Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XchaoticmetalX, Jul 26, 2008.

1. The pic you just poster above

2. Sorry mate im bouncin around, pming the wrong people, tryin to get bottles of a femenizing product shipped off, losin my marbles XD

The pic you posted yesterday needed stuff, the one you posted above looks very nice, i was complimenting you!

3. Maybe it was just lighting yesterday that's the same plant all..

Check out my first grow journal any advice is appreciated💨🌲

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1333871-my-first-grow-journal.html#entry20652333

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416699948.171719.jpg

Can someone help me out with this? Let me know any additional info needed to help diagnose. First time grower. It's on 18/6 light under 400mh in miracle gro organic soil. Water weekly. Nutrients every 3 waterings.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #13310 BDubBee, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
    Looks like a pH problem. Im new too though. What size pot and a pic of the whole plant might help, clone or seed?

6. I've already diluted my nutes. Even with no nutes my ppms are high. Could this be a sign my water is way to hard?

7. If anyone can please help me out, I have no idea where I went wrong! my first true leaves are turning brown at the tips. Started two seedlings at the same time, one is perfectly happy and healthy, the other browning at the tips of the leaves. Everything has been the same for them from the beginning, so I don't know why one is fine and the other isn't.

Details here: http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/1344764-tips-first-true-leaves-turning-brown-where-did-i-go-wrong.html?fromsearch=1

They were under a 26watt CFL each, but once the leaf tips started browning I bumped them up another CFL.

Please help me out! :(

8. Any ideas on what's happening with these...strain is strawberry cough ....it's only affecting a few but the others are starting to get the same vague but noticeable.....can some one give me some advice....day 29 from seed veggin under 900watts multi metal and mh...soil is recycled reammended...and have supplemented and fed them but only to try and correct the issue to what I suspected to be mag deficiency....:huh::huh:but to no avail it is still progressing

Attached Files:

9. I got these plants from a friend grower:

6xWhite Widow + 6xLSD

I got them in perfect health from some deep culture hydroponic tanks. I had to transplant them into a regular dirt medium.
    1 week after the transplant the plant lost 20% of their perfect dark green:
    IMG_20141101_042427.jpg

Now a month later you can see that 50% of their green just faded away.
    IMG_20141123_040541.jpg IMG_20141123_040550.jpg IMG_20141123_040556.jpg IMG_20141123_040605.jpg IMG_20141123_040605.jpg IMG_20141123_040614.jpg

• Watering every 2 days
    • Every 2 watering I give nutrients. 
    • 700ppm | 6.5PH by nutrients watering.
    • Now on 12h/12h cycle.
    What the hell if happening to my poor ladies!?
    I would love some advice on the cause of the problem. Thank you!  :smoke:

10. they look like they are a bit nitrogen deficient.....

11. -------------
    hi dirtdiggler looking a bit like a bit of potassium deficiency ..but its a bit hard to tell just by your pictures,,,so just try a half strength  K
    mix...it may even be a Mag deficiency like you said,,.mac

12.  You are on the right track :) and a pic of the whole plant would help a lot! Id say nitrogen deficiency at first glance, but those brown patches indicate a few things! Either he sprayed his leaves and they burned under hids, or he has fungus gnats, as thats the damage they cause to leaves by eating root hairs, or like you said, he has a ph imbalance caused by the most likely culprit, a rootbound plant :)

Keep diagnosing, youre a natural imho. :) good eye!

What is you water temp?
    If its above 68 and your ppms climb then it could be out of control bennies, and something like cannazym would keep anaerobic bacteria at bay, but your roots would be brownish/tan colored.

If not and your ppms climb after dilution, your plant is drinking water and not uptaking nutes, which is why the solution you diluted becomes concentrated again, as water is removed and nutes are left behind. The solution is to dilute further. I have filled my res well beyond the safe line in dwc, doing my own experiments to decide what is acceptable.

This is my experience. Clarity is needed, can you confirm or deny the above please?

Can you provide a shot of the whole plant in the pot please? If youll refer to my post above to bdub, youll see my diagnostic analysis of your plant.

Have ypu seen any tiny flies around the soil? Lost any leaves that turn brownish yellow then fall off? Does it look like the lower foliage is getting a haircut? Can you see roots poking out of the bottom of your plant? I need answers to these questions to help you. Thank you!

Clarebear, i answered your question in your thread :)

Some of them present as potassium deficiency, the rest appear as if magnesium deficiency.
    A banana peel soaked in a bucket of water with an airstone for a few days will provide potassium.

However, id feed the soil a kelp tea with some molasses added as molasses contains magnesium and kelp contains 83 micro and macro nutes, covering the full spectrum of a plants needs. Your other option is an epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) foliar spray at 1/2-2tsp per gallon of water depending on severity.

A sample of kelp meal that will last you a year or more can be found at buildasoil here
    http://buildasoil.com/products/free-sample

• Like Like x 3
  13. Build a soil sample is five dollars btw

• Like Like x 2
  14. hey thanks for that info and I've already checked out build a soil already....but I'm sure I've got plenty of good stuff...I've actually got some jobe's organic rose knockout with biozome

15. Here's what I was thinking of trying out

Attached Files: