Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

does smoke go stale?

• Please log in to reply

CitySmoker420

CitySmoker420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,391 posts
if smoke sits in an air tight chamber will it lose its THC content?? if smoke were to be put into lets say... a balooon and then later inhaled, would you still get high? or as high??

Similar Topics: does smoke go stale?     x

Guest_Ba1lz420_*

Guest_Ba1lz420_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
Smoke can go stale, and i've tried the whole balloon idea, and it indeed gets you fucked up but thats probably because you're inhaling smoke+carbon dioxide:confused:

ocvan

ocvan

• Registered Upgraded
  • 420 posts
i know smoke can go stale but this got me to thinking-whats the point in clambaking?

KingOfTheOzone

KingOfTheOzone

• Registered Upgraded
  • 292 posts
Try it, whats the worst that could happen? You wouldn't get high and it might taste a little weird. Go for it and report back!:wave::D

cephaliccarnage

cephaliccarnage

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,211 posts

i know smoke can go stale but this got me to thinking-whats the point in clambaking?

lol there isnt really one, people just think it gets them higher because they feel more fucked up since whatever you are hotboxin is runnin out of air...so your gettin lack of oxygen.
but really all it does is make you reeeeek of weed lol

bss

bss

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 316 posts

CitySmoker420

CitySmoker420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,391 posts
but my idea is in reguards to another post... i wanted to make a tripple chambered bong to store a hit, then inhale 3 at once

Saint Dogg

Saint Dogg

Outdoor Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 515 posts
Yeah it will go stale, I've found a really funny thing to do though is blow all my smoke into a baloon until its stuffed than tie off the end. It ghosts out after a bit but if you pop the bitch it jsut sends out a wave of dank smell.. last day of school me and 7 friends had a sesh right before school and filled up 2 baloons each and stuck them in backpacks and went on to school. Between the first and second hour bells we spread out down the hallway and poped them lmao.. by 4th hour there was about 30 differant stories going on about what happend lmao...

CitySmoker420

CitySmoker420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,391 posts
thats actually not a bad idea for a seinor prank, and then u could like put aregana in somebodys locker

IglooBuds

IglooBuds

Native Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,337 posts

thats actually not a bad idea for a seinor prank, and then u could like put aregana in somebodys locker

If you want to be an asshole.

kennythehitman

kennythehitman

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 166 posts
wait will it go stale if your hotboxing something in a small space with no holes or anything

and

you take a hit, inhale for 5 secs as usual, blow out, and inhale the smoke that is in the space your boxing(smoke comin from the burnin end of the blunt(which is the smoke taht is wasted when smokin papers))

DiggityDankness

DiggityDankness

Wu for the kids.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 591 posts
Yes, smoke absolutely goes stale.

Milk a bong and let the smoke sit for awhile, it certainly doesn't taste the same.

kennythehitman

kennythehitman

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 166 posts

wait will it go stale if your hotboxing something in a small space with no holes or anything

and

you take a hit, inhale for 5 secs as usual, blow out, and inhale the smoke that is in the space your boxing(smoke comin from the burnin end of the blunt(which is the smoke taht is wasted when smokin papers))

arghh i revived this thread for this purpose
how long does it take, im sure it doesnt go stale instantly or 5 seconds.,,,

NYCdeisel

NYCdeisel

Is in a ny state of mind

• Registered Upgraded
  • 20,481 posts
ew yes, smoke DOES go stale.
Hotboxing is kool sometimes, but it doesnt really get you 'higher', its just the placebo effect making you think you are.
I mostly smoke out of my bong, and its pretty damn big, so sometimes when im so high im not paying attention, i take a huge ass rip and try to get most of the smoke before it goes stale, but if all the smoke turns stale i never inhale it anymore(stale smoke is fucking disgusting) but i take out the bowl and blow into the downstem to clear the chamber of stale smoke, then take a clean hit.

EDIT: Smoke goes stale after a few seconds, there wouldnt be time to inhale the smoke lingering in the air when your hotboxing, after maybe 5 seconds all the THC has dissapeared and its just stale, nasty smoke.

GitLifted

GitLifted

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Yea smoke can get stale in a bong if you wait long enough to clear it

kennythehitman

kennythehitman

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 166 posts
How long is what im tryna find out

NYCdeisel

NYCdeisel

Is in a ny state of mind

• Registered Upgraded
  • 20,481 posts

How long is what im tryna find out

You can find that out for yourself, i doubt that you are incapable of finding this out witha bit of smoking.
You dont have to look to damn internet forums just for an answer.
Sorry if im coming off as a bitch, im just saying that it would be a lot easier to actually do the research, or smoke and do a few experiments and soon you will have your answer.
yea, so if you have a bong, then you can try leaving some smoke in the chmaber and see how long it takes to go stale, you will know when its stale, trust me, it will taste gross and it will be kinda dissapearing and you will just know!! youll know when its stale, and it only takes a few seconds, i know this from personal experience.
IF you do not have a bong, and only a small pipe or joint/blunt, then get something like a glass or an airtight mason jar and blow some smoke in after only inhaling into your mouth fairly quicly, so it doesnt looose THC, wait about 5 seconds and open it up and see if its stale, keep doing it until you feel confident with your answer. not very hard

kennythehitman

kennythehitman

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 166 posts
alright bro, ill try the method with the jars, it just seems better to me

BTNHtoker13

BTNHtoker13

BTNH never forget Eazy E

• Registered Upgraded
  • 704 posts

yeah you obviously never got to s-e-n-i-o-r year, its spelled o-r-e-g-a-n-o

hahahaha

anyways yeah smoke goes stale, thats why i never hotbox, all you do is sit there and have your clothes all smelly

dstrkt

dstrkt

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

I didnt know what stale smoke was until i was smoking out of my pipe and took too big of a hit and was unable to clear the smoke inside. After coughing for a few seconds i tried to suck out the smoke still in the pipe and it tasted really bad and made me cough a lot. It really took me by surprise because it had never happened before.

this happened to me too, even through a roor.
i was already pretty elevated then i decided to pack another bowl
so after i lit up the bowl for the hit, i forgot that i still had smoke to clear
and i dozed off then coughed like crazy after i took the hit about 1 min later ;x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users