Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does holding in weed smoke actually get you higher?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nachtfarbton, Jun 27, 2008.

1. it means to make the smoke less noticable
    when u hold ur smoke in for a while ur smoke will be less visble

dang johnson beat me to it xD

2. I've heard 8 seconds is the maximum. After that all the THC is absorbed. I'm sure it varies from person to person, I usually just go with 5 seconds, for a bowl or joint, but with a nice big bong rip I usually hold it in for the whole 8 seconds. And ghosting is almost proof that the longer you hold it in, the more that your lungs will absorb, not necessarily THC but the concept makes sense haha.

3. Hey man, ghosting is when you Hold it in long enough so that no smoke comes out when you exhale. Srry if some1 already an answered your question

4. You guys keep saying 5-7 seconds...

Well, just hold it in for 6 seconds. :D

5. Ghosting a hit is when you hold it in so long the smoke is clear; aka, no smoke.

I usually ghost at least once a bake just for shits and giggles. To be honest, if your smoking, your already fucking up your lungs, so you probably don't care too much. My golden standard is five seconds, after that it's just exhausting and you get a head rush, regardless of health risks.

To answer you're question: yes, but nothing you will notice after a bowl or two, and not nearly worth the effort. do it within the comfort range, as with anything, specially weed.

6. THC isn't the only compound that is responsible for getting you stoned. I don't know what the science is on the absorption of the other cannabanoids, but I know that holding it in for as long as I can gets me WRECKED.

Theres a reason playing taxi and stuff gets you super ripped.

it works for me, gets me real high, ima keep doin it.

7. inhale...exhale...
    not
    inhale.......................................................................exhale

8. based on my professional opinion being an EMT and all

(lol)

3-5 sec and you're cool

9. 5 seconds. I do ghost hit alot to..just habit.

Different strokes for different folks....yeaaauuppp

10. Ghosting it NOTICEABLE increases the high. How do I know? Well, I used to not know how to smoke it, so I never inhaled it, lol. When I learned how to, I held it in for 3-5 seconds. Then I bumped it up to 5-10 seconds. Now, I hold it in for 10-20 seconds almost every time.

I get very baked (more baked than when I only held it in for 5-10 seconds) almost every time, and as some of you already know... I was stoned for 12 hours yesterday doing this with 1.5 grams of weed and 2 people.

11. i dont care about the science but when i hold my hits in for awhile i get an immediate big buzz, it def makes you higher

12. holding it in until most of the smoke is absorbed, so not much come sout when you exhale.

13. ...because you're depriving yourself of oxygen. Hold your breath any time and you'll get the same effect.

14. holding the smoke in for so long that it comes out invisible like a ghost

15. Ive come to have a look on what advice to give you guys, and this thread caught mmy eye;

Really the longer you hold in the smoke, the more stoned you will feel. Oxygen deprived or not, I'm not addressing that issue anyway.

I remember being "taught to smoke" after years of smoking! I had to hold the smoke in for as long as I could.
    You guys ever played Ti-chi??
    Its called many diff. names, but this what we used to call it back in Scotland.
    Its where you sit around in a circle, usually on the grass, and have to take 2 tokes, hold them [both] in and pass it, and not let it go until the joint reaches your hand again. We all got stupidly stoned that way, which proves the previous statement.

16. your proving my point, it has effect that makes you feel more high, thus making the final answer:

Yes

17. i just inhale and exhale deeply... if i want to get more high, ill just smoke more weed.

18. Thank you for this thread. I play Bari Sax (which requires a lot of lung space for air), so holding in smoke for less will be great.

:)

19. yeah as stated a few seconds is all u need for 90-95% plus i believe deep inhales held in for about 3 seconds is more effective and does less damage then just holding a hit in for 10 seconds...

20. I hold my smoke fro about 7-8 seconds, it's become second nature to me now.
    BTW whut does ghosting a hit mean?