• by muzikman88
  • Jun 25 2008 03:05 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• muzikman88
  • Gold Member
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:05 PM

Hey guys. I was wondering what you guys thought about damaging trichomes when grinding/breaking up weed.

First, does grinding/breaking up even damage them? and Secondly, does that even matter? Are the damaged trichomes still as effective as they were in their untouched state?
Replies (7)

• sure.....

• Bajiggy
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 530 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

im pretty sure that when u damage them the thc just starts to come out, so if ur gonna smoke the bud right away than that is fine. However if u want to store ground up weed it will lose potency because the thc degrades.

• BOnGG R1PP3r
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

• Chillen.

• dr dro
  • Old School
  • 846 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:05 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. I've certainly never been noticeable less high after grinding, and I've got better things to do than worry about a few molecules.

• Glass Fiend

• mattc707
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. I've certainly never been noticeable less high after grinding, and I've got better things to do than worry about a few molecules.

I'm with him. It doesn't matter if the trichomes are damaged.

• BUDdha KING
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:36 PM

breaking up the trichromes doesnt change their chemical makeup or anything so its still the same THC just probably broken up more and dispersed more evenly throughout your weed.

• Hemp Advocate

• ThePhantom
  • Gold Member
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

It defiintely doesn't have an effect on the potency. Trichomes can fall off (that's what kief is), so the buds are a little less dank, but you end up smoking the kief at one point or another so it all adds up.

• Glassblower

• trikky
  • Old School
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:57 PM

Rupturing trichomes actually does degrade the THC levels, because they become exposed to oxygen. That being said, it is unlikely that you wil notice much of a degredation of the bud. Don't forget to grind with a kief catcher to catch those trichomes that break off the stalks though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved