Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Damaging trichomes

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by muzikman88, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Hey guys. I was wondering what you guys thought about damaging trichomes when grinding/breaking up weed.

First, does grinding/breaking up even damage them? and Secondly, does that even matter? Are the damaged trichomes still as effective as they were in their untouched state?

2. im pretty sure that when u damage them the thc just starts to come out, so if ur gonna smoke the bud right away than that is fine. However if u want to store ground up weed it will lose potency because the thc degrades.

3. hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

4. I wouldn't worry about it. I've certainly never been noticeable less high after grinding, and I've got better things to do than worry about a few molecules.

5. I'm with him. It doesn't matter if the trichomes are damaged.

6. breaking up the trichromes doesnt change their chemical makeup or anything so its still the same THC just probably broken up more and dispersed more evenly throughout your weed.

7. It defiintely doesn't have an effect on the potency. Trichomes can fall off (that's what kief is), so the buds are a little less dank, but you end up smoking the kief at one point or another so it all adds up.

8. Rupturing trichomes actually does degrade the THC levels, because they become exposed to oxygen. That being said, it is unlikely that you wil notice much of a degredation of the bud. Don't forget to grind with a kief catcher to catch those trichomes that break off the stalks though.