium? I know you flushed but it doesnt look like theres much air getting to roots, look how compact it is! How's your humidity? I ask because one of your deformed leaves looks like it was chewed off, which is a common sign of low humidity.

It may simply be suffocation of roots causing what looks like a ph imbalance.

With roots poking out the bottom you have two choices really, transplant them or trim the root ball. They do look overwatered but thats not a problem that persists long with enough aeration.

You seem to have adequate aeration, so id say a transplant is in order, as that pot does not seem sufficient in size.
    ~ poke

2. #14442 Pandamoanius, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    S

3. Im using an unamended roots organic potting soil and yea i was thinking the spots were do to light problems sense more than one of my plants showed the same stmptoms however the humidity has been in the upper 70%s and recently with the cold weather has dropped to 40%. I have a fan and heater in place put the heater on earlier today as i believe the soil is too cold for the roots to use the water.

4. What it look like GC.. They looked good until about 4 days ago when I added like 4 seedlings and now they don't look to do.. Been tryin to keep the ph at 6.0 to 7.0 and they still look like something wrong.. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425096877.206244.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425096890.822026.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425096903.431659.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425096916.591317.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425096928.261272.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425096947.745316.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425096964.686878.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425096979.764340.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425097002.548218.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425097027.631771.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425097042.498292.jpg

Let me know whatcha think..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Is this a magnesium deficiency ? The soil for this plant is pretty plain (75% ff light warrior 25% ffof) ... Been feeding it grow big every few weeks and its been fine up until about 1 week ago ..  

Attached Files:

6. Is this a hermie? Im about 5 weeks into flowering? tried to get good pics

Attached Files:

7. what makes you think that? I may be wrong but I don't see any pollen balls in your photos

8. Just wondering if anyone could tell me what this might be, only on the top of the plant.
    1st Picture is obviously different than the 2nd and 3rd but the 2nd and 3rd are the same plant.
    Thank you for your time!

Attached Files:

9. #14450 Sativa Scotty, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    You mean the very top? It's flowering! Someone else here will advise you on the leaves

10. this is how she looks now mate, pistles are growing back and buds forming but the new groth is still kinda yellowish. Im fairly sure its getting better but not 100%
    20150301_134526.jpg

Attached Files:

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425189201.673027.jpg
    Is this from the heat light being to close?! Any clue?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. ------------------
    whats the rest of the plant look like ,,,,picture of plant if you can thanks,,,,,,,,,,mac

13. #14454 yatjapredatr, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    Do my babies look alright? Lst trained I'm flipping to 12/12 today. No nutes I used slow release soil but transplanted them into plain soil now Gunna use fox farm tiger bloom.

Attached Files:

14. I'd say veg longer and tie down some side branches:) if it was mine I'd veg another week or maybe 2:) looks good tho mate :)

15. I've got a 10 gallon bubbler with 5 gallons of nutes, plus running a pump to water the rapid rooter/hydroton.  My light is an LED with 50 x 3w bulbs.  My temperatures are high, so I installed four large air stones and run the air pump on full blast.  One plant was put in place 13 days ago.  Days 1 through 9 were gorgeous...good growth, pretty green color, etc.  However, on day 10 the leaves drooped and started with some yellowing.  Now, on day 13 the bottom leaves look bad and some have brown spots while others are white-ish/brown.

Can anyone please help with diagnosing what the problem might be?  I'm thinking magnesium deficiency, but since this is my first grow, I'd like to know for sure what's going on.  Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Attached Files:

If plants cant drink from roots they drink from stomata.

Dont mess with ph, thats gonna stress you out and is really kinda counter preouctive in soil...

They look fine. One seedling looks to be in hot soil!

Looks like a ph imbalance, but my moneys on fungus gnats.

You notice any fungus gnats? Youre using the most notorious soil on EARTH for fungus gnats and youve got all the signs on your leaves of fungus gnat damage.

Random brown blotches on leaves caused by the larvae sucking away at random roots, creating a rotting root mass.

If those were my plants theyd get a pyrethrin soil drench and id put sticky traps everywhere.

Check out my perpetual underground jungle. Search google for my name and diy sticky traps and ill save you some money too! :)

Nope, not a hermie :)

Phosporous def/lockout

Looks like spider mite damage + nute burn to me
    ~ poke

17. Whats your res temp, your res ph and your ppms?
    P.s. move your light up too

18. Temp = 75 F, ph = 5.88, TDS = 940 (I just put in new water, nutes, CalMag, and ph Down...which is why the TDS is so high right now...before the water change today the TDS was ~700.)  And I have just moved the light to its highest position. Thanks!

19. Can a female clone turn into a 100% male once thrown into flower?