Brand New Customized Silver Surfer Vaporizer w/ Pics! (REVIEW SOON)

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by hai2u, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Well I'm not a hardcore ganja user (I think I've only smoked 10-15 times total - I enjoyed every second of it) because I worry a lot about my lungs. I want to keep them in good shape because I'm a very active person and I still want a good set of lungs when I'm 70 years old hitting up the slopes on my snowboard. :) I know MJ won't give me lung cancer or anything, but I still like to keep myself in good shape. So a while ago I decided to order a vaporizer. I did a lot of research and I came to the conclusion that I wanted the whip model rather than the bags (just a personal preference based on some reading and etc.). So it came down to either the HerbalAire (which has a straw whip thing and a bag), Da Buddha (made by the same company that makes the SSV), or the Silver Surfer. Being the health nut I am, I wasn't comfortable with having the ganja being heated with the metalic/plastic parts inside of the HerbalAire and inhaling the resulting vapor. So I moved on to either the DBV or the SSV because both have ceramic heating elements and I'm not worried about heated glass leeching. Well as you can see from the thread title, you know what I chose. :p

Guess what I got from UPS today? A brand new green Silver with accessories and free shipping! The total was $295.73 but I got it for ~$100 because I got a deal going with an incentive gift network (that "free iPod!" shit) owner to let me get some referrals and he'd order me this thing. So I just paid some people to be my referrals (spent $100 total on that) then he bought it. I also had him enter in a discount code on the SSV site so everything went along smoothly. He felt buying it for me was a little sketchy (he refused to get my friend a bong lol) but I told him that it was just a tobacco vaporizer so he just went ahead and ordered. Sorry for the longwinded story. I'm just so happy that I got such an awesome product at this price. Aaaaaanyway so here are a TON of pictures that I took with my camera phone (yeah, camera phone, sorry). I haven't tried it yet, but when I do I'll go ahead and post a review. Oh and a lot of the pictures have a quarter in them for size comparison.

So after I open the box, this really cool hemp bag was wrapped in plastic and surrounded with bubble wrapping.
    [​IMG]

Opening the bag (I already messed with it before I took pictures though so this isn't exactly how it was when I was unpacking everything).
    [​IMG]

This thing is SUPER padded on the inside. It's awesome. You could use it as a pillow. So yeah there are two big padded pockets for accessories inside of it. And there are also two hemp pockets on the front and back of the bag.
    [​IMG]

Here it is. :p My only complaint so far is that the "V" on the SSV isn't fully painted. Looks like whoever was working on it had a few too many tokes before painting it lol. I don't mind though. It's not worth sending it back for a replacement and I really don't care very much.
    [​IMG]

Here's the glass temperature knob. When you order you can tell them what color(s) you want the knob. I think I said, "preferably black and white" so I guess they don't do black on the glass or something. Now that I look at the whole thing, I'm actually glad I got these cool colors rather than just black and white.
    [​IMG]

Another picture. The green costs $30 extra by the way. In my opinion, when you're already spending some good money, $30 extra isn't much and you might as well go with what you'll be most happy with. I think some of the other ones look kind of bland if you know what I mean ---

[​IMG]

Well, not exactly bland but when I saw the green I just had to have it. :D By the way, the thing is really customizable. There are a ton of ways you can colorize the things when you're going through the preferences on the site.
    [​IMG]

Top view...
    [​IMG]

Another view...As you'll notice the heating element is angled down. This way, when you put the want filled with herb up on it, it won't spill into the heating element. The gravity keeps it down. Kind of hard to explain but... yeah. The Da Buddha Vaporizer has a horizontal heating thing that doesn't angle downward but rather horizontal (just an FYI).
    [​IMG]

Here's the heating element you attach the wand to. Shitty quality, sorry.
    [​IMG]

Another picture...
    [​IMG]

Here's the wand thing you attach to the heating element. I always wondered how well the glass on glass connection would fit. It actually fits great and there isn't air leakage that I noticed (I connected it all up and tested it out without any herb in it). And as you may have noticed, there's also the pin that is used for grinding and adjusting the herb. You can also use it to clean out the wand then make some nice resin hash stuff. I'm assuming it's pretty good because it's not like it's spent stuff. It's material that didn't make it out of the tubing so all the good cannaboids are still there. ;)
    [​IMG]

Closer look at the glass wand. The quality isn't very good but it's pretty cool looking with the colored glass decorations. It also has a small "SSV" engraving on it.
    [​IMG]

Here's the heating element getting warmed up. This thing gets WAY HOT when you turn it up all of the way. The green metal around it was very very warm when I was putting it away.
    [​IMG]

Wand, mouthpiece, and tubing all connected.
    [​IMG]

What the wand looks like connected to the heating element. Once again, it looks like it would leak air but surprisingly it doesn't. Also, you can see where you put the herb in the wand. Oh and like I said, it's angled downward so you don't dump your herb into the heating element lol.
    [​IMG]

Here's the glass head of the pin. It's pretty cool actually. Too bad the focus on my camera phone didn't quite catch it.
    [​IMG]

And...

TADA! Vaporizer + Bong = way cool. :D Although when I tested it without the bong, I noticed that by the time the hot air (or vapor when you have herb in it) reaches your mouth it's barely warm and a water filter is honestly unnecessary. Cool, but like I said, unnecessary.
    [​IMG]

Another picture. The mouthpiece actually isn't really secure in the bong. I'd need something to keep it secure and tight for suction (anything will work I guess... even gum although that would be a mess trying to clean heh).
    [​IMG]

Notice the hands-free attachment thing. It seems like it's gonna be pretty convenient. It cost an extra $15 I think.
    [​IMG]

Another picture...
    [​IMG]

Bye bye. :wave:
    [​IMG]

All packaged up. I decided to just put the mouthpiece, whip, and wand in the front hemp pocket. No need to take it apart every time and make the connections less secure (probably won't happen but I don't want to do anything to help wear and tear).
    [​IMG]

Alright. I hope you enjoyed the pictures. I can't wait to use it. At first I was concerned that a vaporizer high wasn't as good as the smoking high. I did a lot of research and I asked around at the marijuana.com forums and I found out that the highs are indeed different. First of all, you get what you pay for. If you buy a shitty vaporizer, chances are you're not going to be getting as good of an extraction from the Cannabis. At the same time, a vaporizer is a vaporizer. They all do the same job. Some do it better than others though. If you are already spending money on a vaporizer, I'd recommend just going for the better units like this or the HerbalAire or the Volcano. Although I have read that the Da Buddha vaporizer is pretty much the same as the Silver Surfer but it's a little less convenient (horizontal connection and etc.) and it doesn't look anywhere near as cool. :p It's $220 and you can always enter in the same discount code as the SSV because it's the same company. The discount code gives you 10% off.

So why do people say the vaporizer highs are different than the smoking highs?
    It's because when you're smoking, you're inhaling the carcinogens and poison gases such as carbon monoxide and etc. Your body releases antibodies to fight this resulting in a lethargic high. A lot of vaporizer users report their highs as a lot more cerebral and hyper. At the same time, some say that even the vaporizer highs calm them down and help them sleep.

There are tons of different cannaboids to extract so you have to adjust the temperature at different settings and pull the air in slower or faster. If you want the highest heat on the herb, turn it all the way up and inhale slowly. This gives the super hot air more contact with the herb which will produce a lot of vapor and may even burn it. =O

Also, I heard vaporizers conserve herb like crazy so it eventually pays for itself. And even when it's all spent and brown, you can cook with the remainders. Obviously it wouldn't be as strong as good as cooking with good 'ol fresh Cannabis. Still, it's better than nothing.
    Anyway, that's all for now. If you have any questions just ask. Review coming soon. :D

2. Wow! Nice lookin vape! I've heard nothing but good things about the Silver Surfer and Da Buddha. Let us know how it hits :) I was lookin at pickin up a Da Buddha next week, so this is good timing :)

The vape looks sexy as hell, you're a lucky toker :)

3. that thing is awesome man, ive never heard of either of these vapes... i may be interested in buying a vape afterall... haha

nice pickup for sure dude, enjoy that.

oh yeah if you dont mind my asking, how much did it cost you total?

4. For me? About $100 exactly (paid 4 people $25 to be my referral on an incentive reward site - for more info read the 2nd paragraph of my post). For the guy who bought it for me? $266 with the 10% discount ($295 originally). Shipping was free too. And the hemp bag they threw in is pretty kickass.

5. I'm trying to get rid of mine.

6. If you don't mind me asking, why's that?

7. Not a big fan of vaporizers, surprisingly. Its cool and all but not my thing I guess

edit: Oh yeah, but your vape is fucking sick man. I'm jealous.

8. Hmmm alright man. I will admit, doing the actual activity of smoking is a lot of fun. Like cherrying the MJ and listening to the bong bubble.

9. Can never go wrong with that. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I don't seem to get a lot of vapor nor do I seem to get very high.

10. i got da buddha about a month ago and its bomb as hell.

11. Yeah you have to spend some time finding the perfect settings for these things I guess. I'll find out tonight I suppose.

12. Okay so I tried it last night. WOW. All I can say is I was completely MINDFUCKED. I have no clue why some people complain about vaporizers. I was rotating around, seeing colors, my focus moved in and out, and I had picture vision for sure. Without a doubt. I was so blitzed that I pretty much passed out on my bed for 15 minutes due to the overwhelming cerebral high. My whole mouth was very numb and as I ate I noticed a "connection lag" between my actual chewing and my brain feeling the chewing.

All I can say is, this vaporizer fucked me up big time. I spent like 20 minutes just hitting one bowl because you can keep extracting vapor out of it for a super long time. Then I packed another small one. But wow, I seriously don't think I've ever been that high. I'm so glad I went ahead and made this purchase. I was scared when people were complaining about the vaporizer highs. But yeah, I have no idea what's up with them because I was blown away.

13. Wow. Makes me wish I was still a beginner for effects like those. Those first 50 or so sessions were like doing mushrooms. Tolerance is a bitch.

Im looking for a vape atm actually. I was looking at the vapirbros, but how much is this SSV?

14. Just the SSV with nothing else is like $225 which is including the 10% discount ("Paul" is the code). Oh and shipping is free and they'll throw in a free hemp bag.

15. im a bong man but i would never turn down a rip from a silver surf. i wanna get a ceramic heating element to light my bowls:eek:

16. I've been considering buying that vape, so I'm looking forward to the review. Has anyone seen pictures of the rainbow colored SSV?

17. Here are some pics of the rainbow color (found it on the marijuana.com forums) ---

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the orange color ---
    [​IMG]

Here's the Da Buddha Vaporizer --
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a bong/ice chamber addon --
    [​IMG]

These pictures are courtesy of TokinGLX. He's an extremely helpful guy and he's also the 10% discount code ("Paul") lol.

Anyway, hopefully that helped a little, nfs924. I can review it now if you want, any particular questions though?

18. nice looking SSV wow i wish i had that one! i have a silver one with green bottom got it used for 130 but i would deffinatly pay how much u paid for that in a heartbeat:smoke:

19. hey down here in tx we invented a glass piece that has a sand blasted glass conect for a glass on glass bong and it hooks to the whip so i vap through my zob mini maybe ill upload pics soon just wanted to post that we invented something for what it looked like you would have trouble doing =)