Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Hashmoufs Recipe Guide For cannabutter (Step By Step Pictorial)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Hashmouf, Jul 17, 2008.

1. #941 WeedMonkee, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
    I created an account BECAUSE of this recipe! This is hands-down the BEST recipe I have ever used! Couple reasons why... first.. dont have to stand over it all day.. BUT it gets better.. another reason, the taste! DAMN, I hate that greasy taste and Ive tried so many recipes, washes, all that jazz, but this, This is home-run shit! No greasy taste! THE BEST PART.. I use 1 oz to 1 lb butter. I decarb on glass pan at 225 for 20 min.. then follow your recipe. only tweak I made, every 8 hrs or so, Id heat the butter on low, just long enough to melt and stir, then refrigerate. after 24 hrs, made cookies, GOT SHREDDED!! So, I forgot the best part.. um, I thought, well, since this plant matter hasnt been sitting and cooking for hours upon hours, Im going to try to add it to a half lb..followed recipe..bada-bing.. an extra half lb.. still amazing quality! H, you're the shit!!

2. I did this three times, once with 7 grams of stems, once with 14 grams of dank weed, and then again with the excess weed and stems from the first two trials, making cookies with all.

They all tasted like weed but none of them worked. I don't understand this.. After the second trial (Weed Trial) I ate two cookies, waited, and then ate more, did nothing. I decided I'd try to smoke the butterish weed to see if it held any THC. It did, it actually got me high. That's when I decided to do the third trial with all the excess assuming I did something wrong when cooking the butter with the thc. I decided to heat the buttery weed mix on a little higher setting this time and the came out dark green/ brownish, assuming this worked since vaping weed turns it the same color, I let the butter cool in the frig for 2 hours, then heated and did the filtering. After that, I let it sit in the frig for 10 hours. The butter looked the same color as seen in the tutorial so I decided to make another batch of cookies. I've eaten butter straight up before in my highschool days and I remember the distinct taste it had. I decided to spread some of the left over butter on a cracker and it tasted the same. I've eaten a few cookies now and all that was well over 3 hours ago. So far I've ate 4 cookies and haven't became high from them. I seriously don't know what went wrong. My gf ate a cookie from the second batch and said she might have gotten high last night but I don't know about that. Perhaps if I eat all of these cookies I'll get baked? hah damnit

3. I tried this recipe and used it in peanut butter cookies. Only problem is there extremely week. I used 35 grams of trimmings to a pound of butter because i figured it was trim so it wouldnt be as strong, didnt think this weak though. They barely do anything.

Would this be due to the trimmings or the butter i used? I used cacoa butter which i checked the fat content and it was higher than standard butter. The trimmings came off a plant that was pretty damn good so im lost

Sent from my HTC One S using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. why do you freeze it?

5. Just done this with about an oz of kushberry popcorn buds and a pile of leaves, going to let it sit for about 8 hours overnight then remelt :D

6. Made sugar cookies, ate one and a half as an experiment. 3 hours later it was so intense I had to pass out for the night (at 7pm) hahaha. thanks alot hashmouf

7. I used two sticks and a quarter of some good weed, is that sufficient amount?
    I'm asking because I'm nervous my brownies won't really have any strong affects.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. It won't let me see the pictures? Anybody else too?

9. I can on my iphone. But that's it.

10. #950 shufffuj6y, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
    one  word  Awesome[​IMG]

11. Can I use blasted butane buds that have cured

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #952 BabyEyesStoner, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014

First thing, do NOT smoke butter-soaked weed again. You don't want fat getting into your lungs man, look up lipid pneumonia. 

If you're still struggling with this, I'm kinda surprised the recipe only says to simmer for 5 minutes since it's supposed to take hours of simmering. Simmer your trim/bud in the butter for 2 hours, freeze it, then simmer again for another 2 hours. Anything you make with that will send you to the mooooooon.

Edit: looking up "simmering" in the thesaurus. Bubble, burn, seethe, ferment. Let your butter SEETHE, dude. You'll thank me later!

13. #953 BalladOfDaSalad, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
    The same thing happened to me. I followed this recipe to the T, and my edibles are essentially worthless.
    I think I'm calling 'boo boo' on this recipe.

Note: This last time I used a whole ounce to 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter. I didn't even get that much back--more like half. But I still carried on hoping that this half cup contained the power of the whole...it didn't.

Just needs longer seething time, 5 minutes is a joke.

15. Yeah. I think he should update this forum post and be a little more specific.

16. uhm, my weed turned brown when i cooked it, but i still strained it and it looks like yours does. will it still work ok? :bongin:

17. Just finished my cannabutter using around 25 grams of lower grade, and 15 to 20 grams of stems. I used 2 sticks (8oz) of butter and made up some Rice Krispies that require only 3 tbsp per batch, so I'll have to report back on how effective they are.

In the meantime here are a few pictures and I will upload a better picture of the butter in the morning after it solidifies more.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403422254.505939.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403422280.439110.jpg

18. Why not add water? It makes sure the cannabinoids don't get too hot, it's gives you more fluid to work with; no butter stuck on the sides of your pot, and once you you filter out the plant matter you won't have some sticky goo stuck to the plant which will never make it into the final butter. the water and fat will separate when cooled down, so it's no problem to get a nice fat block of butter like you did :)

19. Hey dude don't know if you will even see this but I have a question. I have about 10 grams of ground dried starting material. Can I cram it all into one stick of butter to be used in one batch of brownies ?

20. #960 cosmicheretic, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
    Great recipe that I plan to use but modify similar to another poster did. After researching more I plan to decarb in the oven before making medicinal butter.  My theory about posters not getting good results is that when they make baked goods they are not decarbing enough (before or during) or too much heat during baking is converting too much THC...both bad for potency (THC) and CBD content.  I will probably try 280F for 60 min to get more CBD content as the second link mentions as I am more interested in health benefits.  The same poster mentioned remelting every 8 hours...that's tempting too. I'm considering capping right after the final melt but not sure.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/35900-the-importance-of-decarboxylation-in-edible-making/?p=344547&hl=edibles&fromsearch=1#entry344547

http://leblanccne.com/coconut-oil/