Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Hashmoufs Recipe Guide For cannabutter (Step By Step Pictorial)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Hashmouf, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Just wondering what you think of decarbing at 300F for 15 min like this lab recommends? http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/35900-the-importance-of-decarboxylation-in-edible-making/?p=344547&hl=edibles&fromsearch=1#entry344547

2. Best guide I found so far, thanks a lot. :wave:

3. what i dont get is why are we letting it sit in the fridge for 1 hour? and then we scrape the bowl? are we taking out the excess butter because its most potent with thc or are we scraping the bowl and mixing the butter back in with the weed and then re-melting? either way, im cooking a big batch and just wanted to do it perfect.

4. I realize this is old news, but..... I guess you can just replace oil for melted butter?

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Awesome I'm gunna take this down, but do you think that cheese cloth would work for the straining process?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. How much trim plus airy popcorn buds do i need to make butter? And how much butter do i need??

Kevieboy420
    Cheese cloth will be fine.

Kevieboy420

7. I estimate the cost of this recipe as a little under $200.xx in California. How many 8in. brownie pans would it fill? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415059892.101259.jpg

I don't want to run out of money!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. Hey guys! Quick question, how dry should my trimmings and buds should be?
    Thanks!  :smoke:

9. what is the point of heating it for 5 minutes initially, letting it sit for 24 hours, and then repeating the process again??

10. Made this today with 2 oz of ak47 trimmings ended up using the whole package of butter

uploadfromtaptalk1416008888795.jpg

As it sits in the fridge till tomorrow.

11. i use 2 sticks of 250 gram of unsalted or organic butter,i use 60 gram of leaf trimmings,melt butter,add leaf,n a simmer for 15 hours on low stiring every 10 min,as in theory the longer u leave it simmering the stronger your budder will b ,then i strain with 2 strainers and a cheese cloth,strain into a old tub n thet harden in fridge then i freeze,n everything ive baked with my budder has messed me and others right up,some times i simmer for 10 hours butter n leaf trimmings,but ive always used this method for years n its aleays blew my nut off,i usually get 800g of budder doing it this way the coffee filter i dont use ,prefer a strainer and a cheese cloth plus i use unsalted butter or unsalted organic butter to make my reciepy,hope this helps,i make cookies, gingersnap cookies ,space cake, ,muffins n shortbread if my favoroute.

12. i wouldnt think simmering your trimmings in with your melted butter in a pot on simmer for 10 min would extract all the thc out of your trimmings,i also freeze my trimmings the night before i make budder as the thc cyristal comes of a lot easier as its been in freezer,then the same  as ive mentioned in my last post check u tube ive watched loads n always 10-20 hours on low simmering your leaf material,,every vid i watched to see how to make it years ago,they all left on low for hours to get more stronger budder n all used unsalted butter never margerine.
    hope this helps u guys the stone of edables is awsome hit.

13. Thanks so much in making this recipe next weekend

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

14. I decarbed my bud at 310f for 10 then followed this process, but let it simmer for about 20mins, then drained and put in some brownies :) can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Just used this recipe last night and then heard about decarbing this morning...
    Used about 3.5 of ground bud (pictured) and half a stick of butter, simmered it for 6 minutes and popped it in the fridge.
    \nCould I throw it into my crockpot at low for 10 hours or is it too late? That's the longest setting on the crockpot btw.
    and would that little amount be okay? half a stick of butter

Attached Files:

16. Why only 5 minutes of heat?? Is that really enough?

17. The thc absorbs when it's in the fridge that's why u cool and re heat and Ya I think u have to decarb to do it this way

18. Just finished my brownies for 4/20. Thanks for the reciepe. I took some pics if other people were curious. I used 1-3/8 sticks of butter and 8.6 Grams of ground up bud. Also used the double boiler method.

Attached Files:

19. Update: Brownies aren't very poitent. Moderate taste of weed in the brownies.

20. Just did this recipe, i used 4 grams and one stick of butter. I left the butter in fridge for 16 hours before i strained it. Then I made 8 brownies with it and wow. Thanks man!

"How something appears is always a matter of perspective"