Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Hashmoufs Recipe Guide For cannabutter (Step By Step Pictorial)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Hashmouf, Jul 17, 2008.

1. #1 Hashmouf, Jul 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2014
    How To Make Cannabutter

Ok so after I made my GramCracker recipe guide many blades were asking me for a guide on how to make Cannabutter. Cannabutter is a great way to use marijuana to make edible snacks that pack a punch, this cannabutter can be used for brownies, cookies, cakes and so on. This recipe will yield about 1 cup of rich dank cannabutter.

This is a very simple recipe guide, but as always you will need a few tools and ingredients.

Lets begin with the equipment

1. A pot

[​IMG]

2. Large glass bowl

[​IMG]

3. Large strainer.

[​IMG]

4. Small fine mesh coffee filter

[​IMG]

5. Potato masher (a large spoon will do)

[​IMG]

6. A large spoon

[​IMG]

7. Stove set on medium

[​IMG]

8. Storage container any old plastic container will work fine.

[​IMG]

Now the only 2 ingredients you will need.

1. 2 sticks of real butter ( I do not suggest using margarine)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 1/2 ounce of trimmings, buds or even stems. ( 7 grams will work as well, but the more the better)

[​IMG]

Now lets make CannaButter!

Step 1. Place the 2 sticks of butter into the pot on the stove on medium and allow to melt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 2. Add trimmings or buds of choice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 3. Turn heat to low and stir well and let simmer for 5 minutes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 4. After simmering for 5 minutes, pour the butter and trimmings into the large bowl and place into the refrigerator for 24 hours (an hour or 2 will do but 24 is best)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 5. After butter has set for 24 hours, remove from frig and scrape the bowl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 6. Turn stove on low and slowly re-melt the butter in pot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 7. While waiting for butter to re-melt assemble your filtering station

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 8. After butter has completely re-melted stir well and strain

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 9. Allow to strain, then squeeze out remaining butter with potato masher

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 10. After squeezing all butter out of the trimmings stir well with clean spoon and place into storage container then move to refrigerator for 1 hour

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An hour later you will have beautiful intoxicating CannaButter for your edible enjoyment. Here are some pics of the finished product

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And its a simple as that! Now give it a try!.... and don't forget to to make some "GramCrackers" the recipe is located in my signature for easy reference. Thank you for visiting goodbye :wave:

• Like Like x 7
  2. that is awsome man thank you so much, bin looking for a good guide everywere.

3. that is an amazing guide, possibly sticky worthy

4. Wow, thanks man. I was actually planning on baking soon and this will come in handy! thanks :smoke:

5. Awesome guide man that finished product looks ridiculous.

6. You should jjust have one huge Hashmouf's sticky with all of your guides in it

7. Great guide man, thank you.
    Vaporized weed if used should be a quantity of about an oz, correct?

8. very nice. i think hashmouf needs his one section on here. lol. i think this should be stickeied to.

+rep for a good tutorial

9. Sticky Sticky Sticky!

Wow Hashmouf! Your guides are well organized, to the point, and very simple to follow. Bravo!:)

+Rep if I can.:)

Peace

10. would a half ounce of mids work or would it have to be doubled to a whole ounce

11. thank you and you are welcome .

• Like Like x 1
  12. just a couple questions. never baked weed before and just wondering.

How bad is the smell afterwords? I'd imagine it'd be real strong and all over the house, right?

and as for the left over buds, are those practically useless at that point? or would there still be a tiny bit of potency left? I'd think probably not, cause in theory you're baking the THC out....so yeah. But any more specifics about it would be appreciated. and as soon as I can bake shit, I'm using your tuts.

13. Yes this is perfect for baking have fun.

14. Thanks.

15. Thanks Rev, yeah that would be nice :)

16. Thanks for your support.

17. Thanks Eleven your opinion is always valued.

18. A half of mids will do just fine. if you do use a whole OZ. I suggest at least 1 more stick of butter.

19. The smell is pretty strong, but when baking with chocolate it really doesnt smell so much like weed.

the left over weed is pretty much useless since all the THC has been extracted into the fat of the butter.

20. did u use a 1/4 pound of butter? or what.